Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-03-01
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-03-01, 20:40 to 22:00 Staff: Chris, Andi, Paul, Ricky, Freda, Roger, Kevin Notes: Kevin
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past Week's Events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops =
- 4 Hackathon Promotion?
- 5 FMB Robot Competition
- 6 XCJ WiFi
- 7 Wednesday Open Night
- 8 Hackerspace Work
- 9 Problems this Week
- 10 TECH
- 11 LEGAL
- 12 FINANCE
- 13 Proposal TODO
- 14 Proposal
Props and Announcements
- Chris! Thanks for sending the financial and stuff.
Past Week's Events
Coming Week's Events and Workshops =
- Wireless Charging Workshop by Teacher Huang - This 5 March Saturday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- How to Use Machine Room Workshop by Xinfab and Chris - 12 March
- 3D Printer Workshop - 20 March Sun by Jason Nie
- Drone Workshop by Mushroom Cloud Hackerspace coach -
- Organizer: Technode - Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC)
- Time: April 15th to 17th
- They want to put up a poster at XCJ, and want XCJ to do the social media promotion.
- CHRIS: To pitch to sponsorship.
- RICKY: To write a one page document!
FMB Robot Competition
- Organizer: Ji Zhan Investment
- Ji Zhan Investment is a startup. They want to co-organize a robot competition with XCJ. They want XCJ to do the social media promotion and help them make the competition rule.
- XCJ benefits: promotion, and money. Not sure how much. Their budget for the whole competition is 500.000, but said couldn't decide how much yet.
- Level 1. Marketing - Easy to do
- Level 2. Consulting - Possible
- Level 3. Organizing - Requires LOTS of money
All this depends on what they're thinking.
- Chris to get feedback tomorrow.
- Expectations: End of April. !?!
- Do we need to buy a new router?
- RICKY to choose and buy!
Wednesday Open Night
- Host (Chinese/English): Chris
- Announcement: Chris (newsletter), Chris (WeChat)
- GGUN：EXOSKELETON 纪纲：外骨骼
- Matthieu: 3Men + Sentient (short film)
- Teacher Huang: Physics demo
- Frog never asked for anything before, and this is an example of how we're hoping to treat future sponsors.
- STAFF approved
Future of HAL
- PAUL to talk to LIO
- Decide next step
- Researching open source solution
- Need a DVD
- Fix hal with Lio remote support (attempted, failed, new DVD coming); Lio doesn't have an update yet
- Kevin not heard from DFROBOT. KEVIN to ask again.
Problems this Week
- IT: Ricky Ng-Adam, Paul Adams
- SPONSORSHIP (Partnerships, Cooperations, Sponsorships): Kevin Chen
- CORPORATE WORKSHOPS: Min Lin Hsieh
- VISUAL, Pictures, XinConnect - Andrea Carlon
- PARTY & BBQ: Roger Mu
- MACHINES AND PARTS: Paul Adams
- FINANCE: Treasury
- MEMBERSHIPS: Manage memberships,
- MARKETING: Communications, PR
- SPACE ORGANIZATION: Machines and parts, space itself
- INTERNAL EVENTS / WORKSHOPS: Events and Workshops
- Everyone works with Space Manager
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Xinchejian Anniversary Party Birthday #5? - March 26
- ROGER to organize
- Budget - 2500 RMB
- Theme -
- Level 1: "Get people drunk"
- Level 2: Roger to present this next week
Barcamp, March 26
Group Picture of Staff
- Do it XinCheJian anniversary party (March 26)
- ANDREA must do it. Will bring lighting.
- PAUL to get the oven back from Amanda for next week
Wiki Staff Profiles
Required profile page on wiki for all staff.
- Personal Picture
- Personal Intro
- Example: Lio Lunesu, Ricky Ng-Adam
- ALL STAFF TO CREATE THIS NOW!
- Andrea Carlon
- Roger Mu
- Paul Adams
- Chris Zhang
Xinfab - Relationship
- Nothing to talk about it
- Yuruki - Trained by Paul (props to Paul)
- Concerned about their maintenance
- XinConnect is live! Still a few graphical stuff to fix but is functional.
- http://xinconnect.xinchejian.com - New Xinconnect platform thingy.
- Just use it, and experiment.
- PAUL: Waiting on Paul. Paul print, sign and chop! (four weeks not done in a row)
- Google: ANDI: Update? potential lead at Google, no pitch yet (cheap-mobile-for-India guy that is very keen to help hackerspaces)
- Microsoft: Lio is following up with Microsoft, guy is not getting back to him; follow up; follow follow up. Lio?
Chris & Kevin to work on the below:
- Staff to come up with retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments.
- update events
- new goals
- media updates/coverage
- Wan Gang & mayor of shanghai
- goals for 2016
- what did we do for the money we raised.
- on going projects
- Communication plan - APPROVED/TODO
- mucho confusion outside XCJ about roles and history of XinCheJian
- who has which title (original founder, co-founders, stakeholders, staff, members employees) with titles and dates
- the right way to represent itself externally
- official index on wiki & blog post (Who's who)
- CHRIS - review of the website.
- Labeling the equipment that are our own with our stickers APPROVED/TODO
- Xinchejian: Stickers -- ANDREA to make stickers
- Budget 400 RMB
- FMB collaboration - PROPOSED/NEEDINFO
- Biggest questions: who is FMB? what are their expectations? Timeline?
- Do a first meeting
- 50K to XCJ if we help them organize the games
- send people to help in time
- 30K/20K/10K prize
- 100K awesome
- Do we have the bandwidth? Arena to be built? Will cover the costs? High production event?
- Who will take the actual responsibility?
- did Amanda want to take this?
- Someone to step up to take care of it? Forward to Robopeak and Mushroom Cloud?
- Quadcopter Jerry? ROS's Bohan
- Ricky is interested in the event design/leadership aspect?
- Promotion on XinCheJian
- Space Manager (paid by XinCheJian) is to welcome visitors. External groups and Wednesday Night operations is the Space Manager responsibility. May ask for help to staff members. If staff members notice something they don't like, they are to bring it up on WeChat or email first before intervening.
Talk about pricing.
- Ricky - "We want to create a environment to attract people to give workshops..."
- CHRIS - How to calculate
- PAUL - Google spreadsheet and share
- Making profit -- Should we expand the team?
- Teaching for workshops --