Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-06-09
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-06-09 Attendance: Lucio, Pablo, Lio, Michelle, Amanda, MinLin, Ricky, Sean, Kevin Lio taking notes, Lucio running.
Hacker Scholarships (proposed by Roger)
- ROGER, no update
PROBLEM: The issue is people constantly knock on the door, and ask XCJ people to open the door.
OFFICIAL XINCHEJIN POLICY
- OPTION A - P2 KEYCARD
- OPTION B - Membership and DOOR Setup
- PAUL, no update
- OPTION C
- LUCIO to buy off-the-shelve intercom; install with LIO, PABLO, and MICHELLE
- I200.cn - Xinchejian Membership System
Welcome PABLO and MICHELLE to staff
- Officially resigns as SpaceManager
- Amanda sent duty list to KEVIN
- PAUL in charge of planning party, no update
- AMANDA - To write out what she did; DONE sent to KEVIN
- KEVIN - To put it on the wiki SpaceManager, to review with LUCIO and RICKY -- KEVIN: SEE BELOW
- PAUL requests "Community Manager"
- Pictures of the space and tools available PABLO; Put on site, wiki; LIO to send pictures to PABLO
- SPENCER to describe CNC (XinFab)
=Job Description Proposals
- Support Staff - This is the class of paid people at Xinchejian
- Space Manager - Responsible for day-to-day operations
- Event Manager - Responsible for workshop and event organization
- TO DO: create wiki accounts for PABLO, MICHELLE, and AMANDA
- SEAN proposed a higher tier / payment: 500RMB/mo. based on usage/voluntary/trust
- approved; SEAN to draft
Xinchejian Website and Wiki
- http://xinchejian.com - Print out a FAQ. KEVIN to help draft. AMANDA and everyone else interested will add and edit.
- LIO and PAUL: http://xinchejian.github.io/
- Need to learn git and markdown; RICKY and LIO to prepare workshop
- We're going to lose all of our SEO but ok: LIO: not true!
- LUCIO found another alternative, to send to STAFF
- Needs pictures! To be sent to contact person@taobao; AMANDA to send person's info to staff
- RICKY to investigate
Space - SPACE
- The other test shelves... Lucio sent the measurement, AMANDA to order
FINANCES - Sponsorship
- Said were interested
- AMANDA will follow up; no update
- AMANDA to send **existing** sponsorship terms
- Need to change email address
- DONE: firstname.lastname@example.org (general account but still attached to her ID)
Wednesday Open Night
- Amanda: Kunshan trip? NO
- RICKY proposes new format for Wednesday nights, discussing with PABLO and MICHELLE
- "Winning project at last week's FabLab competition" AMANDA to send details
- LIO to send the newsletter
- ROGER, LIO will help PABLO to make intro video
- This Sunday morning 14th
- LIO and RUDY will run it
- AMANDA will support/PR
Ihan and Azure
- After 5 June
- Design Thinking
- Workshop for designers
- Details need to be worked out
- PAUL will follow up
Power Tool Dis-assembly Workshop
Mill (guy in charge of Nanjing makerspaces, also does e-scooter)
- PAUL will follow up
- AMANDA will pass to Roger
- ROGER follow up
Arduino Workshop Level 4 - Sunday
- LIO to be contacted
- will be 20th and 21st; refund 2 members, 2 lessons
= Future Workshops
- LIO: sure. Whenever. Will sleep on it. (follow up)
- June sometime soon. eaglecad, something to do
- AMANDA to help MICHELLE with arranging the workshop; MICHELLE to document
Unmask V2 Workshop
- PAUL and SIMONE. will sleep on it. (follow up)
- LIO in August
Internet of things
- This Friday
Companies hosting workshops
- Example: Autodesk hosting Fussion, Ardublock
- Sean: "Needs to be related to making things"
- Lucio: Do we need a rule?
- Kevin: is it free?
- Lucio: never free, hurts workshops by volunteers. Host can donate his/her part to the space
- Amanda: what about meetups?
- Meetups are community run, free to members, no companies
- Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit. NO CHANGE
- New rule: companies cannot run meetups
Catch phrase / mission statement / slogan
- "A community to share and experiment"
- "Create an inviting atmosphere to make stuff"
- "Take the initiative to be experimental and be part of the community"
- Crossover: "Create an inviting space to make stuff"
Idea to discuss next week
- Should Staff have roles?
- Model is used in other Hackerspaces
- Potential Proposed Roles
- Support Staff Manager - Manages Support Staff
- Treasurer - Responsible for finances
- Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc.
- Other Rules
- 3 month nominations / terms (?)