SwarmRobot meeting 2012-11-15
* Location : XinCheJian * Present : Marc, Robin, Lutz, Samuel (new member), Lucio, Spencer, Valentin * Apologies: How the meeting is organised:- Focus is on the SwarmRobots making activity - not on the administration activity! Always lots to get through - keep meeting to 1/2 hour or less! If required - push some items into sep discussions / workgroups. In general approach is fill in detail BEFORE meeting & send out/remind day prior. Then meeting can just quickly focus on things that need discussing and not spend ages on the detail. However this requires someone do this every week in advance!!!
SwarmRobot activity since last meeting
- Sunny - 32u4 boards - seven ready for use -
- On loan to Lutz, Leo, Robin, Mark, Sam, more?
- Spencer returned his.
- 32u4 revision from Sunny - is now shorter - no longer matches battery holder, less IO pins
- Leo demonstrated his new version Swarmbot - with beacon & seeker, including object avoidance - NICE :)
- minor Wiki updates - simple GIT use, wheel mounting
Reminder - to everyone to share what you are doing - publish/update wiki and git. If you need accounts or help - just ask! Do keep using the mailing list - but remember to publish to wiki & git so everyone can find the latest!
Meeting notes & TO DO action items
These notes are in a 'semi-organised order' - not in time-line 'as discussed'.
Please note there are some actions that need volunteers!
Comings & goings:- * Spencer - leaving back to Aus :(
- Want to get Robo racing going (leverage swarm...)
- Market to schools - nice kit - AtTiny kit as easier to solder
- completed: TODO Spencer Ask for WISS contact - email sent
- finances - draft circulated
- SwarmRobot competition rules, judging & legal stuff published
- New items for this meeting:-
- XCJ Workshops only 15/12 & 22/12 possibly available, all prior dates booked []
- Discussion about 32u4 board - see mailing list - plus more issues - try run motor backwards!
- Where is the SwarmRobot blue box? - UPDATE - found & now on SwarmRobot project shelf.
- Where are all the other items returned from Maker Carnival? - UPDATE - found & now on SwarmRobot project shelf or in Edwards box (eg long tubes with IC sockets)
- Valentin wants to take a AtTiny 2313 SwarmRobot to France to show off!
- TO DO EDWARD?? W&K email they want workshop - see XCJ staff emails
- Robin has agreed to be new treasurer - Spencer will hand over next Thursday
- Leo - met Prof Koo assistant - big event, SwarmRobot could be one part of this. One event in Beijing, one in Shenzhen. Leo still getting more detail.
- TODO(everyone) promote swarm/XCJ on own & xcj sites
- in progress TODO(Spencer) - Be the SwarmRobot group Treasurer