Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is document to help the staff manage all the events that happen at Xinchejian.
- Monday Evenings: --
- Tuesday Evenings: XinCheJian Weekly Staff Meeting
- Wednesday Evenings: Wednesday Open House )
- Thursday Evenings: Helper Sessions
- Saturdays and Sundays: Workshops mostly are held on these days
Breakdown for organizing events (presentations and workshops)
Initiate the event
- Find presenters
Schedule the event
- Make sure it doesn't overlap with anything else
- Confirm the schedule with the presenter
- Confirm equipment needed
- A workshop should be ideally booked at least one month in advance
Promote the event
- All text should be in both English and Chinese
- Get event description (promotional materials) from hosts (see Event description-guidelines
- Post event on XinCheJian website
- Post event on Weibo, Douban, twitter, facebook, etc.
- Update calendar
- Check registration to confirm whether the event will go no or not,
- Minimum of 5 attendees is required.
- Send reminder email to presenter and attendees.
- Before the event, make sure all necessary materials, equipments, tools are prepared
- Registration - make sure attendees sign up at the door
- Make sure the event goes smoothly
- Get feedback from presenter and attendees
- After the event, make sure the space is cleaned up for the next use
- Send thank you email to presenter and attendees (depends on the situation)
- Send event survey
- Write post-event blog