Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-06-16

From XinCheJian
Jump to: navigation, search


Staff Meeting Notes 2015-06-16
Attendance: Lucio, Lio, Sean, Kevin, Pablo
Pablo taking notes, Andy running.


NEW IDEAS

Hacker Scholarships (proposed by Roger)

  • ROGER, Skype presentation
  • ANDY called, ROGER not online, only 15min left


SPACE

DOOR PROBLEM

PROBLEM: The issue is people constantly knock on the door, and ask XCJ people to open the door.

OFFICIAL XINCHEJIN POLICY

  • OPTION A - P2 KEYCARD
  • ONLY UP TO STAFF TO DECIDE (AT STAFF MEETING)
  • OPTION B - Membership and DOOR Setup
    • PAUL, to update when back
  • OPTION C
    • LUCIO to buy off-the-shelve intercom; install with LIO
    • LUCIO getting the cheapest option which MICHELLE send out to staff: "XCJ - Door Bell Intercom Options for Staff Approval"
  • I200.cn - Xinchejian Membership System
  • AMANDA to update staff next time
  • Question to be solved: How do members get into the space?


STAFF ISSUES

Amanda

  • Amanda sent duty list to KEVIN, DONE.
  • PAUL in charge of planning party, to update when back

Space Manager

  • AMANDA - To write out what she did; DONE sent to KEVIN
  • KEVIN - To put it on the wiki SpaceManager, to review with LUCIO and RICKY -- KEVIN: SEE Job Description BELOW
  • Pictures of the space and tools available PABLO; Put on site, wiki; LIO to send pictures to PABLO, to update
    • SPENCER to describe CNC (XinFab), DONE sent email

=Job Description Proposals (by Kevin)

Economic Model

    • NEW PROPOSAL by SEAN: individual sponsorship, 5000RMB/year. No other benefits included other than an A4 board on the wall (not necessarily a picture of oneself).

Xinchejian Website and Wiki

  • http://xinchejian.com - Print out a FAQ. KEVIN to help draft. AMANDA and everyone else interested will add and edit.
  • KEVIN has initial draft, to update next meeting

Jekyll

  • LIO and PAUL: http://xinchejian.github.io/
    • Need to learn git and markdown; RICKY and LIO to prepare workshop
    • We're going to lose all of our SEO but ok: LIO: not true!
  • LIO and RICKY to update next week

Taobao

  • Needs pictures! To be sent to contact person@taobao; AMANDA to send person's info to staff
  • RICKY to investigate - SEAN to send email to RICKY to confirm
  • RICKY please get back to us on this

Space - SPACE

Shelving

  • The other test shelves... Lucio sent the measurement, DONE. AMANDA to order, LIO to check with Amanda

FINANCES - Sponsorship

Jing'an District

  • AMANDA to send **existing** sponsorship terms, LIO to check with Amanda

Xinchejian Alipay

  • Need to change email address
  • DONE: payment@xinchejian.com (general account but still attached to her ID) DONE, Redirects to Kevin, Paul, Amanda.

Wednesday Open Night

  • RICKY proposes new format for Wednesday nights, discussing with PABLO and MICHELLE, no update. Amanda asks not to change the format for two more weeks as many people invited.
  • LIO to send the newsletter


XCJ Intro Video

  • ROGER, LIO, ANDY (technical) will help PABLO to make intro video
  • PABLO to send script by Tuesday 30th.


Events

Wednesday Open Night

  • LIO to present his project, maybe with Amanda
  • Presentation request: Mascot design competition for Milan Expo China Pavilion. Yes, LIO to put on newsletter after checking with Amanda.

Lutz Workshop

Insectbot

  • This Sunday morning 14th, DONE.
  • LIO and RUDY will run it, DONE. LIO is going to pay back Lutz family.

Design Thinking

Ihan and Azure

  • After 5 June
  • Design Thinking
  • Workshop for designers
  • Details need to be worked out
  • PAUL will follow up, no update.

Power Tool Dis-assembly Workshop

Mill (guy in charge of Nanjing makerspaces, also does e-scooter)

  • PAUL will follow up

Pernod-Ricard Workshop

  • AMANDA will pass to Roger
  • ROGER follow up

Arduino Workshop Level 4 - Sunday

  • LIO to be contacted
  • will be 20th and 21st; refund 2 members, 2 lessons

= Future Workshops

PCB Workshop

  • LIO: sure. Whenever. Will sleep on it. (follow up)
    • June sometime soon. eaglecad, something to do
    • AMANDA to help MICHELLE with arranging the workshop; MICHELLE to document,

Unmask V2 Workshop

  • PAUL and SIMONE. will sleep on it. (follow up)

BusyBee workshop

  • LIO in August

Internet of things

  • This Friday
  • LIO: Event too commercial, do not let companies run this space. Events like that should be counted as renting the space.

Companies hosting workshops

  • Example: Autodesk hosting Fussion, Ardublock
  • Sean: "Needs to be related to making things"
  • Lucio: Do we need a rule? Added: No intense marketing.
  • Kevin: is it free?
  • Lucio: never free, hurts workshops by volunteers. Host can donate his/her part to the space
  • Amanda: what about meetups?
  • Meetups are community run, free to members, no companies
  • Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit. NO CHANGE
  • New rule: companies cannot run meetups.


Idea to discuss next week

  • Should Staff have roles? (suggested by Kevin)
  • Model is used in other Hackerspaces
  • Example: Managing Wednesdays is one guys/girls job.
  • Andy: Question will be solved when having space & event manager
  • Potential Proposed Roles
    • Support Staff Manager - Manages Support Staff
    • Treasurer - Responsible for finances
      • PAUL and FREDA nominated
    • Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc.
      • LIO and AMANDA nominated
  • Other Rules
    • 3 month nominations / terms (?)
    • PABLO to send out proposed roles to staff email


See also

  • Editor is new to the wiki so - "this is not very professional"^^