Weekly Staff Meetings/2013-10-01
* Date : 2013 October 1 * Location : XinCheJian * Scheduled Time : 19:30 * Staff Present : Lucio, Ricky, Min Lin, Paul, Kevin, Freda * Others Present : Raymond, Lucio's wife, sister-in-law, and kids
Going to dinner at Boxing Cat...
Raymond is interested in helping out at Xinchejian. Introduced by Lio.
- He's really interested in ROS - Robot Operating System
- He'll give a talk at Xinchejian after October Holiday
- He'll send an introduction to us.
- PIBB is supposed to get back to KEVIN very soon (yesterday).
From two weeks ago...
RULE PROPOSAL: Committing Staff Member Time
- Proposed by Valentin
- It is important to be fair about staff time commitments
- If someone wants to hold a workshop / run event, etc. -- need to be fair with committing staff member time.
- Staff is limited, has limited time / resource, and are working on own projects.
- Minimum action - Need to be courteous, and at least inform staff members early
- Best practice - Should discuss with relevant staff members, BEFORE committing staff member time
RULE PROPOSAL: Committing Xinchejian Name
- Proposed by Paul
- Using Xinchejian name -- should at least inform staff
- This includes use in events, contracts, deals, media, etc.
- Hackerspace on the Bund
How to run a workshop on Xinchejian
- KEVIN: Let me know if this works. What is it missing?
- KEVIN: Need to know design standards
- FREDA to help with Chinese translation
Process for promoting workshop
- MIKA to help with posting on weibo.
October Holiday - Oct 1-7
- LIO will be gone after 4
- PAUL will be here.
- FREDA can be here on Saturday, Oct 5
Accounting - Finances
Steps to consolidate finances
- STAFF PROPOSES - DAVID to turn stakeholder money to FREDA
- TRANSPARENCY - Staff thinks it is important to become more transparent.
- KEVIN: Need to talk with Min Lin
- KEVIN: To try accounting
- Need someone to write invitation for 3 stakeholders
- Lucio, Jimmy, George
- Lifetime membership
Discussion: Fablab and Hackerspaces
- Fablabs are for money / commercial?
- Hackerspace are for community / non-commercial?
- Not competitive (?)
- Make+ Exhibition - October 5, and David's birthday
- Maker Carnival - October 19
- Techyizu Fall Barcamp - October 26
- Lean Startup Machine - October 26
- Startup Weekend - October 26
- Ammoka Make+ Talk - Nov 3
- - Nov 9?
- Techyizu Hackathon - November 30 --- Contact? Ricky Ye
- VALENTIN: Design a acrylic thing. to Send templates.
- LUCIO: To print it.
- Hackathon tag - 1 RMB, cheapest
- Lanyard + Nametag (printed)
- Enforcement of members only.
- LIO says membership system should be working...
- LIO to host in HK on Azure
From ancient history
- Delegate Contract - Actual text in Chinese.
- (Delegate Contract (English) (Google Translate..) Is English needed / desired?
- EDWARD To open account... waiting on update
- Waiting on Min Lin
==Space Opening / Closing== * Thursday - / * Friday - / * Saturday - / * Sunday - / * Monday - /