Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-08-02
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2016-08-02, 20:30 to 21:40 Staff: Ricky, Kevin, Paul, Eduardo, Roger Guests: Yu, Prof Huang Notes: Ricky
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Professor Huang made visits
- 4 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 5 Later Workshops
- 6 Wednesday Open Night
- 7 Workshops
- 8 XCJ Trademark
- 9 Sponsorships
- 10 Hackerspace Convention
- 11 Staff Roles
- 12 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 13 Box Management
- 14 Space Safety
- 15 Project Room
- 16 Robots competition
- 17 Waiver
Props and Announcements
- Paul is hosting a workshop on PCB
- Paul is trademark for XinCheJian is stamped
- Stickers by Andi
- Mr Wang fixed the door! Thank you!
- Makey makey and Scratch
Professor Huang made visits
- School elementary teaching
- Obtain government support
- More Events & Competitions & Hackathons
- Ads on the screen on Wednesday nights
- Monetize mailing lists and website (by selling it out to advertisers)
- Companies & Organizations
- ask for help
- ask for support for projects
- Constantly new members but not knowledgeable and as interested in technology
- Compares to Mushroom Cloud
- More elementary school teaching
- Have government support
- Have commercial companies
- Amanda told Mr Huang that often professionals are doing their own startup and that they are not made to feel to be welcome in the space.
- Wednesday night
- tighter scheduling of the talks
- have topics for certain nights
- new faces every Wednesday
- Mushroom Cloud
- free space (no rent)
- Zhangjiang (far away)
Comments from staff:
- Government support has a lot of ties attached so probably no
- Some other proposals (such as hackathons and events) require significant work
- 80% of revenues are from workshop given mostly by members. If we encourage all members to give workshops regularly, we can easily generate a surplus that will ensure the space keeps going.
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- PCB design by Paul August 7
- Summer Camp
- August 11th to 14th, Summer Camp for 17 kids
- August 15th to 16th, Summer Camp for 20 kids
- August 17th to 20th, Summer Camp for Eduardo and Alec
- POSTPONED: 3D modeling by Amanda: software, fusion360, manufacturing and industrial design
- POSTPONED: Rocket workshop about detecting water and air pollution
Wednesday Open Night
HOST: Chris (Tien & Yu)
- Nitin: The WE Project
- Lingya: Tensegrity and Mocap
- Teacher Huang
- Ask for more workshops in the space from the members
- 80% of the revenues for the workshop from the space
- Amanda to file the registration
- wants to rent the space to host innovation UX workshop
- hosts 50 persons in XinCheJian with chairs a day
- 50K RMB a day, 100K RMB before (charged DHL before)
- Coca-Cola (Eduardo)
- Came last Wednesday, follow up on August 10th
- Coca-Cola AP CEO will come
- PreciousPlastic: Plastic recycling machine: linking sponsorship to recycling machine
- Coca-Cola/PreciousPlastic/XinCheJian: human resources, funding, how many units to build
- Projects came from the members, empowering girls
- Eduardo to share Google Docs
- Panasonic lead (Amanda): to work on sponsorships
- 50K / 100K sponsorship
- yes if we exchange media exposure, newspaper
- opening a new lab in Pudong to advertise - media exposure
- PR company? Eva @ Technode? Xinchejian.com?
- MakerCarnival with sponsors, present at events, more media exposure (gold sponsorship level)
- Huawei lead, Sonos, Coolpad (Nelson)
- iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
- TO DO: What we did with the money for next sponsors.
CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below:
- 3 weeks late
- Everyone feedback on retrospective for XinCheJian for last year
- Check google docs for XCJ 2015 Events for retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments
- CHRIS to contact Amanda about Metro TV pics/vids - Amanda said we never had it.
- Brainstorming about sponsor pitch
- CHRIS proposes Hackerspace Convention for sharing best practices, building community of hackerspaces in China
- IT: Ricky Ng-Adam, Paul Adams
- SPONSORSHIP (Partnerships, Cooperations, Sponsorships): Kevin Chen+Amanda
- CORPORATE WORKSHOPS: Min Lin Hsieh
- VISUAL, Pictures, XinConnect - Andrea Carlon
- PARTY & BBQ: Roger Mu
- MACHINES AND PARTS: Paul Adams
- FINANCE: Treasury
- MEMBERSHIPS: Manage memberships, Amanda
- MARKETING: Communications, PR
- SPACE ORGANIZATION: Machines and parts, space itself
- INTERNAL EVENTS / WORKSHOPS: Events and Workshops
- Everyone works with Space Manager
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
- CHRIS to check who has paid for boxes, those that are not paid for will be opened and claimed after 2 weeks (announce ultimatum at Wednesday night, wechat groups, etc). Done!
- start renting boxes.
- Yuruky is leaving. New candidate met already.
- Follow up the tool room management
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
- XinCheJian safety goggles. Chris to take some goggles and put it in the space.
- shelves that are not secure, we took one down already. Chris asks Sean to check other shelves.
- Yu is going to follow up the document with Kin's project.
- Andi wants to call it project in residence.
- We want the project in the room to be documented.
- No Update, waiting on contract proposal
- Chris should get paid for time spent of it
- Sponsorship of 10K RMB is for using logo, marketing channel and Chris time
- Suggests to take the lead for XinCheJian event
- Chris to ask them make the contract and get the feedback from staff members.
- Chris: Paper and take picture and send them the email!