Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-09-13
Staff Meeting Notes 2016-09-13, 16:45-17:30 Staff: Freda, Ricky, Chris Notes: Ricky Eduardo on vacation with parents until September 24th Paul couldn't come to this meeting
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Later Workshops
- 5 Wednesday Open Night
- 6 Workshops
- 7 XCJ Trademark
- 8 Sponsorships
- 9 Hackerspace Convention
- 10 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 11 Space Safety
- 12 Equipment Maintenance?
- 13 Xinfab-Xinchejian Relations
- 14 Coca-Cola event proposals
- 15 Sponsorship brainstorming
- 16 Freda's XinCheJian Kids Club
- 17 Amanda Retired Staff
Props and Announcements
- Ricky for managing the new intern
- Sean bought an oscilloscope
- Kurt for labeling the machines in XinFab
- Props to Freda for setting up Alipay payment, communicating with Amanda
- Sep 10th: IoT in XinCheJian (Saturday the 10th, 14h-18h); visiting hacker Michael
- Successfully hosted IoT workshop (American-German, in Chinese): good feedback, but too basic
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- Sep 25th: hydroponics (Roger)
- Sep 24th - 25th: helicopter workshop
- Shanghai Barcamp: November 5th
- ??: Following PCB workshop by Paul
- ??: Router with VPN by James
- ??: XinCheJian/XinFab Maciej workshop 1/3 split between XCJ, XinFab, Maciej
Wednesday Open Night
- VR theme night
- Freda & Painting
- Lee: intro from zero to VR
- + two more people?
- Payment for workshop: using Huodongxing: 3% (actually 2% transaction, plus WeChat transaction 1%) = 3%
- Amanda hasn't transferred the account, still waiting on Amanda to transfer the account, 5 workshops money pending
- Ask for more workshops in the space from the members and schedule them on calendar. Ask them on WeChat group!
- all pretty busy this week
- ASKED Amanda to give Chris the trademark person
- hasn't done it yet
- Nelson designed by Nelson, refined by Paul
- 新车间 (too common, dictionary word)
- Agent said the some company has similar logos already
- But we say that we need to push him and also get the feedback from them.
- Ardublock is not registered: mention to David & Heqichen
- A: try to do the registration (VOTED)
- B: redesign logo
- C: drop the logo
Amanda to create group WeChat and Chris with Agent
- Bosch (Kevin): still no follow up, probably (probably pricing, wants free)
- Coca-Cola (Eduardo)
- Coca-Cola Corporate
- PreciousPlastics: waiting for research lab (holiday)
- XinCheJian: innovation session
- XinCheJian: logos
- Coca-Cola Holding (bottling)
- innovation session for 3d printing
- four experts from XinCheJian have made the team: (Alex/Gambit/2d notice, Alec/Design thinking)
- renting the space (4 hours), daytime (gravy): 25K for XinCheJian space + instructors fee
- Coca-Cola Corporate
- Huawei lead, Sonos, Coolpad (Nelson)
- iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
- TO DO: What we did with the money for next sponsors.
CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below: (5 weeks late)
- history timeline from the beginning (model from Ricky)
- Brainstorming about sponsor pitch
- Chris proposes Hackerspace Convention for sharing best practices, building community of hackerspaces in China (October 15th)
- confirming with Mushroom Cloud to see if Makers Carnival can allocate time for the event
- shared Google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oKE2zD_xjWKqEMsonR1IDLFbR85cq03OIjUR2kHGyiw/edit?ts=57a0a432
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
TODO: clear out alleys of objects that people could trip on
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
- Enforce safety workshop usage
- Ban for people that present a risk as collectively assessed
Post request in WeChat group to pay careful attention to anything dangerous in the space.
- Transformer for big TV busted. Who broke it? They should pay for it.
- We can replace them? But what is the bottom line?
- Intern project to put a slideshow on the TV
- Chris labeled the big machines there.
- Inventory of the things that are XinCheJian (stickers from Andi), especially big parts like 3d printers (15K of equipment depreciated)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coca-Cola event proposals
- PreciousPlastic to be funded (they already have a budget they'd like to cover)
- XinCheJian to get additional funds either directly or through well-funded corporate workshops around projects like PreciousPlastic
- Always consider resources costs when offering Coca-Cola as XinCheJian (better to commit members first, offer what they already work on)
- XinCheJian has well defined sponsorships levels and rules
- XinCheJian is a community, a platform: we don't own members projects so we can't act as gatekeepers
- Encouraged to include XinCheJian members proposals next to Xinchejian standard sponsorship options
- Explore promote engineering from Coca-Cola (material science, basic research, drinks research)
- XinCheJian space logo proposal: standard 1 year -> 100K (sell the ability for the community to come up with cool projects like PreciousPlastic)
- Diana wants less of a marketing campaign and more an actual engineering solution that makes sense ecologically (taking into account energy use)
- For marketing, may be referred to the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
- Eduardo: 3d innovation session with bottlers
- had meeting with members
- proposal by email
- sent the price
- Eduardo: mostly all on holidays, no follow up
Freda's XinCheJian Kids Club
- Teach more kids
- ROGER gives Freda the template.
- from 5 years old to 16 years old (afterschool)
- Chris is to help with budgeting
Amanda Retired Staff
- Amanda needs to give huodongxing and payment email (2 weeks late)