Weekly Staff Meetings/2014-10-21
Date: 2014 10 21 / Oct 21, 2014 Attendance: Lio, Amanda, Andi, Kevin, Freda, Roger
- Waiting for hardcopy; once received, send invoice
- LIO will ping weekly
- Lio - acknowledged their commitment
- LIO will ping weekly
- Need to check bank account. MIKA?
- LIO to send email
- Was sent to staff@
- Paul's money bounced; still did not pay the rent
- FREDA to pay the rent on Saturday
- Tax: we need invoices for big spends
- To be paid for the year, paying the diff for the next part of the current year
- FREDA to pay accountant on Saturday 1400RMB
Number of members
- As of 21 Oct 2014: Active ~80
Membership IT System
REMINDER: Passports for everybody, sell's for the membership at maker carnival
- All the meetups are on http://www.meetup.com/xinchejian-meetup/
- PAUL to link up xinchejian.com
- AMANDA to send Paul the other meetups
- Conflicting meetups on Thursday's: Polymorph + 3D Printing; 3DP to move to P2, AMANDA confirms
REPEAT everybody must be member
- LUTZ and AMANDA
- Oct 25th
- Need more attendance, let's do more PR
- Has 18 kits
- Sunday: 3D Modeling
- LUCIO in Nov
- ROGER in Dec
Internet the "d" thing
- PAUL, LIO and EDWARD to work this out, still
INTERMEZZO no memberships in return for goods/services. We don't give memberships for workshops, get your money, pay your membership
- ROGER: urban farming on Sunday 2nd of Nov 2pm
- ROGER: composting on Sunday 16th of Nov 2pm
- LIO: programming, TBD
- PAUL: PCB design, TBD
- ALLEN: Solidworks, TBD
- LUCIO/Wallace: welding, TBD
- Roger says we need shelves, can't unpack
- ROGER sent email to staff, IKEA shelves; expensive.
- AMANDA to check Taobao for shelves, ~4,2m x ~2m x ~0,3m
- Those are display shelves to put next to the main door.
- AMANDA to buy the ones she suggested; display shelves to be 30cm wide
- Gorm (Ikea) is a good backup option for the future
- FREDA exchanged all Singaporean dollars; to pay the rent on Saturday
- Need monthly trainings; WHO?
- Include it into regular membership?
- AMANDA to check her XinFab card for tours
- LUCIO needs to fix band saw; PAUL to send supplier info
- Proposal: give lump sum from XCJ to XinFab, 1000/mo? Access requires training
- One training, both tool use and safety; filmed?
- LIO to ask LUCIO
Amanda to Report back on Quitting as space manager
- Amanda does not intend to quit
- Lio's feedback: Space manager must OWN the important issues: rent, finances, social media, who's-who, chops, ayi
- Lio: "Either do it yourself or know who does it."
- KEVIN to extend Space Manager page with responsibilities
- FREDA to pay Amanda on the beginning of the month for the previous month
- Company chop (for contracts): Amanda
- Invoice chop: Accountant
- Accounting chop (banking): UNKNOWN (MIKA?)
- Faren (Paul) private chop (contracts): UNKNOWN (PAUL?)
- PROBLEM: accounting chop is gone, can't do banking related stuff
- PROBLEM: for internet banking we need 3 chops: Company, Accounting(gone), Faren(gone)
- AMANDA to ask accountant for delivery slip
- One more search party. If not found, start notarial procedures. 1 week deadline!
- Accountant can request new Accounting chop, only needs company chop
Financial account consolidation
- Bank account, Freda's account, Alipay (amanda@xinchejian), Cash
- For now, keep as-is
- AMANDA to drive internet banking (see: Chops)
- 3887 RMB from drink box
- Cash is useful for deliveries; keep ~1000 RMB for ad hoc deliveries
- AMANDA to use the cash for shelves
- Facebook, Twitter, Weibo, WeChat, our Blog, Meetup.com, huodongxing, newsletter
- Instagram? RenRen? DouBan(pw?)? NO
- Twitter is linked to blog
- AMANDA to finalize this list. Who has access to what?
- Picture store? Flickr? XCJ OneDrive has some pictures. AMANDA (something without VPN)
- Lio: we have plenty of storage in the space. Can't be seen from outside.
- All the logins to be shared among at least 2 people
- AMANDA to talk to Jia-Qi regarding Wechat
- Lucio and Lio: Great success! Good exposure to new peoples.
- Maybe bi-monthly? LIO to organize
- "The tragedy of the commons"
- Surfaces and floors: vacuum and mop
- AMANDA to ask Lucio
- Monday - Robots
- Tuesday - Staff + drones every other night+
- Wednesday - Open Nights
- Thursday - Polymorph, Interactive media arts
- Friday - Amanda do it when she likes it.
MAKER CARNIVAL PROJECTS
- Kudos to Andi, Paul and the volunteers
- Sofabike was the best
- LIO: Sofabike
- Jacob: Maker - Social Responsibility
- LIO to send out the Wed newletter
- AMANDA to write down on the wiki what intern should do.
- Free membership, free access to workshop (materials excluded), letter of recommendation
- english&chinese, minimum 3 months, KEVIN writes the base line for the intern.