Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-03-22
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-03-22, 20:18 to 22:00 Staff: Chris, Paul, Roger, Ricky, Amanda Special Guests: Notes: Ricky
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past Week's Events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Later workshops
- 5 XinCheJian Internship
- 6 XinCheJian Birthday Party
- 7 FMB-Lite Robot Competition
- 8 XCJ WiFi
- 9 Wednesday Open Night
- 10 Hackerspace Work
- 11 Problems this Week
- 12 TECH
- 13 LEGAL
- 14 FINANCE
- 15 Proposal TODO
Props and Announcements
- Amanda brought the oven back to us!
Past Week's Events
- 3D printer workshop.
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- Python workshop this coming Sunday
- Drone Workshop put off 2 weeks
- VPN workshop - Lucas (after Barcamp)
- How to Use Machine Room Workshop by Xinfab and Chris - Put off till April
- Hydroponics - Roger (April)
- Painting - Lu Feng (after Barcamp, Sunday April 3rd)
- interns that are graduating want to come to China and work on Z-Visa
- requires 2 years of experience or more
- need to get the accountant involved to do the paperwork
- it's a risk for XinCheJian, is it worth it?
XinCheJian Birthday Party
- When: 19:00
- Who should be invited: members, friends of XinCheJian and XinCheJian alumni.
- Andi to get the music work
- Roger and Paul to bring entertainment
- Ricky to talk to Mattieu
FMB-Lite Robot Competition
Was REJECTED except for:
- Be our sponsor can be 5 months, or a whole year then they can use our brand.
- Ricky is going to buy a new router.
Wednesday Open Night
- Host (Chinese/English): Chris
- Announcement: Chris (newsletter), Chris (WeChat)
- June: intelligent BMI management
- Lisper / Lee
- Teacher Huang: Physics demo
- One of Valentin's sensors workshop to present their work (connect all the hackerspaces together); designers & engineers
* more groups in the upcoming weeks
Future of HAL
- Paul to reinstall the machine and put docker on it
- Kevin not heard from DFROBOT. KEVIN to ask again.
- Kevin update: "We already have the machine in office and under test, working on what products to put in it, you'll have it soon, xcj to take 40%"
Problems this Week
- No updates from Kevin yet.
- IT: Ricky Ng-Adam, Paul Adams
- SPONSORSHIP (Partnerships, Cooperations, Sponsorships): Kevin Chen
- CORPORATE WORKSHOPS: Min Lin Hsieh
- VISUAL, Pictures, XinConnect - Andrea Carlon
- PARTY & BBQ: Roger Mu
- MACHINES AND PARTS: Paul Adams
- FINANCE: Treasury
- MEMBERSHIPS: Manage memberships,
- MARKETING: Communications, PR
- SPACE ORGANIZATION: Machines and parts, space itself
- INTERNAL EVENTS / WORKSHOPS: Events and Workshops
- Everyone works with Space Manager
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Xinchejian Anniversary Party Birthday #5? - March 26th 2016
- ROGER to organize
- Budget - 2500 RMB
- Theme -
- Level 1: "Get people drunk"
- Level 2: Roger to present this next week
- update: 2555rmb updated cost
- no cakee
- roger to keep it under 2500
- bigger epic Sake container
- Andi to setup new speakers for the party and microphone
- Photos XCJ party - Andi
Barcamp, March 26th
- XCJ to promote in newsletter and wechat
Group Picture of Staff
- Do it XinCheJian anniversary party (March 26)
- ANDREA must do it. Will bring lighting.
Wiki Staff Profiles
Required profile page on wiki for all staff.
- Personal Picture
- Personal Intro
- Example: Lio Lunesu, Ricky Ng-Adam
- ALL STAFF TO CREATE THIS NOW!
- Andrea Carlon
- Roger Mu
- Paul Adams
- Chris Zhang
- Kevin Chen
XinFab - Relationship
- XinConnect is live! Still a few graphical stuff to fix but is functional.
- http://xinconnect.xinchejian.com - New Xinconnect platform thingy.
- Just use it, and experiment.
- xinconnect.xinchejian.com does not work yet!!!!!!
- PAUL: Waiting on Paul. Paul print, sign and chop! (SIX weeks not done in a row)
- Google: ANDI: Update? potential lead at Google, no pitch yet (cheap-mobile-for-India guy that is very keen to help hackerspaces)
Chris & Kevin to work on the below:
- Staff to come up with retrospective of 2015 and our accomplishments
- update events
- new goals
- media updates/coverage
- Wan Gang & mayor of shanghai
- goals for 2016
- what did we do for the money we raised.
- on going projects
- Chris - some event once a year
- Chris - invite other hacker spaces to shanghai
- Kevin - training people about hackerspaces
- Paul - one big party
- Chris - bring everyone together to work on something.
- Communication plan - APPROVED/TODO
- mucho confusion outside XCJ about roles and history of XinCheJian - Paul said we've been working on it
- who has which title (original founder, co-founders, stakeholders, staff, members employees) with titles and dates
- the right way to represent itself externally
- official index on wiki & blog post (Who's who)
- CHRIS - review of the website.
- Labeling the equipment that are our own with our stickers APPROVED/TODO
- Xinchejian: Stickers -- ANDREA to make stickers
- Budget 400 RMB
Talk about pricing: our workshop pricing calculation is out of whack with the cost of the space.
- PAUL & KEVIN doing spreadsheet - Google spreadsheet and share
DFRobot vending machine
- 300KG machine, need a ramp to get it up to 3 steps
- it's really big, takes a big space (how much?) - please send a picture
- MIN LIN to find a solution
- clear the kart
Valentin's to Lioship for its sensors platform
- Should we expand the team - Eduardo
- P&L, still slight profit/loss, still not stable revenues, postponed to April
Advertisement in XinCheJian WeChat
- Amanda advertising in the XinCheJian
- mini-science faire (like maker faire) hardware and DIY craft, for free (educational startups)
- Make Academy program co-organized by Amanda for Arduino (LeoYan is one of the instructor)
- two weeks ago LeoYan offered the same Arduino workshops to XinCheJian
- ask for permission to send it in the group
- publicity for projects
- Chris to moderate posts (and serve as the channel to post promotional posts)
- advertising needs to go through Chris (and she checks that they are sponsors or approve by staff)
- owner transfer of all XinCheJian groups from Amanda -> to Chris