Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-07-07

From XinCheJian
Jump to: navigation, search


Staff Meeting Notes 2015-07-07, 8pm
Notes: paul
Meeting runner: paul
Attendance: paul, roger, lio, amanda, minlin, pablo
Late: 
Absents but expected: 
Observers: 

pole dancers for next staff meeting

  • Pablo and Paul approve!

Pending items

  • next generation: Staff, Members, Interns, Employees, Partners, Corporate customers (workshops)
  • Bylaws: https://github.com/xinchejian/bylaws
    • please review as staff
  • Financial projections and budgeting of our funds
    • always have a year in advance in the account *approved*

PROJECTS

SPACE

Membership

  • i200.cn - Xinchejian Membership System
    • AMANDA to change email to i200cn@xinchejian.com *done*

STAFF ISSUES

Space Manager

  • PABLO Pictures of the space and tools available *received from Lio*
    • Put on site, wiki, photos available from meetup.com
    • Picture gallery of the equipment could be sufficient
    • by end of week, upload pictures
      • needs help! during work times m-f

recruitment kickoff update awaiting ricky

  • Should we protect ourselves against liability (insurance)?
  • Should we have one or two persons?
  • APPROVED AT THE MEETING/CONFIRMED: we want to have a paid employee hired in the next month
    • Tasks list:
      • RICKY to kick off recruitment
      • RICKY to interview candidates and report to staff
      • RICKY conversation with firms such as Fesco for all-inclusive costs employee (in case the employee wants above board)
      • RICKY to figure out a budget that fits a sufficiently long runway within the amount suggested (55K)

Xinchejian Website and Wiki


Space - SPACE

Shelving

  • shelves arrived, need help setting up.


XCJ Intro Video

  • PABLO to send script by Friday 3rd
    • xinchejian has youku,
    • will start interviewing people in the space (this week the first one starts)
    • Need help with equipment (andi)
    • roger pointed to a video camera.

Current Events

Wednesday Open Night

  • Teacher huang
  • no one else

Future Events

Wednesday Open Night alternative

  • pablo to send through tonight to staff
  • PILOT Wednesday July 15th 2015, announced July 8th 2015

Design Thinking

  • workshop leads proposed: Simone and Azure
  • PAUL will follow with a date next week
  • Design Thinking: workshop for designers (half-day, details need to be worked out)


Pernod-Ricard Workshop

  • Doesn't want a team building workshop, but does want a few recommendations for workshops
    • needs suggestions of workshops
    • probably run during the business week


iOS programming Workshop

  • Content: Swift introduction + Parse backend
  • WeChat group created (ask Pablo) with brian (member/volunteer)
  • after July 6th, 42/rmb/pax/hour


PCB Workshop

  • LIO will organize for Saturday July 11th
  • MICHELLE will arrange the workshop and document the workshop (video and pictures)
  • PAUL volunteers to help
  • no signups yet, propose to delay to following week.

Ella Hackathon workshop

  • LIO will organize in 2 weeks Sunday July 12th *postponed* *pending update/19th of july*
  • WeChat group join

Arduino Hackathon

  • Arduino Shanghai Online Community Hackathon (non-profit?)
  • http://arduino.cn
  • AMANDA to confirm it's a non-profit, it's not a company
  • Membership is 100RMB
  • lunch times on weekend? poster will be up?
  • dates? nothing yet.

Roles

Roles to prepare content and information before the meeting

  • Support Staff Manager - Manages Support Staff: RICKY and SEAN (ask Sean)
  • Treasurer - Responsible for finances: PAUL (gatekeeper) and FREDA
  • Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc: LIO, AMANDA
  • Wednesday night event manager: AMANDA, PAUL
  • Corporate workshops: MIN LIN?


Rules & Regulations

Companies hosting workshops

PROPOSAL FOR RATES:

  • Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit.
    • andi wants: 50rmb, minlin proposes 60rmb, lio wants 69rmb/hr/pax*
    • new proposal: 100rmb for first hour, +50rmb for every hour, material not included, still 50/50 split
    • Non-profits, volunteeers, individuals

nothing below was challenged

  • Corporates cannot run free meetups (that is co-branding)
  • Corporate for workshops
    • Renting the space (photoshooting): 50K RMB/day (24 hours), 4K RMB/hour
    • In addition to any labor fee (using staff time)
  • Corporate/partner
    • Example: DFRobot (Ricky Ye is stakeholder, support)
    • Partner get 50% of the corporate rate
    • Come up with a rule on partner
  • if non-profits/makers/hardware making/all XinCheJian members: can be free

Every event still need to be accepted by staff (based on availability)

problems

  • last sunday, p2 tried to clear out XinCheJian while they sprayed stuff around the space
    • P2 lets dude enter the space and started spraying.
    • we want advanced warning early enough.
    • want clarification on what was sprayed.

the space

  • Lots of shit, time to throw stuff away
    • Lio objects.
    • One week notice to be sent out to people.

Kevin has a little one

  • Techyizu
    • Fail faster - august
    • Barcamp - october
    • 2min Film festival - september

UAE delegation visit

  • yes to visit, will accept them, amanda, lio, kevin and andi to help host.

sponsors

  • Innov8 sponsor time up. time to remove