Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-05-10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-05-10, 20:40 to Staff: Roger, Kevin, Paul, Chris Notes: Paul Attending: Eduardo
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past Week's Events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Later Workshops
- 5 XinCheJian Internship
- 6 XCJ WiFi
- 7 Wednesday Open Night
- 8 membership have dropped off
- 9 Future of HAL
- 10 Expanding the Staff
- 11 Budget
- 12 XCJ Trademark
- 13 Sponsorships
- 14 Website - Wordpress
- 15 FINANCES
- 16 Labeling equipment
- 17 Space usage/large projects
- 18 Staff Roles
- 19 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 20 Box Management
- 21 Feedback for Chris
Props and Announcements
- TechYiZu - Designin shanghai
- CES shanghai - tickets are 1500rmb!!!
Past Week's Events
- Amanda earbud workshop
- workshop had 10 people
- painting workshop cancelled at the last minute - lufeng
- scratch workshop for kids, 7 kids registered 4 showed u
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- This Sunday workshop for tool room 1-3pm, 170rmb non-members 200rmb
- 2 people signed up
- Safety workshop free every thursday - need to signup via chris
- Arduino workshop coming up.
- How to Use Machine Room Workshop by Xinfab and Chris - Put off until Lucio comes back (May 11??)
- Safety Poster - ANDI -- Do you have it?
- PAUL can also run it.
- LUCIO to come back
- interns that are graduating want to come to China and work on Z-Visa
- graduates from Chinese universities (especially foreigners, technical)
- international high school interns (SMIC) - summers & weekends; good to frame it as a view to get in a good university
- RICKY to manage and update.
- CHRIS to make an assessment for intern
- Already two interns, one more in June.
- Chris needs help setting up goals and structure.
- RICKY is going to buy a new router (AC68U) on Taobao
- ricky to use XCJ business name on invoice.
- Do we want to set up our own line?
- Need to do a cost analysis
- KEVIN to ask co-founder
- CHRIS to also research
- China telecom business line 10mbit
Wednesday Open Night
- 3d printer & chocolate by nicole
- teacher huang
- yuruki from xinfab
- ECG/EEG analysis
membership have dropped off
- memberships have dropped in the last 2 months
- 1/5th of inquiries
Future of HAL
BRANDON is donating a new machine. But not as cool.
- The new name is GERTY
Expanding the Staff
- Eduardo is volunteering to join (nominated by Roger due to effort making the food)
- PROPOSED: two months probation as staff member
- 3 May 2016 Start!
- EDUARDO would like to host!
- P&L, still slight profit/loss, still not stable revenues, postponed to April
- Sit down with Kevin, Chris and Paul to go through the P&L
- KEVIN to meet with CHRIS (on vacation)
- PAUL: Waiting on Paul. Paul print, sign and chop! (SEVEN weeks not done in a row)
- PAUL PAUL PAUL PAUL
- PAUL to ask MIKA about Alibaba.
- Google: ANDI: Update? potential lead at Google, no pitch yet (cheap-mobile-for-India guy that is very keen to help hackerspaces)
Chris & Kevin to work on the below:
- Staff to come up with retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments
- update events
- new goals
- media updates/coverage
- Wan Gang & mayor of shanghai
- Metro TV
- MIN LIN - Is the POKER. MIN LIN to follow up.
- goals for 2016
- what did we do for the money we raised.
- on going projects
- Chris - some event once a year
- Chris - invite other hacker spaces to shanghai
- Kevin - training people about hackerspaces
- Paul - one big party
- Chris - bring everyone together to work on something.
- need to dictate
- KEY NEED: SPONSORSHIP
- DOCUMENT PROJECTS -- CHRIS
Website - Wordpress
- EDUARDO - Divi Template?
- Paid until end of June.
- New change from government affecting P2. From 7% to 11% on invoices for rent / property (VAT).
- It is deductable.
- 7 months PURE BURN
- Could not do lump payment
- NEED SPONSORS (3 SPONSORS to survive another 2 years (estimate))
- ROGER to make the pitch MINI.
- EDUARDO to DRAFT this "FRIENDS OF XINCHEJIAN" newsletter.
- Labeling the equipment that are our own with our stickers APPROVED/TODO
- Xinchejian: Stickers -- ANDREA to make stickers
- Budget 400 RMB.. andi!!!! update!
- ANDI never did it.
Space usage/large projects
- Have a Contract for x months / project page
- Require documentation on XinCheJian Wiki
- Update project room rules
- create application form
- APPROVED BY STAFF
- GOES IN THE CHANGELOG / BYLSAWs
- PAUL TO DRAFT SPACE USAGE AGREEMENT before next staff meeting.
- IT: Ricky Ng-Adam, Paul Adams
- SPONSORSHIP (Partnerships, Cooperations, Sponsorships): Kevin Chen
- CORPORATE WORKSHOPS: Min Lin Hsieh
- VISUAL, Pictures, XinConnect - Andrea Carlon
- PARTY & BBQ: Roger Mu
- MACHINES AND PARTS: Paul Adams
- FINANCE: Treasury
- MEMBERSHIPS: Manage memberships,
- MARKETING: Communications, PR
- SPACE ORGANIZATION: Machines and parts, space itself
- INTERNAL EVENTS / WORKSHOPS: Events and Workshops
- Everyone works with Space Manager
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- Proposal for box management
Feedback for Chris
- Chris Looking for feedback
- Need to organize our thoughts and reply by next week.