Weekly Staff Meetings/2013-09-10
* Date : 2013 September 3 * Location : XinCheJian * Scheduled Time : 20:00 * Staff Present : Paul, Valentin, Freda, Lio * Others Present :
Xinchejian - Wednesday at the BUND! ： 新车间星期三晚上在外滩！ ： 星期三开放日去陆家嘴北外滩，近水族馆。 ： 7：00 晚上开始！
RULE PROPOSAL: Committing Staff Member Time
- Proposed by Valentin
- It is important to be fair about staff time commitments
- If someone wants to hold a workshop / run event, etc. -- need to be fair with committing staff member time.
- Staff is limited, has limited time / resource, and are working on own projects.
- Minimum action - Need to be courteous, and at least inform staff members early
- Best practice - Should discuss with relevant staff members, BEFORE committing staff member time
RULE PROPOSAL: Committing Xinchejian Name
- Proposed by Paul
- Using Xinchejian name -- should at least inform staff
- This includes use in events, contracts, deals, media, etc.
- Basically unsure of how to insure floor
- KEVIN: Would you insure the machine room?
- Hackerspace on the Bund
- BIG STAGE
- Problem - start at 7:00 PM (?)
- Setup - 6:30
- Need to touch base with David.
From David's Email
- 5 minutes introduction of XinCheJian - 5 minutes introduction of Make+ - 5 minutes introduction of RoboRace (do we have video from previous races?) - 5-10 interesting projects on 5 minutes each. This is what I have so far. -- The recent 3D printing and Bamboo exhibition -- Stanley and Qichen on OBD hack, will drive a car to the stage -- Mind+ -- Ardublock -- Parametric design and 3D printing -- GAP -- Bitcoin -- A few projects from Make+?
- Didn't happen last weekend.
- DAVID will give us an update.
How to run a workshop on Xinchejian
- KEVIN: DAMN, sorry about this.
- What do you have to give us?
- Bio, info,
- Standards - design standards
- For example - Images
- Weibo post
- Timeframe -- Minimum a week (preferably 2 weeks)
- Put this on the wiki
- Posting the post
- They have to draft weibo.
- "posters" Weibo and Website
- Our rules and regulations
- Guidelines -- we're open to just about anything?
- Charging - 50% / 50% --- very rough guideline 42 RMB / hour.
- To be determined -- how to opening.
- MIKA to help with posting on weibo.
- KEVIN to write guidelines. I'll put it on Wiki
- FREDA to help with Chinese translation
- To be done by next week
Mid-Autumn Festival - Sept 19, 20, 21 (Work on Sunday 22)
- LIO will be here...
October Holiday - Oct 1-7
- LIO will be gone
- PAUL will be here.
Accounting - Finances
Steps to consolidate finances
- STAFF PROPOSES - DAVID to turn stakeholder money to FREDA
- TRANSPARENCY - Staff thinks it is important to become more transparent.
- KEVIN: Need to talk with Min Lin
- KEVIN: To try accounting
- Need someone to write invitation for 3 stakeholders
- Lucio, Jimmy, George
- Lifetime membership
Discussion: Fablab and Hackerspaces
- Fablabs are for money / commercial
- Hackerspace are for community / non-commercial
- Not competitive (?)
- Frog Design - Hackathon - Sep 7-8
- Leifeng - Hardware Hackathon - Sep 14-15 (Baoshan) -- Controlled Registration free Xiaomi
- Mid-Autumn Holiday - Sep 21-22
- October Holiday - Sep 28 -
- Make+ Exhibition - October 5, and David's birthday
- Maker Carnival - October 19
- Techyizu Fall Barcamp - October 19 --> October 26 (!)
- Lean Startup Machine - October 26
- Startup Weekend - October 26
- Ammoka Make+ Talk - Nov 3
- - Nov 9?
- Techyizu Hackathon - November 30 --- Contact? Ricky Ye
- VALENTIN: Design a acrylic thing. to Send templates.
- LUCIO: To print it.
- Hackathon tag - 1 RMB, cheapest
- Lanyard + Nametag (printed)
- Enforcement of members only.
- LIO says membership system should be working...
- LIO to host in HK on Azure
From ancient history
- Delegate Contract - Actual text in Chinese.
- (Delegate Contract (English) (Google Translate..) Is English needed / desired?
- EDWARD To open account... waiting on update
- Waiting on Min Lin
==Space Opening / Closing== * Thursday - / * Friday - / * Saturday - / * Sunday - / * Monday - /