Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-03-08
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-03-08, 20:40 to 22:00 Staff: Chris, Paul, Roger, Kevin Notes: Paul
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past Week's Events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops =
- 4 High school Hackathon Support
- 5 Summer Camp Promotion
- 6 FMB-Lite Robot Competition
- 7 Wednesday Night Live?
- 8 XCJ WiFi
- 9 Wednesday Open Night
- 10 Hackerspace Work
- 11 Problems this Week
- 12 TECH
- 13 LEGAL
- 14 FINANCE
- 15 Proposal TODO
Props and Announcements
Past Week's Events
- teacher huang - people had a good time, built remotes, wireless chargers, drones.
Coming Week's Events and Workshops =
- Game design - 13 March - 12 people now! woohoo, go kevin!
- How to Use Machine Room Workshop by Xinfab and Chris - Put off till April
- 3D Printer Workshop - 20 March Sun by Jason Nie - 2 days - zero signups
- Drone Workshop by Mushroom Cloud Hackerspace coach - Li
High school Hackathon Support
- Time: April 3rd
- Place: Fablab O Shanghai in Tongji University
- Organizer: TECHO MEDIA, ACTUAL SELF and POWERLIC
- It is the first hackathon for high school students in Shanghai.
- They hope that Xinchejian can grant them month-long memberships as the prizes for 5 outstanding contestants in the hackathon, in the wish to help them further explore this world of makers.
- In addition, they want to invite 1 or 2 makers from Xinchejian as the judge for the hackathon as well as the speaker representing XinCheJian.
- XinCheJian to sponsor 5x 1 month memberships - to give a start date or expiry date
- Chris to Judge
Summer Camp Promotion
- Organizer: Fablab O Shanghai in Tongji University
- Fablab O is organizing a summer camp to send teenager makers to the U.S. , they want us to help them recruit attendees.
- XCJ benefits: acquire 1200 RMB for per attendees, after the summer camp, they'll give 2400 RMB more.
- XinCheJian to not be involved with this as it seems business orientated.
FMB-Lite Robot Competition
- Tech support: give advice to competitors about their projects. Budget: 5000 RMB.
- possible if we find someone to handle it
- Competition rules making and editing. Budget: 3000 RMB.
- possible if we find someone, will involve meeting the organisers
- Come up with other creative plan and execute it. Budget: 20,000 RMB.
- no nonononono
Wednesday Night Live?
- Our Spanish member - Eduardo would like to put XinCheJian open night on Youtube, so people from different country can watch it.
- It'll be on his personal Youtube account.
- to follow up: Would be great if it was uploaded under xinchejian account, can give access to xinchejian to him and full credit no problem, just it goes into history or xinchejian.
- CC-BY-SA license to XinCheJian
- Do we need to buy a new router?
- RICKY to choose and buy!
- ricky.. where is it.
Wednesday Open Night
- Host (Chinese/English): Chris
- Announcement: Chris (newsletter), Chris (WeChat)
- Automato: Politics of Power
- Qian Feng: family thermostatic system
- Teacher Huang: Physics demo
- Frog never asked for anything before, and this is an example of how we're hoping to treat future sponsors.
- STAFF approved
Future of HAL
- PAUL to talk to LIO
- Decide next step
- Researching open source solution
- Need a DVD
- Fix hal with Lio remote support (attempted, failed, new DVD coming); Lio doesn't have an update yet
- Kevin not heard from DFROBOT. KEVIN to ask again.
- Kevin update: "We already have the machine in office and under test, working on what products to put in it, you'll have it soon, xcj to take 40%"
Problems this Week
- IT: Ricky Ng-Adam, Paul Adams
- SPONSORSHIP (Partnerships, Cooperations, Sponsorships): Kevin Chen
- CORPORATE WORKSHOPS: Min Lin Hsieh
- VISUAL, Pictures, XinConnect - Andrea Carlon
- PARTY & BBQ: Roger Mu
- MACHINES AND PARTS: Paul Adams
- FINANCE: Treasury
- MEMBERSHIPS: Manage memberships,
- MARKETING: Communications, PR
- SPACE ORGANIZATION: Machines and parts, space itself
- INTERNAL EVENTS / WORKSHOPS: Events and Workshops
- Everyone works with Space Manager
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Xinchejian Anniversary Party Birthday #5? - March 26
- ROGER to organize
- Budget - 2500 RMB
- Theme -
- Level 1: "Get people drunk"
- Level 2: Roger to present this next week
- update: 2555rmb updated cost
- no cakee
- roger to keep it under 2500
Barcamp, March 26
- XCJ to promote in newsletter and wechat
Group Picture of Staff
- Do it XinCheJian anniversary party (March 26)
- ANDREA must do it. Will bring lighting.
- PAUL to get the oven back from Amanda for next week
- Amanda agreed
Wiki Staff Profiles
Required profile page on wiki for all staff.
- Personal Picture
- Personal Intro
- Example: Lio Lunesu, Ricky Ng-Adam
- ALL STAFF TO CREATE THIS NOW!
- Andrea Carlon
- Roger Mu
- Paul Adams
- Chris Zhang
XinFab - Relationship
- Nothing to talk about it
- Yuruki - Trained by Paul (props to Paul)
- Concerned about their maintenance
- XinConnect is live! Still a few graphical stuff to fix but is functional.
- http://xinconnect.xinchejian.com - New Xinconnect platform thingy.
- Just use it, and experiment.
- xinconnect.xinchejian.com does not work yet!!!!!!
- PAUL: Waiting on Paul. Paul print, sign and chop! (four weeks not done in a row)
- Google: ANDI: Update? potential lead at Google, no pitch yet (cheap-mobile-for-India guy that is very keen to help hackerspaces)
- Microsoft: Lio is following up with Microsoft, guy is not getting back to him; follow up; follow follow up. Lio?
Chris & Kevin to work on the below:
- Staff to come up with retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments.
- update events
- new goals
- media updates/coverage
- Wan Gang & mayor of shanghai
- goals for 2016
- what did we do for the money we raised.
- on going projects
- Chris - some event once a year
- Chris - invite other hacker spaces to shanghai
- Kevin - training people about hackerspaces
- Paul - one big party
- Chris - bring everyone together to work on something.
- Communication plan - APPROVED/TODO
- mucho confusion outside XCJ about roles and history of XinCheJian
- who has which title (original founder, co-founders, stakeholders, staff, members employees) with titles and dates
- the right way to represent itself externally
- official index on wiki & blog post (Who's who)
- CHRIS - review of the website.
- Labeling the equipment that are our own with our stickers APPROVED/TODO
- Xinchejian: Stickers -- ANDREA to make stickers
- Budget 400 RMB
Talk about pricing.
- Ricky - "We want to create a environment to attract people to give workshops..."
- CHRIS - How to calculate
- PAUL - Google spreadsheet and share
- Making profit -- Should we expand the team?
- Teaching for workshops --
- ROGER: Security Guards are assholes - scooters not allowed to be parked inside, why the fuck?
- ROGER: What the fuck, What the fuck, What the fuck!
- ROGER: Scooter is part of my project, WHAT THE FUCK!!
- CHRIS: no one in P2 is allowed to bring the scooter in (mini)
- ROGER: why are others allowed but not P2 people?
- Action: Kevin to talk to mini