Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-04-07
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-04-07 Attendance: Paul, Roger, Kevin, Amanda, Lucio, Lio, Nelson.
Lio: why don't we have many active Projects
- Is membership a good metric?
- Is active projects a good metric?
- Should we offer free membership?
- Is membership a barrier?
- will roboracing help?
- XinCheJian is more about talk, and we make money with it.. is that a choice?
- Lucio: its not a place to make
- Lucio suggests the electronic room is a mess and so it's not being used.
- Nelson: sponsor active projects in the space? could this be an option?
- Lucio: what is our goal?
- do we need to define if we are educational? social? or something in between.
- clean up of soldering area could be a solution to a quite and noisy area.
- Dont bother me area!
- Move electronics room out into the area
- Nelson suggests what you see is what you do
- Spring cleaning
- Paul suggests to postpone roboracing on sunday and workshop on saturday.
- Action item: contact signups, figure out who is racing a robot, announce workshop the following weekend
Saturday morning 10am cleanup! breakfast provided! sign up with paul
- electronic shelf to be customized, longer working desk, shorter storage area on top.
- electronic room to move out to near the door.
- clean up electronics room
- move in kitchen to that area, and working area.
- Roger doesn't like the idea as he thinks that more junk will build up. [watch this space]
- Amanda to send email to autodesk for money to purchase what we need.
- you make your food, you must clean up your mess before the next day.
- nelson: hackjam, 12 hours of full hacking, no pressure, staff/members on site to help projects
- promote things like: best beginner hack, best project
- Don't focus on projects to be completed during the event
- organic ideas
- two to four times a year is enough
- Don't put high stakes, no high prized gifts.
Wednesday Open House
- no speakers, fuck.
- 7 people spaghetti bridge workshop 9am with lio on thursday 9th of April
- amanda promises to do the next one
Arduino Workshop beginners
- Saturday (10am - 12noon)
- sean to run it in the small fart room.
CPP with sean
- sunday afternoon: 1-3pm
Arduino Workshop (level 4)
- Sunday 10am
- Roger at Shanghai Library (18th)
Team Building Workshop
- 2 hours
- 11 April or 18 April
- Lucio and Roger to work together on team building.
- Not XCJ Event
- Pay Amanda 15%
May 17th - Sunday
- Jingan activity center
- Need projects, need support, need a white face.
- Amanda to quote JAaC
May 23rd - afternoons
- workshop from JAaC
June 6th - afternoons
- workshop form JAaC
Workshops to Run
- Lio, sure. Whenever. Will sleep on it.
Unmask V2 Workshop
- Paul and Simone. will sleep on it.
Design Thinking Workshop
- Azure and iHan agreed, but want to limit scope for half a day and control size
- PAUL pass on contact info to AMANDA.
Xinchejian Event Calendar
- Calendar System:
- PAUL to setup proxy for existing Google calendar - Working on it still.. fuck forgot about that
- PAUL still has to do this.
- Kevin sent. - dead end, kevin to refollowup
- Amanda on wedneday to meet them to talk about sponsorship.
Solarplane lands in Nanjing in April 7th, invitation only, its a Tuesday.
- Bunch of people going.
- postponed due to weather.
- Sunday April 12th
- Announce, make workshop on Sunday. April 19th for audience, paul to send details to amanda
- PAUL to find content
- ANDREA to upload to wiki
- PAUL to handle the race
- Design brainstorming session. submission date this Saturday.
- XinCheJian T-shirt
- T-Shirt design competition??
- AMANDA to arrange competition for tomorrow
- Kevin is now taking over the t-shirt manufacturing
Xinchejian Website and Wiki
- http://xinchejian.com - Print out a FAQ. Kevin to help draft. Amanda and everyone else interested will add and edit.
- http://wiki.xinchejian.com - Kevin has spent time to improve it. we all care.
Xinfab: Lowering Prices for 3D Printer
- 2 RMB per gram for people who need no help
- If you still need help. 4 RMB some help or you pay for Sean's time. 10 RMB.
- How to handle this?
- Chinese: Amanda, Mika
- English: Lio, Paul
- PAUL to help finish the History of Xinchejian - WIP
- David Li -- removed from Staff. But still on Cofounders and Previous Staff Members.
- Sean Purser-Haskell -- needs to do more staff time.
- Bernie -- to be left off, until more time to contribute.
Also Xinchejian Google Apps clean up:
- felix - never used
- sophialin - never used
- jmkalin - Jonathan Kalin - last login 2011
- jrosen - Joshua Rosen - last login 2013
- ziyunpeng - last login 2012
- rockets - last login 2011 (fine right?)
- Xinchejian Finances Spreadsheet: Xinchejian Finance Spreadsheet - Google Doc
- Xinchejian FAQ Document: Xinchejian FAQ - Google Doc
- Xinchejian Intro Board: Xinchejian Intro Board Google Doc
Fun Places near metro
- Amanda to Organise
- needs to be low impact
- not to link to websites from XinCheJian
- no thanks
- members asked about wood working tools
- propose members to make a list