Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-07-19
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2016-07-12, 20:30 to 21:30 Staff: Ricky, Eduardo, Roger, Andi Notes: Ricky
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Later Workshops
- 5 XinCheJian Budget
- 6 Wednesday Open Night
- 7 Membership Have Dropped Off
- 8 XCJ Trademark
- 9 Sponsorships
- 10 Hackerspace Convention
- 11 Labeling equipment
- 12 Staff Roles
- 13 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 14 Box Management
- 15 Space Safety
- 16 Project Room
- 17 How does the space survive in 6 months
- 18 Robots competition
Props and Announcements
- Chris is back!!!
- Coffee workshop
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 3th and 4th this weekend at XinCheJian (Saturday & Sunday)
- Arduino Workshop July 23rd
- July 16th and 17th, a printer workshop: nobody signed up
- DIY PCB Design by Paul: future event?
- fixing Arduino-workshop robots that MWC follow up
- making a robot from scratch (170RMB cost), 280 RMB, 4 hours
- marketing by Helen
- 3D modeling by Amanda: POSTPONED. software, fusion360, manufacturing and industrial design
- July 16th: fixing robots workshops is canceled and July 23rd is kept
- July 23rd or 24th, Rocket workshop about detecting water and air pollution
- Workshop with Xinchejian and Xinfab. KIDS MAKER EDUCATION
- mid-August for 40 kids total, 2 groups
- August, 16 and 17th Tuesday and Wednesday to Xinfab
- burning cash and not making cash
- Alipay/Amanda: 3months of rent, WeChat/Freda:
- 3 years commitment is up in May; renewal (money in the bank)
- new space possible, but we still have a commitment in March
- KEVIN to update after meeting with Chris this week
- Rent paid until end of June.
- New change from government affecting P2. From 7% to 11% on invoices for rent / property (VAT).
- 7 months PURE BURN
- This is the last 6 months we can pay, then Paul is out
- More workshops
- Could not do lump payment
- NEED SPONSORS (3 SPONSORS to survive another 2 years (estimate))
Wednesday Open Night
HOST: Freda (Dooho & Yu)
- River: hot ballon project in Inner Mongolia
- Eduardo: Ardu-spritz (http://spritzinc.com/) people to enroll to opensource to create library for Arduino to use spritz technology reader for small screen
- Zelra: to build your own mechanical keyboard
Membership Have Dropped Off
- Roger suggests being a Nazi about checking if current members have paid their dues
- INTERNS: asked members if they paid their dues, ask for email address
- Chris says that the space is active enough, but there is a money issue from the low amount of membership fees collected every month
- less people coming. more membership cost to raise? more sponsors needed?
- Chris and Paul to print and stamp documents after today's meeting
- who is the legal contact for XCJ trademark: contact person
- legal faren in China, new stamp at the bank
- change legal faren from Paul to Ricky
- Japanese company sponsorship (Amanda) 大告广告 Daiko: Company producing hardware similar to Arduino, their advertising company looking to sponsor XinCheJian
- 50K/day for workshop, Freda was supposed to follow up (2 weeks ago)
- 3rd party advertising/parent need to approve
- Bosch: feels too much money
- Paul asked for the equipment list - waiting for reply
- Google (Andi & Amanda have contacts)
- no direct money sponsorships, GDG user groups community, free stuff?
- Coca-cola (Eduardo)
- first contact, looking for better contact
- next week maybe visit
- Panasonic lead (Amanda): to work on sponsorships
- 50K / 100K sponsorship
- yes if we exchange media exposure, newspaper
- opening a new lab in Pudong to advertise - media exposure
- PR company? Eva @ Technode? Xinchejian.com?
- MakerCarnival with sponsors, present at events, more media exposure (gold sponsorship level)
- Foxconn (Paul): Meeting in person in July, Paul gonna do it. Investment an something. Reached out to us the were in a tour.
- Huawei lead (???)
- iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
- TO DO: What we did with the money for next sponsors.
CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below:
- Everyone feedback on retrospective for XinCheJian for last year
- Check google docs for XCJ 2015 Events for retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments
- Chris to add Wan Gang & mayor of shanghai photos to google doc -DONE
- CHRIS to contact Amanda about Metro TV pics/vids - TO DO
- ANDI to send video link to Chris to add to google doc - DONE
- CHRIS proposes Hackerspace Convention for sharing best practices, building community of hackerspaces in China
- PAUL to follow-up with David for hackerspace contacts
- AMANDA and PAUL to follow up making a list of contacts. - 3 WEEKS TODO
- China makerspace alliance
- PAUL TO PRESENT OUTCOMES AND LIST BY JUNE 28th
- Labeling the equipment that are our own with our stickers APPROVED/TODO
- Xinchejian: Stickers -- ANDREA to make stickers (small enough)
- Budget 400 RMB.. andi!!!! update!
- ANDI TO DO THIS NOW
- ANDI TO DO THIS EIGHT WEEKS AGO...and counting
- Andi has the digital version, will print it now
- IT: Ricky Ng-Adam, Paul Adams
- SPONSORSHIP (Partnerships, Cooperations, Sponsorships): Kevin Chen+Amanda
- CORPORATE WORKSHOPS: Min Lin Hsieh
- VISUAL, Pictures, XinConnect - Andrea Carlon
- PARTY & BBQ: Roger Mu
- MACHINES AND PARTS: Paul Adams
- FINANCE: Treasury
- MEMBERSHIPS: Manage memberships, Amanda
- MARKETING: Communications, PR
- SPACE ORGANIZATION: Machines and parts, space itself
- INTERNAL EVENTS / WORKSHOPS: Events and Workshops
- Everyone works with Space Manager
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
- CHRIS to check who has paid for boxes, those that are not paid for will be opened and claimed after 2 weeks (announce ultimatum at Wednesday night, wechat groups, etc)
- start renting boxess
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
- XinCheJian safety goggles
- shelves that are not secure
- ROGER proposes hosting his project for beef aging system for the project room
- move hydroponics and higher fridge, more floor space
- ANDI says it would be OK if XCJ could keep the fridge and as long as it can take up the space that the urban farming area currently takes up, ROGER to follow-up with Haier to see if XCJ could keep the fridge
- APPROVED: No more space used than currently used. We keep the fridge.
- 3 months, documenting
- Sean doesn't need the project room for now
Work project fundraised
- Have a Contract for x months / project page
- Require documentation on XinCheJian Wiki
- Update project room rules
- create application form
- APPROVED BY STAFF
- GOES IN THE CHANGELOG / BYLAWS
- PAUL TO DRAFT SPACE USAGE AGREEMENT before next staff meeting.
- PAUL PAUL PAUL WHERE IS THIS?
- paul did not do it. Paul to present it on the 28 when he is back
- Main candidates this: Kin's helicopter simulator & transportation project
- Kin's helicopter simulator
- been in the room forever, removing it? how long can he stay?
- Application process - AMANDA to deal with it. Proposal method and scheduling for the room.
- Chris to give heads up to kin: one month left for kin starting from when we have the scheduling in place.
How does the space survive in 6 months
- find more corporate sponsorships
- workshops: more workshops?
- members: high-level memberships, another stakeholders round
- universities: better fit with our own? looking for labs for their students?
- marketing for get sponsorships: more efforts, close smaller brands
- Chris should get paid for time spent of it
- Sponsorship of 10K RMB is for using logo, marketing channel and Chris time
- Suggests to take the lead for XinCheJian event