Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-04-28
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-04-21 Attendance: Roger, paul, Amanda, sean
- Xinchejian Finances Spreadsheet: Xinchejian Finance Spreadsheet - Google Doc - does not address details or breakups, amanda to contact kevin
- Xinchejian FAQ Document: Xinchejian FAQ - Google Doc - needs staff to go through it.
- Xinchejian Intro Board: Xinchejian Intro Board Google Doc - needs staff to go through it.
- members asked about wood working tools
- propose members to make a list
- list sent to staff, needs approval, and space allocation.
- guy from wood working shop to help prioritize.
Discussion: Relationship with Xinfab (delayed until after lucios birthday)
- There is the urgent need to discuss with Xinfab about our relationship.
- We plan to have a serious and extended discussion about this topic at the beginning of the next meeting.
- why not many people use the space
The Meetup Groups
- What are the goals?
- Talking, learning, sharing
- Roger: Robots is OK
- Update from event managers each week, give them an account on XinCheJian.com
- XinCheJian Robot Meetup 新车间机器人兴趣组
- 3D Modeling & Design Meetup
AMANDA's Awesome Website
- ONE WEEK FROM NOW
- AMANDA will make Instructables happen.
- But that's what he promised.
- He will present next week
- http://xinchejian.strikingly.com/ (page not found)
- LUCIO will do measurements, send to AMANDA (no have just yet)
- AMANDA will order ONE just to pilot
- Amanda take Autodesk
- Sent Bosch (still in discussion), Festool also
- Can give tools
- 100,000 RMB sponsorship in tools (no woodwork ones unfortunately)
Wednesday Open Night
- Teacher Huang
- No one else..
Arduino feedback for beginners
- For Serial workshops it needs to be taken slower.
- No mixxed groups, totally newbies
- Asked for different exercises
- suggests opening an electronics workshop.
- Roger suggests to say sorry, dude, no have!
CPP - feedback
- SEAN: Sunday Afternoon: 1-3 pm
- went well for 3 that had the program
- needed a way to send files/ share files between people.
- had issues trying to load wiki.. people need to be on XinCheJianMembers
- needs to be clearer that they need to install shit first!
- big bold letters
- if computers had internet that work would help for idiots that done read.
- clearly state punishment
- Details on XinCheJian.com
- feedback good
- people want to do it
- Needs someone on site to help out
- For future reference -- GET THE INFORMATION BEFORE
May 17th - Sunday
- Spegetti bridge
- insect bot - paul to put amanda in contact with jose.
May 17th - Sunday
- 10 am to 12 am - Sean has agreed
- Jingan activity center
- Need projects, need support, need a white face.
- Amanda to quote JAAC
May 23rd - afternoons
- workshop from JAAC
- AMANDA to arrange
June 6th - afternoons
- workshop form JAAC
- AMANDA to arrange
Workshops to Run
- Lio, sure. Whenever. Will sleep on it. (follow up)
Unmask V2 Workshop
- Paul and Simone. will sleep on it. (follow up)
Design Thinking Workshop
- Azure and iHan agreed, but want to limit scope for half a day and control size
- PAUL pass on contact info to AMANDA.
- thanks makeblock for the kits
- 110 members
Xinchejian / Xinfab Relationship
- Lucio / Xinfab - I have to go.
- T-Shirt design competition??
- Total failure
- Need to get a digital design
- Kevin is now taking over the t-shirt manufacturing
Xinchejian Website and Wiki
- http://xinchejian.com - Print out a FAQ. Kevin to help draft. Amanda and everyone else interested will add and edit.
- http://wiki.xinchejian.com - Kevin has spent time to improve it. we all care.
Xinfab: Lowering Prices for 3D Printer
- 2 RMB per gram for people who need no help
- If you still need help. 4 RMB some help or you pay for Sean's time. 10 RMB.
- PAUL to help finish the History of Xinchejian - WIP
- David Li -- removed from Staff. But still on Cofounders and Previous Staff Members.
- Sean Purser-Haskell -- needs to do more staff time.
- Bernie -- to be left off, until more time to contribute.
Also Xinchejian Google Apps clean up:
- felix - never used
- sophialin - never used
- jmkalin - Jonathan Kalin - last login 2011
- jrosen - Joshua Rosen - last login 2013
- ziyunpeng - last login 2012
- rockets - last login 2011 (fine right?)