Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-07-07
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-07-07, 8pm Notes: paul Meeting runner: paul Attendance: paul, roger, lio, amanda, minlin, pablo Late: Absents but expected: Observers:
pole dancers for next staff meeting
- Pablo and Paul approve!
- next generation: Staff, Members, Interns, Employees, Partners, Corporate customers (workshops)
- Bylaws: https://github.com/xinchejian/bylaws
- please review as staff
- Financial projections and budgeting of our funds
- always have a year in advance in the account *approved*
- i200.cn - Xinchejian Membership System
- AMANDA to change email to firstname.lastname@example.org *done*
- PABLO Pictures of the space and tools available *received from Lio*
- Put on site, wiki, photos available from meetup.com
- Picture gallery of the equipment could be sufficient
- by end of week, upload pictures
- needs help! during work times m-f
recruitment kickoff update awaiting ricky
- Should we protect ourselves against liability (insurance)?
- Should we have one or two persons?
- APPROVED AT THE MEETING/CONFIRMED: we want to have a paid employee hired in the next month
- Tasks list:
- RICKY to kick off recruitment
- RICKY to interview candidates and report to staff
- RICKY conversation with firms such as Fesco for all-inclusive costs employee (in case the employee wants above board)
- RICKY to figure out a budget that fits a sufficiently long runway within the amount suggested (55K)
- Tasks list:
Xinchejian Website and Wiki
Space - SPACE
- shelves arrived, need help setting up.
XCJ Intro Video
- PABLO to send script by Friday 3rd
- xinchejian has youku,
- will start interviewing people in the space (this week the first one starts)
- Need help with equipment (andi)
- roger pointed to a video camera.
Wednesday Open Night
- Teacher huang
- no one else
Wednesday Open Night alternative
- pablo to send through tonight to staff
- PILOT Wednesday July 15th 2015, announced July 8th 2015
- workshop leads proposed: Simone and Azure
- PAUL will follow with a date next week
- Design Thinking: workshop for designers (half-day, details need to be worked out)
- Doesn't want a team building workshop, but does want a few recommendations for workshops
- needs suggestions of workshops
- probably run during the business week
iOS programming Workshop
- Content: Swift introduction + Parse backend
- WeChat group created (ask Pablo) with brian (member/volunteer)
- after July 6th, 42/rmb/pax/hour
- LIO will organize for Saturday July 11th
- MICHELLE will arrange the workshop and document the workshop (video and pictures)
- PAUL volunteers to help
- no signups yet, propose to delay to following week.
Ella Hackathon workshop
- LIO will organize in 2 weeks Sunday July 12th *postponed* *pending update/19th of july*
- WeChat group join
- Arduino Shanghai Online Community Hackathon (non-profit?)
- AMANDA to confirm it's a non-profit, it's not a company
- Membership is 100RMB
- lunch times on weekend? poster will be up?
- dates? nothing yet.
Roles to prepare content and information before the meeting
- Support Staff Manager - Manages Support Staff: RICKY and SEAN (ask Sean)
- Treasurer - Responsible for finances: PAUL (gatekeeper) and FREDA
- Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc: LIO, AMANDA
- Wednesday night event manager: AMANDA, PAUL
- Corporate workshops: MIN LIN?
Rules & Regulations
Companies hosting workshops
PROPOSAL FOR RATES:
- Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit.
- andi wants: 50rmb, minlin proposes 60rmb, lio wants 69rmb/hr/pax*
- new proposal: 100rmb for first hour, +50rmb for every hour, material not included, still 50/50 split
- Non-profits, volunteeers, individuals
nothing below was challenged
- Corporates cannot run free meetups (that is co-branding)
- Corporate for workshops
- Renting the space (photoshooting): 50K RMB/day (24 hours), 4K RMB/hour
- In addition to any labor fee (using staff time)
- Example: DFRobot (Ricky Ye is stakeholder, support)
- Partner get 50% of the corporate rate
- Come up with a rule on partner
- if non-profits/makers/hardware making/all XinCheJian members: can be free
Every event still need to be accepted by staff (based on availability)
- last sunday, p2 tried to clear out XinCheJian while they sprayed stuff around the space
- P2 lets dude enter the space and started spraying.
- we want advanced warning early enough.
- want clarification on what was sprayed.
- Lots of shit, time to throw stuff away
- Lio objects.
- One week notice to be sent out to people.
Kevin has a little one
- Fail faster - august
- Barcamp - october
- 2min Film festival - september
UAE delegation visit
- yes to visit, will accept them, amanda, lio, kevin and andi to help host.
- Innov8 sponsor time up. time to remove