Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-09-27
Staff Meeting Notes 2016-09-27, 20:14-21:00 Staff: Paul, Roger, Freda, Ricky, Spencer Notes: Ricky Lio visiting Eduardo on vacation with parents until September 24th
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Later Workshops
- 5 Wednesday Open Night
- 6 Workshops
- 7 XCJ Trademark
- 8 Sponsorships
- 9 Hackerspace Convention
- 10 Maker Carnival
- 11 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 12 Space Safety
- 13 Xinfab-Xinchejian Relations
- 14 Coca-Cola event proposals
- 15 Sponsorship brainstorming
- 16 Freda's XinCheJian Kids Club
- 17 Amanda Retired Staff
Props and Announcements
- Roger did a workshop.
- Precious plastic pictures.
- Roger workshop
- Sep 24th - 25th: helicopter workshop (1 person study, 1 flying the real helicopter)
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 3D modeling
- router with VPN
- Shanghai Barcamp: November 5th
- November 12th: Follow up PCB workshop by Paul
- October 1st to 7th is vacation again
- ??: Router with VPN by James
- ??: XinCheJian/XinFab Maciej workshop 1/3 split between XCJ, XinFab, Maciej
Wednesday Open Night
- Robot arm
- 3D printing pen
- Teacher Huang
- ASKED Amanda hasn't transferred the account, still waiting on Amanda to transfer the account, 5 workshops money pending (3 weeks late)
- Ask for more workshops in the space from the members and schedule them on calendar. Ask them on WeChat group!
- all pretty busy this week
- ASKED Amanda to give Chris the trademark person (3 weeks late)
- hasn't done it yet
- Nelson designed by Nelson, refined by Paul
- 新车间 (too common, dictionary word)
- Agent said the some company has similar logos already
- But we say that we need to push him and also get the feedback from them.
- Ardublock is not registered: mention to David & Heqichen
- A: try to do the registration (VOTED)
- B: redesign logo
- C: drop the logo
Amanda to create group WeChat and Chris with Agent
- Coca-Cola (Eduardo)
- Coca-Cola Corporate
- PreciousPlastics: waiting for research lab (holiday)
- XinCheJian: innovation session
- XinCheJian: logos
- Coca-Cola Holding (bottling)
- innovation session for 3d printing
- four experts from XinCheJian have made the team: (Alex/Gambit/2d notice, Alec/Design thinking)
- renting the space (4 hours), daytime (gravy): 25K for XinCheJian space + instructors fee
- Coca-Cola Corporate
- Huawei lead, Sonos, Coolpad (Nelson)
- iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
- TO DO: What we did with the money for next sponsors.
CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below: (6 weeks late)
- history timeline from the beginning (model from Ricky)
- Brainstorming about sponsor pitch
- Maker Carnival suggests to do it at their spot for free. Means more people will show up. Should we?
- They have a section called hack trip to China includes some of our speakers. They want to use our translation.
- How should we talk to Bob?
- In P2 decided, Paul can deliver a speech about XinCheJIan.
- Organizer only offers one booth for free, Chris applied three and waiting for response.
- Do we put the helicopter simulator at the booth? NO
- We need to pay for the transportation which is 3200 to go and come back. Last year was 800 around. Freda said we can ask around.
- Who will come to assist this year? Last year, Lio, Andi, Roger. Props to them!
- Paul Sunday could potentially volunteer.
- Roger will bring his project.
- Spencer volunteered!!
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
- Enforce safety workshop usage
- Ban for people that present a risk as collectively assessed
Coca-Cola event proposals
- PreciousPlastic to be funded (they already have a budget they'd like to cover)
- XinCheJian to get additional funds either directly or through well-funded corporate workshops around projects like PreciousPlastic
- Always consider resources costs when offering Coca-Cola as XinCheJian (better to commit members first, offer what they already work on)
- XinCheJian has well defined sponsorships levels and rules
- XinCheJian is a community, a platform: we don't own members projects so we can't act as gatekeepers
- Encouraged to include XinCheJian members proposals next to Xinchejian standard sponsorship options
- Explore promote engineering from Coca-Cola (material science, basic research, drinks research)
- XinCheJian space logo proposal: standard 1 year -> 100K (sell the ability for the community to come up with cool projects like PreciousPlastic)
- Diana wants less of a marketing campaign and more an actual engineering solution that makes sense ecologically (taking into account energy use)
- For marketing, may be referred to the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
- Eduardo: 3d innovation session with bottlers
- had meeting with members
- proposal by email
- sent the price
- Eduardo: mostly all on holidays, no follow up
Freda's XinCheJian Kids Club
- Teach more kids
- ROGER gives Freda the template.
- from 5 years old to 16 years old (afterschool)
- Chris is to help with budgeting
Amanda Retired Staff
- Amanda needs to give huodongxing and payment email (3 weeks late)