Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-06-07

From XinCheJian
Jump to: navigation, search
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-05-24, 20:30 to 22:00
Staff: Roger, Paul, Freda, Chris, Andi
Notes: 
Attending: 


Props and Announcements

  • Roger did the meeting note last week.


Past Week's Events

  • Arduino keyboard workshop: 8 people signed up in advance, 2 showed up without signing up, needed to use bread board from a new Arduino kit. returned new ones back afterwards.

Coming Week's Events and Workshops

  • DIY robot - sunday19th 1.30 to 4 pm
  • Helicopter simulator saturday 18th - 1 to 5 ok
  • 25th of june Roger aquaponic


Later Workshops

  • Arduino Workshop: Targeting mid-June by Eduardo
    • 2 part workshop
  • Aquaponics Workshop by Roger
    • 25th of june
  • 3D modeling by amanda
    • july the second. software, fusion360, manifactuing and industrial design
  • DIY PCB Design by Paul
    • July 9-10, write up by Paul
  • Workshop with xinchejian and xinfab. KIDS MAKER EDUCATION
    • mid august for 40 kids total, 2 groups
    • august, 16 and 17th tuesday and wednesday, wednesday to xinfab


Budget

  • KEVIN to update
    • kevin is away


XinCheJian Internship

  • Recruited 4 in total so far, ready to start in mid/end of June
    • One coming tomorrow


XCJ WiFi

  • Chris reports that China Unicom is offering 60 mbit line for 480 RMB/month
    • New P2 internet is OK, so Wifi issue is resolved for now
    • on hold for now until we get sponsors


Wednesday Open Night

HOST: CHRIS

  • PRESENTERS: Rocket, makers and eco friendly
  • PRESENTERS: Mattieu, make a film in one month
  • PRESENTERS: Teacher Huang


Membership Have Dropped Off

  • Roger suggests being a Nazi about checking if current members have paid their dues
    • Chris says that the space is active enough, but there is a money issue from the low amount of membership fees collected every month
    • less people coming. more membership cost to raise? more sponsors needed?


XCJ Trademark

  • Chris and Paul to print and stamp documents after today's meeting
    • Paul just do it. Make Edward do it. Or Mika.


Sponsorships

  • PAUL to ask MIKA about Alibaba. PAUL TO UPDATE


Sponsorships updates:

  • Google: Not yet
  • iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
  • Mini:Mini dead.
  • Amanda to work on sponsorhsips. Panasonic lead.
  • Foxxcon: Meeting in person in July, Paul gonna do it. Investment an something. Reached out to us the were in a tour.
  • Huawei lead
  • TO DO: What we did with the money for next sponsors.


CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below:

  • Check google docs for XCJ 2015 Events for retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments
    • Chris to add Wan Gang & mayor of shanghai photos to google doc -DONE
    • CHRIS to contact Amanda about Metro TV pics/vids - TO DO
    • ANDI to send video link to Chris to add to google doc - DONE


2016 Plan

Goals for 2016

  • What did we do in 2015
  • Documenting ongoing projects
    • Chris - some event once a year
    • Chris - invite other hacker spaces to shanghai
    • Kevin - training people about hackerspaces??
    • Paul - one big party
    • Chris - bring everyone together to work on something.
  • We are going to tie up this event to maker carnival.
  • KEY NEED: SPONSORSHIP
  • DOCUMENT PROJECTS -- CHRIS

Hackerspace Convention

  • CHRIS proposes Hackerspace Convention for sharing best practices, building community of hackerspaces in China
    • PAUL to follow-up with David for hackerspace contacts
    • Amanda and Paul to follow up making a list of contacts.
    • China makerspace alliance
    • PAUL TO PRESNET OUTCOMES AND LIST BY 28th


Friends of Xinchejian

  • PAUL to provide feedback/assistance
    • he did not do it
  • Also need to assemble list of friends (businesses/corporations)
    • also didnt do it
  • PAUL suggests looking through email list for business/corporation domains, CHRIS suggests looking at sponsors for events such as Maker Faire/Fail Faster for potential email targets
    • CHRIS GONNA DO HER PART


FINANCES

  • Rent paid until end of June.
  • New change from government affecting P2. From 7% to 11% on invoices for rent / property (VAT).
  • 7 months PURE BURN
    • This is the last 6 months we can pay, then Paul is out
    • More workshops
  • Could not do lump payment
  • NEED SPONSORS (3 SPONSORS to survive another 2 years (estimate))


Labeling equipment

  • Labeling the equipment that are our own with our stickers APPROVED/TODO
  • Xinchejian: Stickers -- ANDREA to make stickers
    • Budget 400 RMB.. andi!!!! update!
    • ANDI TO DO THIS NOW
    • ANDI TO DO THIS FOUR WEEKS AGO...and counting


Space usage/large projects

  • PROPOSAL:
    • Have a Contract for x months / project page
    • Require documentation on XinCheJian Wiki
    • Update project room rules
    • create application form
    • APPROVED BY STAFF
    • GOES IN THE CHANGELOG / BYLSAWs
    • PAUL TO DRAFT SPACE USAGE AGREEMENT before next staff meeting.
    • PAUL PAUL PAUL WHERE IS THIS?
    • paul did not do it. Paul to present it on the 28 when he is back


Staff Roles


Xinchejian Rules Changelog

Rules Changes: rules_changelog


Box Management

  • CHRIS to check who has paid for boxes, those that are not paid for will be opened and claimed after 2 weeks (announce ultimatum at Wednesday night, wechat groups, etc)



Xinfab-Xinchejian Relations


Injuries in the space

  • Sean was boiling bismuth and after accidentally adding water, Chris was injured by splashing molten metal
  • Paul is concerned that the incident could have been far more serious and violates one of the fundamental principles of the space (do no harm)
    • ROGER and PAUL to talk to Sean about the incident, 1 month ban punishment
    • sean acknowledge being reckless, and should have invited people to wear glasses. Wanted to run a workshop but now dont. He suggests not to run this activities like this any more inside the space. Or to do this in a safe room.
    • chris, wednesday presentation - he did it

OPTIONS:

      • sean write the rules, and stuck on the membership box and on the door. make the member sign the thing
      • sean to do a presentation of what he did wrong in order to tell people what not to do at the space.
      • 1 month ban
      • seek permission for experiments before.
      • ask him to make a safety presentation to each new member for a month.
      • sean to open and close and maintain the space for the 3 weeks that chris is away

SAFETY AT THE SPACE

    • no chemicals, no gasses, no radioactive materials, no fires.


ROOM ISSUE - HELICOPTER SIMULATOR

  • been in the room forever, removing it? how long can he stay?
  • Application process - AMANDA to deal with it. Proposal method and scheduling for the room.
  • chris to give heads up to kin.
    • one month left for kin starting from when we have the scheduling in place.


Haier refrigerator/beef aging system

  • ROGER proposes hosting his project for beef aging system
    • ANDI says it would be OK if XCJ could keep the fridge and as long as it can take up the space that the urban farming area currently takes up, ROGER to follow-up with Haier to see if XCJ could keep the fridge
    • APPROVED: No more space used than currently used. we keep the fridge.

MEETUPS

  • no more meetups
    • let's think about which meetups
    • Roger to do a urban farming meetup once a week for month, starting next week.
    • amplifier meetup from amanda, starting july

summer workshops at hardwired

  • amanda to gives 40% of the fee to xinchejian if we bring members to them
  • workshops costs costs 2-3000rmb each and run for a week.
  • arduino processing workshops go very well.
  • they can pay directly Chris so we can keep truck of it
  • do we do it.

CHRIS GONE

  • 3weeks leave starting from 18th june.
  • she will know 10th.
  • colorado, then end of june in california