Weekly Staff Meetings/2016-01-05
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-12-29, 20:30 to Notes: Andi Staff: , Roger, chris Observers: ---
- 1 Props and Announcements
- 2 This Week's Events
- 3 Other workshops
- 4 Hackerspace Work
- 5 STAFF ISSUES
- 6 TECH
- 7 LEGAL
- 8 FINANCE
Props and Announcements
many props to Chris and roger for new years event on sunday the 3rd!
- 3D Printing - Xinfab will host
- Laser Cutter - Xinfab will host
- Xinchejian Badge - Leo Yan will host
- ROGER to hold shotgun workshop.
This Week's Events
- Friday afternoon from 1 to 3 visitors
- BOY SCOUTS: 16th from 9 to 11, 17 from 4 to 6, 23 from 9 to 11 24th from 4 to 6
- Robotic Arm, payd workshop coming up
- Z-brush workshop, a guy from tongji
- 3d-printer assembly
- wireless charging workshop by teacher one
- filming drone workshop, by andrew
- robot workshop
Prosthetic Hand Workshop
Jan 17 Sunday
- Would be a free workshop
- To contact with CHRIS
Wednesday Open Night
- Host (Chinese/English): Chris
- Announcement: Chris (newsletter), Chris (WeChat)
- Lisper: bluetooth wearable LED screen
- Zoe and Michael: new generation bags
- Teacher Huang: Small physics demo
- Will be crowded
- Roland is visiting, we can pitch them for sponsorship
- A group of designers is visiting
- Roger to pitch Roland on wednesday night, thanks Roger!
Problems this Week
- Amanda to add chris to wechat
- We need wifi to work
- Paul is going to pass by on wednesday morning to fix it
DF Robot Vending Machine Sponsorship Cooperation Options
- No response yet
- KEVIN will follow up with DF Robot
- DF Robot has responded
- Agreed to 40% of revenue
- We pay for power
- They are responsible for everything else
- STAFF to confirm we are ok
- Waiting on DF Robot to also confirm ok
- Kevin to check on selling t-shirt through it
- Ask for some tiny space
Staff Not Here
- People on staff don't visit the space enough outside of staff meetings
- People on staff don't visit the space during staff meetings.
- Staff needs to do better.
Amanda - Proposal: AMANDA SENT a proposal on minimum responsibilities of staff
- PROP A: MEETING MINIMUM: 2 meetings per month (24 meetings per year), (can miss for one month) -APPROVED-
- PROP B: HOURS CONTRIBUTION: 4 hours helping at space per month (not including staff meetings) -APPROVED-
- PROP C: HOSTING WORKSHOPS: Minimum 1x per year. -APPROVED-
- PROPOSAL: each staff pick a role, at least 1, hopefully more!
- PROP D: MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: Take over 1 task (membership, events, workshops, cooperations, space organization, finances, partnerships, sponsorships, IT, machines and parts maintenance, volunteers, recruitment)
- TECH: IT stuff
- FINANCE: Treasury
- SPONSORSHIPS: Handle sponsorships old and new
- MEMBERSHIPS: Manage memberships,
- MARKETING: Communications, PR
- PARTNERSHIPS / EXTERNAL EVENTS: Handling relationships with companies
- SPACE ORGANIZATION: Machines and parts, space itself
- INTERNAL EVENTS / WORKSHOPS: Events and Workshops
- Everyone works with Space Manager
Xinchejian Rules Changelog
KEVIN Will create this (when we get new rules).
Staff Mailing List
- Present Staff
- Helpful People (Lio, David Li, Lucio)
- Legal Representatives
- Not consistent Wechat
Group Picture of Staff
- To take at Xinchejian anniversary party (March 26)
- Roger to support the party
Wiki Staff Profiles
Required profile page on wiki for all staff.
- Personal Picture
- Personal Intro
- Example: Lio Lunesu
- ALL STAFF TO CREATE TIHS
Wiki Issue - Problem
- Wiki has a problem on picture sizing
- KEVIN already wrote
- Severin fixed it!
Xinfab - Relationship
- Chris already has a workaround with Danny
- Xinfab still here (for early 2016)
- Lucio away, Sean is leaving too
- Who's gonna maintain our machines?
- Sean to stop servicing next week.
- Sounds like Xinfab interns will maintain machines.
- xinfab interns to maintain the machines
- STAFF should consider the situation.
- STAFF to discuss early in 2016.
- Could Xinchejian find our own part-timer?
- Access is an issue if no Xinfab staff around.
- chris cha mange this
- Xinchejian and Xinchejian Members
- PAUL - Need to check. Instability.
- Follow up
- PAUL - Got it working?
Bouncer is not stable
- Investigate, broken, report back to git issues.
- PAUL - to update?
CHRIS to update
- PROPOSAL: 1 year + special cases.
- NO objections, so this is the policy.
- Chris to manage it.
- ANDI: will share a demo - on github, xinchejian
- ANDI: will publish wires - on github, xinchejian
- Online again soon!
- ANDI - Greg on vacation
Business License Update
- AMANDA picked it up. Will give it Paul.
- is it happening?
- PAUL: Waiting on Paul. Paul sign and chop!
- Google: ANDI: Update? potential lead at Google, no pitch yet (cheap-mobile-for-India guy that is very keen to help hackerspaces)
- Microsoft: Lio is following up with Microsoft, guy is not getting back to him; follow up; follow follow up. Lio? KEVIN to follow up with Microsoft.
- AMANDA to update.
DF Robot - Ordering Account
- CHRIS to setup with DFRobot ordering account -> email@example.com
- AMANDA to write instructions and publish it.
- AMANDA DONE. Chris updated and done.