Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-09-06
Staff Meeting Notes 2016-09-06, 20h00 to 21h30 Staff: Paul, Ricky, Chris, Roger, Kevin, Freda Notes: Chris Eduardo on vacation with parents until September 24th
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Later Workshops
- 5 Wednesday Open Night
- 6 Workshops
- 7 XCJ Trademark
- 8 Sponsorships
- 9 Hackerspace Convention
- 10 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 11 Space Safety
- 12 Equipment Maintenance?
- 13 Xinfab-Xinchejian Relations
- 14 Coca-Cola event proposals
- 15 Sponsorship brainstorming
- 16 Freda's XinCheJian Kids Club
- 17 Amanda Retired Staff
Props and Announcements
- Props to Ricky for getting a new intern, Kurt. He has EE background.
- Chris labeled machines in the tool room.
- VR workshop, 2 people signed up.
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- Sep 10th: IoT in XinCheJian (Saturday the 10th, 14h-18h); visiting hacker Michael
- Sep 25th: hydroponics (Roger)
- Sep 24th - 25th: helicopter workshop
- ??: Following PCB workshop by Paul
- ??: Router with VPN by James
Wednesday Open Night
- Urban Farming Theme Night
- Urban Farming and Education
- Greg & Mike: Urban Farming
- Payment for workshop:
- Huodongxing: 3% (actually 2% transaction, plus WeChat transaction 1%) = 3%
- WePay? Official account needed, input numbers for corporate company (Chris to look into it)
- Ask for more workshops in the space from the members and schedule them on calendar. Ask them on WeChat group!
- 80% of the revenues for the workshop from the space
- Asked Amanda to give Chris the trademark person.
- Nelson designed by Nelson, refined by Paul
- 新车间 (too common, dictionary word)
- Agent said the some company has similar logos already
- But we say that we need to push him and also get the feedback from them.
- Ardublock is not registered: mention to David & Heqichen
- A: try to do the registration (VOTED)
- B: redesign logo
- C: drop the logo
Amanda to create group WeChat and Chris with Agent
- Bosch (Kevin): still no follow up, probably (probably pricing, wants free)
- Coca-Cola (Eduardo)
- Coca-Cola Corporate
- PreciousPlastics: waiting for research lab (holiday)
- XinCheJian: innovation session
- XinCheJian: logos
- Coca-Cola Holding (bottling)
- innovation session for 3d printing
- four experts from XinCheJian have made the team: (Alex/Gambit/2d notice, Alec/Design thinking)
- renting the space (4 hours), daytime (gravy): 25K for XinCheJian space + instructors fee
- Coca-Cola Corporate
- Huawei lead, Sonos, Coolpad (Nelson)
- iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
- TO DO: What we did with the money for next sponsors.
CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below: (4 weeks late)
- history timeline from the beginning (model from Ricky)
- Brainstorming about sponsor pitch
- Chris proposes Hackerspace Convention for sharing best practices, building community of hackerspaces in China (October 15th)
- shared Google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oKE2zD_xjWKqEMsonR1IDLFbR85cq03OIjUR2kHGyiw/edit?ts=57a0a432
- wrote goals, created slides, ask Mushroom Cloud to provide room, joint event with XinCheJian
- direct Mushroom Cloud to do the legwork
- checked with Mitch Altman, he's in
- Ask people to sign up.
- Next step, send out social media promotion article.
- Shanghai Barcamp: November 5th
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
- Enforce safety workshop usage
- Ban for people that present a risk as collectively assessed
Post request in WeChat group to pay careful attention to anything dangerous in the space.
- buy a new one?
- repair shop estimate?
- Kin's CNC is broken and which part it is?
- Who broke it? Kin says not to worry, it was an accident.
- Repair it? Kin says he's building a new one
- Transformer for big TV busted. Who broke it? They should pay for it.
- We can replace them? But what is the bottom line?
- Chris labeled the big machines there.
- Inventory of the things that are XinCheJian (stickers from Andi), especially big parts like 3d printers (15K of equipment depreciated)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coca-Cola event proposals
- PreciousPlastic to be funded (they already have a budget they'd like to cover)
- XinCheJian to get additional funds either directly or through well-funded corporate workshops around projects like PreciousPlastic
- Always consider resources costs when offering Coca-Cola as XinCheJian (better to commit members first, offer what they already work on)
- XinCheJian has well defined sponsorships levels and rules
- XinCheJian is a community, a platform: we don't own members projects so we can't act as gatekeepers
- Encouraged to include XinCheJian members proposals next to Xinchejian standard sponsorship options
- Explore promote engineering from Coca-Cola (material science, basic research, drinks research)
- XinCheJian space logo proposal: standard 1 year -> 100K (sell the ability for the community to come up with cool projects like PreciousPlastic)
- Diana wants less of a marketing campaign and more an actual engineering solution that makes sense ecologically (taking into account energy use)
- For marketing, may be referred to the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
- Eduardo: 3d innovation session with bottlers
- had meeting with members
- proposal by email
- sent the price
- Eduardo: mostly all on holidays, no follow up
Freda's XinCheJian Kids Club
- Teach more kids
- Roger gives Freda the template.
- to learn how to use machine
- learn how to use electronics
- XinCheJian Taobao (selling kits for kids)
- paying workshops (150RMB to 300 RMB for 1 hour)
- first workshop: squishy circuits
- from 5 years old to 16 years old (afterschool)
- First workshop
- survey market & look at workshop
- how much does the instructor need to be compensated
- how much does the space cost? (profit to XinCheJian)
- how much are we selling it for?
Amanda Retired Staff
- Amanda needs to give huodongxing and payment email.