Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-06-23

From XinCheJian
Jump to: navigation, search


Staff Meeting Notes 2015-06-23, 20h00-21h30
Attendance: Min Lin, Roger, Ricky, Kevin, Nelson
Late: Lio
Later: Edward, Freda
End of the meeting: Lucio
Ricky taking notes and running
Absents but expecting updates: Paul, Michelle, Amanda

next week

  • financial projections and use of money
  • MIN LIN to organize pitch for corporate workshops
  • FREDA and PAUL to report on current financial state

PROJECTS

Hacker Scholarships

  • Roger to administer, 3 months have a cool project
  • Good way to get new projects
  • APPROVED AT THE MEETING: 3000 RMB as budget in equipment to be administered by Roger for the hacker scholarship

SPACE

DOOR PROBLEM

PROBLEM: The issue is people constantly knock on the door, and ask XCJ people to open the door.

OFFICIAL XINCHEJIAN POLICY

(All people supposed to do this are not there)

  • OPTION A - P2 KEYCARD
  • ONLY UP TO STAFF TO DECIDE (AT STAFF MEETING)
  • OPTION B - Membership and DOOR Setup
    • PAUL, to update when back
  • OPTION C
    • LUCIO to buy off-the-shelve intercom; install with LIO
    • LUCIO getting the cheapest option which MICHELLE send out to staff: "XCJ - Door Bell Intercom Options for Staff Approval"
  • I200.cn - Xinchejian Membership System
  • AMANDA to update staff next time
  • Question to be solved: How do members get into the space?

STAFF ISSUES

Amanda

  • PAUL in charge of planning party, to update when back

Space Manager

  • Pictures of the space and tools available PABLO; Put on site, wiki; (still a TODO) LIO to send pictures to PABLO, to update

Job Description Proposals (by Kevin)

Open questions on employee:

  • Should we have a formal or informal employee?
  • Should we protect ourselves against liability (insurance)?
  • Should we have one or two persons?
  • APPROVED AT THE MEETING: we want to have a paid employee hired in the next month
    • Tasks list:
      • RICKY to kick off recruitment
      • RICKY to interview candidates and report to staff
      • RICKY conversation with firms such as Fesco for all-inclusive costs employee (in case the employee wants above board)
      • RICKY to figure out a budget that fits a sufficiently long runway

Economic Model

  • APPROVED LAST WEEK AND CONFIRMED: individual sponsorship, 5000RMB/year. No other benefits included other than an A4 board on the wall (not necessarily a picture of oneself).

Xinchejian Website and Wiki

Jekyll

  • LIO, RICKY and PAUL: http://xinchejian.github.io/
    • Need to learn git and markdown; RICKY and LIO to prepare workshop
    • RICKY to keep working on the instructions

Taobao

  • Needs pictures! To be sent to contact person@taobao; AMANDA to send person's info to staff
  • RICKY waiting on the contact information from AMANDA

Space - SPACE

Shelving

  • AMANDA has ordered the shelves, DONE
  • LUCIO to install the shelves

FINANCES - Sponsorship

Jing'an District

  • AMANDA has sent **existing** sponsorship terms
  • AMANDA, please update on what's happening

Wednesday Open Night

  • RICKY proposes new format for Wednesday nights, discussing with PABLO and MICHELLE
  • RICKY will start new format in July
  • LIO to send the newsletter again this week


XCJ Intro Video

  • PABLO to send script by Tuesday June 30th.
    • ROGER, LIO, ANDY (technical) will help PABLO to make intro video

Events

Wednesday Open Night

  • AMANDA said that there was a lot of visitors and we weren't change the format, assuming there are still speakers this week?

Lutz Workshop

Insectbot June 14th resulted in 3000RMB

Design Thinking

Ihan and Azure

  • After June 5th
  • Design Thinking
  • Workshop for designers
  • Details need to be worked out
  • PAUL will follow up, no update.

Power Tool Dis-assembly Workshop

Mill (guy in charge of Nanjing makerspaces, also does e-scooter)

  • PAUL will follow up

Pernod-Ricard Workshop

  • ROGER followed up, sent the proposal to Pernod-Ricard, waiting for feedback

Future Workshops

PCB Workshop

  • LIO will organize for July 11th
  • AMANDA to help MICHELLE with arranging the workshop; MICHELLE to document the workshop

Unmask V2 Workshop

  • PAUL and SIMONE. will sleep on it. (follow up)

BusyBee workshop

  • LIO will organize in August

Internet of things

  • Two persons reported liking it to Lio. But publicity was over the top... Too much commercial.

Companies hosting workshops

  • Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit. NO CHANGE
  • New rule: companies cannot run meetups.

Roles

Roles to prepare content and information before the meeting

  • Support Staff Manager - Manages Support Staff: RICKY and SEAN, PROPOSED
  • Treasurer - Responsible for finances: PAUL and FREDA, CONFIRMED
  • Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc: LIO and AMANDA, CONFIRMED
  • 3 month nominations / terms CONFIRMED
  • PABLO to send out additional proposed roles to staff email
  • Wednesday night event manager
  • Corporate workshop

More effective regulations

  • Github Rules and Regulations
    • APPROVED: RICKY will write first draft and have the staff discuss and work towards a finalized R&R
  • High-level Objectives at Staff Meeting, implementation at other times
    • perhaps it is more a role issue?
  • Re-establish financial transparency as a prime directive
    • PAUL and FREDA to review the Google Spreadsheets (as updated with Amanda)
    • not to be published outside of staff