The Arduino IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is where you write programs for your Arduino.
Where to download it (Arduino 1.0.5)
- Windows: http://arduino.googlecode.com/files/arduino-1.0.5-windows.exe
- Mac: http://arduino.googlecode.com/files/arduino-1.0.5-macosx.zip
- Linux 32-bit: http://arduino.googlecode.com/files/arduino-1.0.5-linux32.tgz
- Linux 64-bit: http://arduino.googlecode.com/files/arduino-1.0.5-linux64.tgz
Download off of Xinchejian's server!
Verifying and Uploading
- Verify your program is ok.
- Upload your program to your Arduino!
- This is where you can monitor what's going on.
- This is where you can go to get examples of programs.
- This is a great place to start if you can't remember the programming syntax.
Problems uploading can come from many sources.
- Choosing the right Arduino board
- Bad connection. Look at the Serial option -- is your Arduino board there? If it isn't there... do the unplug and replug fix.
Suggestions for Dealing with Problems
- SOMETIMES, JUST UNPLUG, WAIT, AND RE-PLUG YOUR ARDUINO