Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-08-16
Staff Meeting Notes 2016-08-16, 18:00 to 18:40 Staff: Eduardo, Chris, Freda, Ricky Notes: Ricky
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Later Workshops
- 5 Wednesday Open Night
- 6 Workshops
- 7 XCJ Trademark
- 8 Sponsorships
- 9 Hackerspace Convention
- 10 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 11 Space Safety
- 12 Project Room
- 13 Xinfab-Xinchejian Relations
- 14 Underneath table garbage
- 15 Coca-Cola proposal
- 16 Sponsorship brainstorming
Props and Announcements
- $$$ Summer Camp! $$$
- Summer Camp
- August 11th to 14th, Summer Camp for 17 kids
- August 15th to 16th, Summer Camp for 20 kids
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- August 17th to 20th, Summer Camp for Eduardo and Alec
Wednesday Open Night
- Kin's student: talking about the journey for helicopter flight
- Wang Hai Ho: Water purifier
- Rocket: Maker Carnival
- Prof Huang
- Ask for more workshops in the space from the members and schedule them on calendar
- 80% of the revenues for the workshop from the space
- fill in September and October
- AMANDA to file the registration (not yet picked up, 3 weeks)
- Bosch (Kevin)
- wants to rent the space to host innovation UX workshop
- hosts 50 persons in XinCheJian with chairs a day
- 50K RMB a day, 100K RMB before (charged DHL before)
- Coca-Cola (Eduardo)
- to follow up with email
- Panasonic lead (Amanda): to work on sponsorships
- 50K / 100K sponsorship
- yes if we exchange media exposure, newspaper
- opening a new lab in Pudong to advertise - media exposure
- PR company? Eva @ Technode? Xinchejian.com?
- MakerCarnival with sponsors, present at events, more media exposure (gold sponsorship level)
- Huawei lead, Sonos, Coolpad (Nelson)
- iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
- TO DO: What we did with the money for next sponsors.
CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below: (4 weeks late)
- Everyone feedback on retrospective for XinCheJian for last year
- Check google docs for XCJ 2015 Events for retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments
- CHRIS to contact Amanda about Metro TV pics/vids - Amanda said we never had it.
- Brainstorming about sponsor pitch
- CHRIS proposes Hackerspace Convention for sharing best practices, building community of hackerspaces in China
- shared Google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oKE2zD_xjWKqEMsonR1IDLFbR85cq03OIjUR2kHGyiw/edit?ts=57a0a432
- on hold due to being busy organizing workshops
- slow progress, preparing WeChat publication
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
Post request in WeChat group to pay careful attention to anything dangerous in the space.
- Chris: Paper and take picture and send them through email!
- TODO: We want the project in the room to be documented!
- TODO: waiting for the editing of video from Yu
- ShopVac: trash/recycle the parts - TODO for PreciousPlastic
- Trash from XinFab ends up at XinCheJian: OK, last option to decide
- No more calliper in XinCheJian? Wasn't one of those a donation from Michael?
- No more lasercutter/3d printing workshops as we don't think we're getting a fair deal
- Inventory of the things that are XinCheJian (stickers from Andi), especially big parts like 3d printers (15K of equipment depreciated)
Underneath table garbage
- TODO Chris & Eduardo: looking at it for solution, please advertise to WeChat group to find out who's equipment this is.
- PreciousPlastic to be funded (they already have a budget they'd like to cover)
- XinCheJian to get additional funds either directly or through well-funded corporate workshops around projects like PreciousPlastic
- Always consider resources costs when offering Coca-Cola as XinCheJian (better to commit members first, offer what they already work on)
- XinCheJian has well defined sponsorships levels and rules
- XinCheJian is a community, a platform: we don't own members projects so we can't act as gatekeepers
- Encouraged to include XinCheJian members proposals next to Xinchejian standard sponsorship options
- Explore promote engineering from Coca-Cola (material science, basic research, drinks research)
- XinCheJian space logo proposal: standard 1 year -> 100K (sell the ability for the community to come up with cool projects like PreciousPlastic)
- Diana wants less of a marketing campaign and more an actual engineering solution that makes sense ecologically (taking into account energy use)
- For marketing, may be referred to the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
Need to send a follow up email:
- different sponsorships options above
- PreciousPlastic budget & proposal: "how do I eat it?"
- Commit to participate to exhibitions
- Forward information about the media coverage
- Forward information about past exhibition statistics