Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-05-24

From XinCheJian
Jump to: navigation, search
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-05-24, 20:40 to 
Staff: Roger, Kevin, Adnrea
Notes: 
Attending: Eduardo


Props and Announcements

  • Friday Night Cleanup - 20 May -- SUCCESS
    • Alex, Eduardo, Andrea, Robin, Jennifer, and a few others.


Past Week's Events

  • Autodesk Kids Workshop: 2D Design - Video
    • Showed them projects (metro taxi, others)
    • Who was there? Was this free?


Coming Week's Events and Workshops

  • Safety workshop free every Thursday - need to signup via Chris


Later Workshops

  • Arduino Workshop: Targeting mid-June by Eduardo
    • 2 part workshop
  • Machine Room Safety Workshop by Xinfab and Chris.
    • Safety Presentation - ANDI -- Searching now


XinCheJian Internship

  • RICKY TO UPDATE
  • CHRIS TO UPDATE
  • Interns that are graduating want to come to China and work on Z-Visa (??)
    • Graduates from Chinese universities (especially foreigners, technical)
    • International high school interns (SMIC) - summers & weekends; good to frame it as a view to get in a good university
    • Already two interns, one more in June.
    • Chris needs help setting up goals and structure.


XCJ WiFi

  • RICKY TO UPDATE
  • EDUARDO TO ASK BRANDON
  • RICKY is going to buy a new router (AC68U) on Taobao
    • Ricky to use XCJ business name on invoice.


  • CHRIS TO UPDATE
    • Do we want to set up our own line?
    • Need to do a cost analysis
    • KEVIN to ask co-founder
    • CHRIS to also research
      • China telecom business line 10mbit



Wednesday Open Night

HOST: ?? CHRIS ?? PAUL as backup.

  • PRESENTERS: ??
  • PRESENTERS: ??
  • PRESENTERS: ??


YOMO Conference (Young Mobile)

  • Alec and Eduardo to do paid workshops
  • Eduardo to update on details
  • Xinchejian nothing to do


Membership Have Dropped Off

  • Memberships have dropped in the last 2 months
  • DISCUSSION NEEDED (SOLUTIONS NEEDED)


Future of HAL

BRANDON is donating a new machine. But not as cool.

  • The new name is GERTY
  • EDUARDO to follow up with BRANDON



Expanding the Staff

  • Eduardo is volunteering to join (nominated by Roger due to effort making the food)
    • PROPOSED: two months probation as staff member
    • 3 May 2016 Start!
  • EDUARDO would like to host!

Budget

  • P&L, still slight profit/loss, still not stable revenues, postponed to April
    • Sit down with Kevin, Chris and Paul to go through the P&L
    • KEVIN to meet with CHRIS


XCJ Trademark

  • PAUL: Waiting on Paul. Paul print, sign and chop! (SEVEN weeks not done in a row)
  • PAUL PAUL PAUL PAUL


Sponsorships

  • PAUL to ask MIKA about Alibaba. PAUL TO UPDATE

Sponsorships updates:

  • Google: ANDI: Update? potential lead at Google, no pitch yet (cheap-mobile-for-India guy that is very keen to help hackerspaces) NO NEWS
  • iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
  • Mini: ROGER to make the pitch MINI.


CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below:

  • Staff to come up with retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments
    • update events
    • new goals
    • media updates/coverage
      • Wan Gang & mayor of shanghai
  • Metro TV
  • MIN LIN - MIN LIN to follow up.


2016 Strategy

Goals for 2016

  • What did we do in 2015
  • Documenting ongoing projects
    • Chris - some event once a year
    • Chris - invite other hacker spaces to shanghai
    • Kevin - training people about hackerspaces??
    • Paul - one big party
    • Chris - bring everyone together to work on something.
  • KEY NEED: SPONSORSHIP
  • DOCUMENT PROJECTS -- CHRIS


Friends of Xinchejian

  • PROVIDE FEEDBACK to EDUARDO - REQUIRED
  • Also need to assemble list of friends
  • Mailchimp -- Client list.


Website - Wordpress

  • EDUARDO - Divi Template?


FINANCES

  • Rent paid until end of June.
  • New change from government affecting P2. From 7% to 11% on invoices for rent / property (VAT).
  • 7 months PURE BURN
  • Could not do lump payment
  • NEED SPONSORS (3 SPONSORS to survive another 2 years (estimate))


Labeling equipment

  • Labeling the equipment that are our own with our stickers APPROVED/TODO
  • Xinchejian: Stickers -- ANDREA to make stickers
    • Budget 400 RMB.. andi!!!! update!
    • ANDI TO DO THIS NOW


Space usage/large projects

  • PROPOSAL:
    • Have a Contract for x months / project page
    • Require documentation on XinCheJian Wiki
    • Update project room rules
    • create application form
    • APPROVED BY STAFF
    • GOES IN THE CHANGELOG / BYLSAWs
    • PAUL TO DRAFT SPACE USAGE AGREEMENT before next staff meeting.
    • PAUL PAUL PAUL WHERE IS THIS?


Staff Roles


Xinchejian Rules Changelog

Rules Changes: rules_changelog


Box Management

  • Proposal for box management
  • Need to organize our thoughts and reply by next week.
  • CHRIS TO UPDATE?


Xinchejian and Xinfab

Incident Report

  • There was confusion about the ownership of some of the equipment, notably the laser cutter.
  • The confusion led to heated discussions with Chris and Lucio

Xinfab-Xinchejian Relations

IMPERATIVE: Need to document this better.



Old Notes

  • Techyizu: Designing Shanghai: Saturday, 25 June
  • CES Shanghai - Not that interesting.