Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-01-10
Staff Meeting Notes 2017-01-10, 20:20-22:30 Staff: Ricky, Freda, Roger, Kevin, Andi, Paul Notes: Paul
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 Past events
- 3 Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- 4 Workshops
- 5 Wednesday Open Night
- 6 Interns
- 7 Biggerlab Relationship
- 8 Space
- 9 Finances
- 10 Space Manager
- 11 XinCheJian Cleanup
- 12 Biolab
- 13 Biolab 2
- 14 Xinchejian Rules Changelog
- 15 Sponsorships
- 16 Marketing
- 17 Space Safety (4 weeks no incidents)
Props and Announcements
- Saturday 7th - Meetup/Food - Airship meetup - River Lan - Monday 2nd announcement (people signed up for memberships)
Coming Week's Events and Workshops
- Workshop - winter camp - 13th January - 37 kids, all paid booking fees (100rmb), 3d printing (candle), drone (make a drone 300rmb or 500rmb with camera) - from fablab tongi, arduino workshop (4hrs), wearable watch (4hrs), mechanical arm (6hrs) - option to join as many as they like.
- Freda requests help for winter camps
- Boyscouts - 14th 5 kids - 9am - 12am, 5pm - 6pm
- Paul and Freda
- Helicoptor team - training for kids, first class for helpers? - after spring festival
- Tool training and workshop, regular weekly, WongWeiDa - after spring festival.
- Teacher huang, details to follow - after spring festival
- Zoe - art workshop - freda to followup
- maciej - ukulele workshop - freda to follow up.
- TBD: Follow up PCB workshop by Paul (after holidays, for after Chinese New Year)
Wednesday Open Night
- tuti chen - design and adventure of art projects and science.
- teacher huang
- Document to be presented.
- April, May rent from the official account
- Members have used Alipay to pay XCJ but they sent to Amanda's account
- HuoDongXing - Kevin and Andi to dig out CEO name card.
- Freda to setup new Huodongxing to payment@xcj
- We get a PAYG Sim + Phone. - Paul to do tomorrow.
- put together an overview of XCJ and what we do for Government after spring festival - freda to own and share to larger group
- Not enough money in the official business account to pay the rent
- Ricky to take responsibility for the space - Ricky to update staff 20th of December.
- Edward wants to change investor
- To transfer biz from Qingpu to Jingan for local support - freda to support
- Check with accountant, impact on business
- Check with P2 if we need to change anything on our business license
- Freda is now space manager
- supported by the following staff members with photo: Roger, Kevin, Ricky, Andi, Paul, Eduardo
- consider public posts and thank you for Chris - roger to write post due wednesday
- post on: website, wechat
- Freda: limited some areas to keep cleans
- Aquaponics area -
- Biolab - want to move to back room
- CNC - to move to workshop
- Biolab presentation day on Saturday (6-7 persons showed up)
- only 2 specifically for Biolab
- lack of marketing
- Looking for safety hood for Biolab
- Smelly (peppers in the oven)
- Ventilation (installing fans, hole, platform)
- cnc move inside machine room (Old broke machine goes out), move this week.
- biolab to move in the corner where the cnc currently is.
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
Rules Changes: rules_changelog
- Brainstorming about sponsor pitch
- Coca-Cola event proposals
- see: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AsGi7rszCojTH8obmxnXNudVaNzwNZtJqL3cX76UfzE/edit\
- Proposal for event proposals
- bottlers - refused the initial proposal, waiting on counter. Will meet them late December
- Sponsorship brainstorming
- Need more articles: That's Shanghai, City Weekend
- One media came to visit, may write an example
Auction postponed till February
- December 14th, Alec Walker takes the job.
Government (January 14th)
- Funding presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1C8VTO6WinbDAe8Y3Fy0m6qeHM4UyRVwWpmjdYRJXWvQ/edit#slide=id.p
- Products naming: Delivery in Chinese New Year
- wants to name the products
- clean up project shelf; throw away old shit
- add new products there
Space Safety (4 weeks no incidents)
- send out incidents elsewhere
- make old and new members read about the charter
- Enabling the individual members to call out individual safety first.
- Call out safety to group, have a discussion, address objections.
- if objections not addressed satisfactorily
- Enforce safety workshop usage
- Ban for people that present a risk as collectively assessed
Physical security also include making sure we don't get things stolen