Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-11-01
Staff Meeting Notes 2016-10-25, 19:45-20:30 Staff: Ricky, Chris, Paul, Eduardo Notes: Ricky
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Wednesday Open Night
- 5 Workshops
- 6 Sponsorships
- 7 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 8 Space Safety (7 weeks no incidents)
- 9 Xinfab-Xinchejian Relations
- 10 XinCheJian Kids Club
- 11 Xinchejian Cleanup
- 12 XinCheJian Online Shop shop.xinchejian.com
Props and Announcements
- Mike Liao donated bunch of stuff to XCJ, including old DVD player, a remote and some boxes.
- XCJ gave these stuff away to our active members. One member paid membership just for these stuff.
- Biolab meetup happened (17 persons registered, about 7 persons showed up)
- Biolab meetup
- Solidworks workshop
- Drone workshop nobody signed up (maybe people that wanted a drone built one already?)
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- Robot arm - Series, will happen in this weekend, 4 people signed up. 980 rmb for two days, plus the kit.
- Jonathan: Python workshop preparing
- NYU student: Matlab next Sunday, November 13th (nobody signed up, licenses provided by NYU) - Octave?
- Eduardo smart watch workshop (350 RMB for buying the watch)
- Henry: Friday night robot meetup, stats from next week
- Coderbunker/XinCheJian: Unity / Robot integration workshop
- Shanghai Barcamp: November 5th: VR focused
- TBD: Follow up PCB workshop by Paul
- Kin's CNC workshop
Wednesday Open Night
- Spencer: recent projects and handyman stuff.
Includes discussion and photos of similar groups that are...
1. a LOT like hackerspaces - people making stuff 2. Serious money & tool magnets ......big $ and LOTs tools!!!!
... and there 930+ of these in Australia each with 10 to 50+ members and starting to grow worldwide!
- William: some cool projects happened in his hackerspace in U.S.
- Henry: Exoskeleton body armor
- Teacher Huang
- Alipay name is wrong on Huodongxing, so account can't be transferred. Talked to their employee there, she asked us to send the email to their service. Haven't gotten reply yet.
- 2 months+ pending issue
CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below: (7 weeks late)
- history timeline from the beginning (nothing from Ricky)
- Brainstorming about sponsor pitch
- Coca-Cola event proposals
- Sponsorship brainstorming
- XinCheJian at Crystal Galleria
- Pay Chris for the organization
- May sponsor us, allow us to put posters
- Get 15% from the projects there for referral
- Do more outreach to people that don't about XinCheJian
- Need more articles: That's Shanghai, City Weekend
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
Space Safety (7 weeks no incidents)
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
- Enforce safety workshop usage
- Ban for people that present a risk as collectively assessed
Physical security also include making sure we don't get things stolen
- workshops are 50% / 50% split of workshop
- lasercutter is broken (acrylic caught on fire, belt is burned)
- belt sander is broken (belt needs to be changed)
XinCheJian Kids Club
- make a decision internally before the end of November
- Teach more kids
- ROGER gives Freda the template.
- from 5 years old to 16 years old (afterschool)
- Chris is to help with budgeting
KEVIN to send the notes for the governance issue
Planned date: Sunday November 13th!!
whenever Sunday available for cleanup (we have a XinCleanJian)
- One centralized location for packages
- Set a date to make a seasonal cleanup
- Buy a big trash can
- Set simple rules parameters
- floor, tables, chairs, workstations must be cleared
- putting the chairs up to ceiling?
XinCheJian Online Shop shop.xinchejian.com
Proposal: online shop full of cool ideas
- From makers to makers
- Projects BY members (XinCheJian Members)
- Need to have a profile
- Disclaimer: project are not owned by XinCheJian, projects are by members
- Customized logo "XinCheJian Member" (Andi)
- Use the wiki: shop.xinchejian.com
- Physical store: use the shelves (demo product + profile)