Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-06-16
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-06-16 Attendance: Lucio, Lio, Sean, Kevin, Pablo Pablo taking notes, Andy running.
Hacker Scholarships (proposed by Roger)
- ROGER, Skype presentation
- ANDY called, ROGER not online, only 15min left
PROBLEM: The issue is people constantly knock on the door, and ask XCJ people to open the door.
OFFICIAL XINCHEJIN POLICY
- OPTION A - P2 KEYCARD
- ONLY UP TO STAFF TO DECIDE (AT STAFF MEETING)
- OPTION B - Membership and DOOR Setup
- PAUL, to update when back
- OPTION C
- LUCIO to buy off-the-shelve intercom; install with LIO
- LUCIO getting the cheapest option which MICHELLE send out to staff: "XCJ - Door Bell Intercom Options for Staff Approval"
- I200.cn - Xinchejian Membership System
- AMANDA to update staff next time
- Question to be solved: How do members get into the space?
- Amanda sent duty list to KEVIN, DONE.
- PAUL in charge of planning party, to update when back
- AMANDA - To write out what she did; DONE sent to KEVIN
- KEVIN - To put it on the wiki SpaceManager, to review with LUCIO and RICKY -- KEVIN: SEE Job Description BELOW
- Pictures of the space and tools available PABLO; Put on site, wiki; LIO to send pictures to PABLO, to update
- SPENCER to describe CNC (XinFab), DONE sent email
=Job Description Proposals (by Kevin)
- Support Staff - This is the class of paid people at Xinchejian
- Space Manager - Responsible for day-to-day operations
- Responsibilities edited by ANDY - http://wiki.xinchejian.com/wiki/Space_Manager#Responsibilities, presence from Monday to Friday
- Event Manager - Responsible for workshop and event organization
- Responsibilities edited by ANDY - http://wiki.xinchejian.com/wiki/Event_Manager#Responsibilities, presence on weekends
- ANDY asking if the proposals can get official
- Discussion of salaries for Space & Event Manager: inquire staff members for proposal
- SEAN to sent Event & Space Manager Profile out to staff email and get approval
- The profiles are going to be out next Wednesday 24th, XCJ is going to hire from our community through newsletter
- NEW PROPOSAL by SEAN: individual sponsorship, 5000RMB/year. No other benefits included other than an A4 board on the wall (not necessarily a picture of oneself).
Xinchejian Website and Wiki
- http://xinchejian.com - Print out a FAQ. KEVIN to help draft. AMANDA and everyone else interested will add and edit.
- KEVIN has initial draft, to update next meeting
- LIO and PAUL: http://xinchejian.github.io/
- Need to learn git and markdown; RICKY and LIO to prepare workshop
- We're going to lose all of our SEO but ok: LIO: not true!
- LIO and RICKY to update next week
- Needs pictures! To be sent to contact person@taobao; AMANDA to send person's info to staff
- RICKY to investigate - SEAN to send email to RICKY to confirm
- RICKY please get back to us on this
Space - SPACE
- The other test shelves... Lucio sent the measurement, DONE. AMANDA to order, LIO to check with Amanda
FINANCES - Sponsorship
- AMANDA to send **existing** sponsorship terms, LIO to check with Amanda
- Need to change email address
- DONE: email@example.com (general account but still attached to her ID) DONE, Redirects to Kevin, Paul, Amanda.
Wednesday Open Night
- RICKY proposes new format for Wednesday nights, discussing with PABLO and MICHELLE, no update. Amanda asks not to change the format for two more weeks as many people invited.
- LIO to send the newsletter
XCJ Intro Video
- ROGER, LIO, ANDY (technical) will help PABLO to make intro video
- PABLO to send script by Tuesday 30th.
Wednesday Open Night
- LIO to present his project, maybe with Amanda
- Presentation request: Mascot design competition for Milan Expo China Pavilion. Yes, LIO to put on newsletter after checking with Amanda.
- This Sunday morning 14th, DONE.
- LIO and RUDY will run it, DONE. LIO is going to pay back Lutz family.
Ihan and Azure
- After 5 June
- Design Thinking
- Workshop for designers
- Details need to be worked out
- PAUL will follow up, no update.
Power Tool Dis-assembly Workshop
Mill (guy in charge of Nanjing makerspaces, also does e-scooter)
- PAUL will follow up
- AMANDA will pass to Roger
- ROGER follow up
Arduino Workshop Level 4 - Sunday
- LIO to be contacted
- will be 20th and 21st; refund 2 members, 2 lessons
= Future Workshops
- LIO: sure. Whenever. Will sleep on it. (follow up)
- June sometime soon. eaglecad, something to do
- AMANDA to help MICHELLE with arranging the workshop; MICHELLE to document,
Unmask V2 Workshop
- PAUL and SIMONE. will sleep on it. (follow up)
- LIO in August
Internet of things
- This Friday
- LIO: Event too commercial, do not let companies run this space. Events like that should be counted as renting the space.
Companies hosting workshops
- Example: Autodesk hosting Fussion, Ardublock
- Sean: "Needs to be related to making things"
- Lucio: Do we need a rule? Added: No intense marketing.
- Kevin: is it free?
- Lucio: never free, hurts workshops by volunteers. Host can donate his/her part to the space
- Amanda: what about meetups?
- Meetups are community run, free to members, no companies
- Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit. NO CHANGE
- New rule: companies cannot run meetups.
Idea to discuss next week
- Should Staff have roles? (suggested by Kevin)
- Model is used in other Hackerspaces
- Example: Managing Wednesdays is one guys/girls job.
- Andy: Question will be solved when having space & event manager
- Potential Proposed Roles
- Support Staff Manager - Manages Support Staff
- Treasurer - Responsible for finances
- PAUL and FREDA nominated
- Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc.
- LIO and AMANDA nominated
- Other Rules
- 3 month nominations / terms (?)
- PABLO to send out proposed roles to staff email
- Editor is new to the wiki so - "this is not very professional"^^