Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-07-14
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-07-14, 8pm Notes: Pablo Meeting runner: Ricky Attendance: Michelle, Pablo, Ricky, Amanda, Kevin, Andi Late: Roger, Andi Absents but expected: Observers: Hanyon, Jonas
- Members fixing the doorknob - big thanks to 老窦!
- Amanda answering emails
- Lio doing the bouncer system
- Yu doing the membership fees report and accounting
- Very interesting Q&A session before meeting
- Staff applause for all of the above
- Financial status: update google spreadsheat - possible task for interns
- 2015.06.20 to 2015.07.14: RMB 4377 (5252-875 for Lio's PCB workshop)
- door control: https://github.com/xinchejian/bouncer
- migration from i200cn to bouncer MySQL database
- make sure that all the fields are mapped
- missing email addresses for some entries (that's supposed to be our unique key)
- innov8 needs to be removed from the main site xinchejian.com - LIO will do, and he did. DONE.
Roles to prepare content and information before the meeting
- Support Staff Manager - Manages Support Staff: RICKY and SEAN (ask Sean)
- Treasurer - Responsible for finances: PAUL (gatekeeper) and FREDA
- Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc: LIO, AMANDA
- Wednesday night event manager: AMANDA, PAUL
- Corporate workshops: MIN LIN?
- next generation: Staff, Members, Interns, Employees, Partners, Corporate customers (workshops)
- Should we protect ourselves against liability (insurance)?
- Should we have one or two persons?
- APPROVED AT THE MEETING/CONFIRMED: we want to have a paid employee hired in the next month
- Candidate found: Hanyon Wu (junior software developer, speaks Italian/English/Japanese/Chinese) - waiting for results of another interview
- How do we get interns to contribute to managing social networks? How do they get access?
- http://xinchejian.com - Print out a FAQ.
- printing QR code instead.
- Lots of shit, time to throw stuff away
- Lio objects.
- One week notice to be sent out to people.
- Force people to label their project/stuff
- ANDI is going to make a poster with tagging instructions
- Stickers for tagging already sent out to staff
- XCJ Intro Video: PABLO to send script by Friday 3rd, DONE.
- If xinchejian has youku - who has login details?
- will start interviewing people in the space, DONE.
- 1st interview with 老窦
- Kevin suggested interns to document maker projects
- Best would be to tag projects with QR codes linking to xcj website
- shelves arrived, need help setting up.
- Silence - MICHELLE says she can do it, min. one man to help
This week events
Wednesday Open Night
- If there's a talk, then from 19:30 to 8pm
Wednesday Maker's night
- From 8pm on
- RICKY to host
- Announcement tomorrow will explain the details, RICKY to send out email
- Given by our new intern, Yu Sun
- Three consecutives Arduino workshops in Chinese (Arduino I, Arduino II, Arduino III)
- Sunday morning 10am: July 26th, August 2nd, August 9th
- Focus on high school seniors and university sophomores with interest in Electronic Engineering
- Uses the DFRobot Arduino Kit, requires XCJ membership and
- for details contact Roger
- workshop leads proposed: Simone and Azure
- PAUL will follow with a date next week
- Design Thinking: workshop for designers (half-day, details need to be worked out)
- Doesn't want a team building workshop, but does want a few recommendations for workshops
- needs suggestions of workshops
- probably run during the business week
iOS programming Workshop
- Content: Swift introduction + Parse backend
- WeChat group created (ask Pablo) with brian (member/volunteer)
- after July 6th, 42/rmb/pax/hour
Ella Hackathon workshop
- LIO will organize *postponed for one more week* *pending update/19th of july*
- WeChat group join
- Arduino Shanghai Online Community Hackathon (non-profit?)
- AMANDA to confirm it's a non-profit, it's not a company
- Membership is 100RMB
- lunch times on weekend? poster will be up?
- dates? nothing yet.
- AMANDA managing
- Fail faster - August
- Barcamp - October
- 2min Film festival - September
- UAE delegation visit
- yes to visit, will accept them, amanda, lio, kevin and andi to help host.
- maybe September, they didn't reply to Paul.
- Maker carnival - 17/18th October
- LIO will organize for Saturday July 11th - DONE.
- MICHELLE will arrange the workshop and document the workshop (video and pictures) - DONE.
- Successfully executed. 6 attendees, 1750rmb total income.
Rules & Regulations
- Bylaws: https://github.com/xinchejian/bylaws
- please review as staff
- Discussion about name: ANDI doesn't approve Bylaws; Italians would disregard them^^
- Rules or Regulations to be used instead
Companies hosting workshops
PROPOSAL FOR RATES:
- Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit.
- andi wants: 50rmb, minlin proposes 60rmb, lio wants 69rmb/hr/pax*
- new proposal: 100rmb for first hour, +50rmb for every hour, material not included, still 50/50 split
- Non-profits, volunteeers, individuals
nothing below was challenged
- Corporates cannot run free meetups (that is co-branding)
- Corporate for workshops
- Renting the space (photoshooting): 50K RMB/day (24 hours), 4K RMB/hour
- In addition to any labor fee (using staff time)
- Example: DFRobot (Ricky Ye is stakeholder, support)
- Partner get 50% of the corporate rate
- Come up with a rule on partner
- if non-profits/makers/hardware making/all XinCheJian members: can be free
Every event still need to be accepted by staff (based on availability)