Weekly Update 2013-07-24
Monday we saw the end to the month long installation of . . . by . . lab (Edward and Mika) the installation is now installed above the soldering area for extra light and in the winter will be used to keep food warm.
Tonight is no different, it's wednesday and that means presentations.
Summary for Wednesday/本周三开放日综述
- Julian Palacz - pop-up art installation.
- Gao Lei will be talking about his recent work "Pick up machine".
- SeeedStudio, watch out for our friends from SeeedStudio tonight
- Clifton - eBikes
- Julian Palacz is a media artist based in Vienna/Austria. He studied Digital Art at the University of Applied Arts Vienna under Tom Fürstner, Peter Weibel and Virgil Widrich. With the use of tools and practices of surveillance and data visualization the investigates in new forms of portraits and self-portraits, made out of personal data, the traces one leaves behind in the digital world. He is currently on a artist residency in Shanghai till September. At XinCheJian he will talk about his work and the mobile bicycle gallery which will be parked outside all evening and take us on a private viewing.
- Clifton is not happy with the current eBikes, he thinks they need a good revamp, he's also kicking off a group on fridays to prototype and build an eBike, come listen to how to get started.
- Gao Lei is a well known Chinese interaction designer, he's returned from Japan and is working on his own startup. He was a presenter 2 years ago at XinCheJian and will be talking about his "Pick up machine", so get ready!
- SeeedStudio, we'll be graced by their presence this evening, be interested to hear what they have to say.
Thursday - Happy hacking event & Assistive technology , Spencer runs this event on thursdays to give you a helping hand and point you in a direction on your projects
Friday - eBike Group - ever wanted to buzz around town on your own Harley Davidson? What about a low-rider? what about something from the future! well Clifton wants to do build one, people with skills in ID, Software engineering (mobile developers, hardware builders!) wanted and anyone else interested.