Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-08-09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2016-08-09, 20:00 to 21:30 Staff: Ricky, Roger, Chris, Paul, Guests: Lio Notes: Ricky
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Later Workshops
- 5 Wednesday Open Night
- 6 Workshops
- 7 XCJ Trademark
- 8 Sponsorships
- 9 Hackerspace Convention
- 10 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 11 Box Management
- 12 Space Safety
- 13 Project Room
- 14 Robots competition
- 15 Xinfab-Xinchejian Relations
- 16 Coca-Cola proposal
- 17 Sponsorship brainstorming
Props and Announcements
- Paul hosted a workshop on PCB (11 persons)
- Rudi did workshop 4kids: DIY Radio Control Car Workshop August
- Lio is in Shanghai
- Paul hosted a workshop on PCB
- DIY Radio Control Car Workshop August
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- Summer Camp
- August 11th to 14th, Summer Camp for 17 kids
- August 15th to 16th, Summer Camp for 20 kids
- August 17th to 20th, Summer Camp for Eduardo and Alec
- POSTPONED: 3D modeling by Amanda: software, fusion360, manufacturing and industrial design
- POSTPONED: Rocket workshop about detecting water and air pollution
Wednesday Open Night
HOST: Chris & Lio & Ricky
- Girl Power: Precious Plastic Recycling Machine
- Yihui: magical mirror
- Lio: enuma.io (NFC card project)
- Eduardo: ?
- Teacher Huang: ?
- Venture group coming to XinCheJian (ask for sponsorship)
- CC will be there
- Ask for more workshops in the space from the members
- 80% of the revenues for the workshop from the space
- fill in September and October
- AMANDA to file the registration (not yet picked up, 2 weeks)
- Bosch (Kevin)
- wants to rent the space to host innovation UX workshop
- hosts 50 persons in XinCheJian with chairs a day
- 50K RMB a day, 100K RMB before (charged DHL before)
- Coca-Cola (Eduardo)
- Came last Wednesday, follow up on August 10th
- Coca-Cola AP CEO will come
- PreciousPlastic: Plastic recycling machine: linking sponsorship to recycling machine
- Coca-Cola/PreciousPlastic/XinCheJian: human resources, funding, how many units to build
- Projects came from the members, empowering girls
- Eduardo to share Google Docs
- Panasonic lead (Amanda): to work on sponsorships
- 50K / 100K sponsorship
- yes if we exchange media exposure, newspaper
- opening a new lab in Pudong to advertise - media exposure
- PR company? Eva @ Technode? Xinchejian.com?
- MakerCarnival with sponsors, present at events, more media exposure (gold sponsorship level)
- Huawei lead, Sonos, Coolpad (Nelson)
- iRobot: ANDI to follow up -- pitch in August. iRobot is setting up operations.
- TO DO: What we did with the money for next sponsors.
CHRIS & KEVIN to work on the below: (4 weeks late)
- Everyone feedback on retrospective for XinCheJian for last year
- Check google docs for XCJ 2015 Events for retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments
- CHRIS to contact Amanda about Metro TV pics/vids - Amanda said we never had it.
- Brainstorming about sponsor pitch
- CHRIS proposes Hackerspace Convention for sharing best practices, building community of hackerspaces in China
- shared Google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oKE2zD_xjWKqEMsonR1IDLFbR85cq03OIjUR2kHGyiw/edit?ts=57a0a432
- on hold due to being busy organizing workshops
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
- CHRIS to check who has paid for boxes, those that are not paid for will be opened and claimed after 2 weeks (announce ultimatum at Wednesday night, wechat groups, etc). Done!
- start renting boxes: if you want to store something, uses the boxes
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
Post request in WeChat group to pay careful attention to anything dangerous in the space.
- Chris: Paper and take picture and send them through email!
- Yu is going to follow up the document with Kin's project (video: 2 weeks late) - probably Wednesday
- Andi wants to call it project in residence
- We want the project in the room to be documented!
- No Update, waiting on contract proposal
- Chris should get paid for time spent of it
- Sponsorship of 10K RMB is for using logo, marketing channel and Chris time
- Suggests to take the lead for XinCheJian event
- Chris to ask them make the contract and get the feedback from staff members.
- ShopVac: trash/recycle the parts
- Trash from XinFab ends up at XinCheJian: OK, last option to decide
- No more calliper in XinCheJian? Wasn't one of those a donation from Michael?
- No more lasercutter/3d printing workshops as we don't think we're getting a fair deal
- Inventory of the things that are XinCheJian (stickers from Andi), especially big parts like 3d printers (15K of equipment depreciated)