Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-06-23
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-06-23, 20h00-21h30 Attendance: Min Lin, Roger, Ricky, Kevin, Nelson Late: Lio Later: Edward, Freda End of the meeting: Lucio Ricky taking notes and running Absents but expecting updates: Paul, Michelle, Amanda
- financial projections and use of money
- MIN LIN to organize pitch for corporate workshops
- FREDA and PAUL to report on current financial state
- Roger to administer, 3 months have a cool project
- Good way to get new projects
- APPROVED AT THE MEETING: 3000 RMB as budget in equipment to be administered by Roger for the hacker scholarship
PROBLEM: The issue is people constantly knock on the door, and ask XCJ people to open the door.
OFFICIAL XINCHEJIAN POLICY
(All people supposed to do this are not there)
- OPTION A - P2 KEYCARD
- ONLY UP TO STAFF TO DECIDE (AT STAFF MEETING)
- OPTION B - Membership and DOOR Setup
- PAUL, to update when back
- OPTION C
- LUCIO to buy off-the-shelve intercom; install with LIO
- LUCIO getting the cheapest option which MICHELLE send out to staff: "XCJ - Door Bell Intercom Options for Staff Approval"
- I200.cn - Xinchejian Membership System
- AMANDA to update staff next time
- Question to be solved: How do members get into the space?
- PAUL in charge of planning party, to update when back
- Pictures of the space and tools available PABLO; Put on site, wiki; (still a TODO) LIO to send pictures to PABLO, to update
Job Description Proposals (by Kevin)
Open questions on employee:
- Should we have a formal or informal employee?
- Should we protect ourselves against liability (insurance)?
- Should we have one or two persons?
- APPROVED AT THE MEETING: we want to have a paid employee hired in the next month
- Tasks list:
- RICKY to kick off recruitment
- RICKY to interview candidates and report to staff
- RICKY conversation with firms such as Fesco for all-inclusive costs employee (in case the employee wants above board)
- RICKY to figure out a budget that fits a sufficiently long runway
- Tasks list:
- APPROVED LAST WEEK AND CONFIRMED: individual sponsorship, 5000RMB/year. No other benefits included other than an A4 board on the wall (not necessarily a picture of oneself).
Xinchejian Website and Wiki
- http://xinchejian.com - Print out a FAQ. KEVIN to help draft. KEVIN still working on it. AMANDA to help.
- LIO, RICKY and PAUL: http://xinchejian.github.io/
- Need to learn git and markdown; RICKY and LIO to prepare workshop
- RICKY to keep working on the instructions
- Needs pictures! To be sent to contact person@taobao; AMANDA to send person's info to staff
- RICKY waiting on the contact information from AMANDA
Space - SPACE
- AMANDA has ordered the shelves, DONE
- LUCIO to install the shelves
FINANCES - Sponsorship
- AMANDA has sent **existing** sponsorship terms
- AMANDA, please update on what's happening
Wednesday Open Night
- RICKY proposes new format for Wednesday nights, discussing with PABLO and MICHELLE
- RICKY will start new format in July
- LIO to send the newsletter again this week
XCJ Intro Video
- PABLO to send script by Tuesday June 30th.
- ROGER, LIO, ANDY (technical) will help PABLO to make intro video
Wednesday Open Night
- AMANDA said that there was a lot of visitors and we weren't change the format, assuming there are still speakers this week?
Insectbot June 14th resulted in 3000RMB
Ihan and Azure
- After June 5th
- Design Thinking
- Workshop for designers
- Details need to be worked out
- PAUL will follow up, no update.
Power Tool Dis-assembly Workshop
Mill (guy in charge of Nanjing makerspaces, also does e-scooter)
- PAUL will follow up
- ROGER followed up, sent the proposal to Pernod-Ricard, waiting for feedback
- LIO will organize for July 11th
- AMANDA to help MICHELLE with arranging the workshop; MICHELLE to document the workshop
Unmask V2 Workshop
- PAUL and SIMONE. will sleep on it. (follow up)
- LIO will organize in August
Internet of things
- Two persons reported liking it to Lio. But publicity was over the top... Too much commercial.
Companies hosting workshops
- Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit. NO CHANGE
- New rule: companies cannot run meetups.
Roles to prepare content and information before the meeting
- Support Staff Manager - Manages Support Staff: RICKY and SEAN, PROPOSED
- Treasurer - Responsible for finances: PAUL and FREDA, CONFIRMED
- Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc: LIO and AMANDA, CONFIRMED
- 3 month nominations / terms CONFIRMED
- PABLO to send out additional proposed roles to staff email
- Wednesday night event manager
- Corporate workshop
More effective regulations
- Github Rules and Regulations
- APPROVED: RICKY will write first draft and have the staff discuss and work towards a finalized R&R
- High-level Objectives at Staff Meeting, implementation at other times
- perhaps it is more a role issue?
- Re-establish financial transparency as a prime directive
- PAUL and FREDA to review the Google Spreadsheets (as updated with Amanda)
- not to be published outside of staff