Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-09-22
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-09-22, 20:00 to 22:00 Notes: Ricky Meeting Organizer: Ricky Staff: Min Lin, Kevin, Roger, Ricky Late: Freda Observers: Chris, Sparkle
- Chris for handling Russia Today
- Sparkle (Telecommunication & Information)
* Program Manager foreign company * General electronics * hot topics, monthly
- Chris (workshop/events/marketing manager)
- EE fresh grad to assists with inventory/electronics/ordering/support
DFRobot Vending Machine Sponsorship Cooperation Options
PROPOSAL/ONHOLD: Vending Machine Donation with us managing the inventory
By email: Rick, Min Lin, Paul and Lio: A is the best option.
Roger thinks rental is easier, but not strong opinion.
Sean: who will decide what goes in under proposal A? What I want probably differs from most; DFRobot would probably cater to a wider, more casual audience. Also, won't a capital investment by XCJ be required to stock it?
Kevin: Proposal A can definitely be annoying, but I think it's probably the best thing for us? We should also have a sense of what sells. Proposal B is going to be messy, and will require us to audit DFRobot to make sure that we're making a fair "split". I would lean towards not giving this option. Proposal C is probably the most straightforward. We would need to decide on what we think is a fair rental rate. Any suggestions?
MIN LIN TO FOLLOW UP
Partner With The Makers
website: http://www.themakers.cn (TV, crowdfunding)
PROPOSAL/ONHOLD: cooperate with XinCheJian, i.e. use XinCheJian logo
Andi: Seems an interesting opportunity if there are no other strings attached.
Paul: As we have agreed before.. No. Do we need to bring this on a case by case basis to the staff meeting. Its commercial use of xinchejian.
Ricky: I think it's pretty crazy how XinCheJian is rejecting every single opportunity out of hand that could potentially enhance the value of the space.... Wouldn't makers be interested in being associated with a platform that can let them crowdfund their dream making project? If this was XinCheJian 1.0, we would have worked with them. What happened?
COUNTER-PROPOSAL: figure out a deal that brings more members through the deal, presenting at the space, introduction to XinCheJian. CHRIS to follow up with The Makers.
XinCheJian Door Access Management
PROPOSAL: We officialize the space manager(s) role as the liaison with People Squared and explain community. KEVIN: to follow up with Minnie and if required escalate to Bob. Explain that Amanda is not the liaison for the space.
PROPOSAL: Members who have over 6 months membership and come to XinCheJian at least three times a week will have access to the front door. Staff will authorize Chris to talk to receptionist and help members get the card. 3 times a week.
PROPOSAL: 1 year membership bundle for makers (t-shirt, passport, storage box, access card): RMB900
PROPOSAL/FORWARDED: offer free booth to exhibit projects in innovation gathering
- Paul: Respectfully decline them. Unless it’s paid.
- Ricky: These kind of events should forward to our community at large since some of our members might be interested in participating as individuals.
Co-organize DIY My City With Intel
PROPOSAL/FORWARDED: XinCheJian co-organizes this competition with Intel, ChuangXinWu and Tongji University, by:
- Getting more than 50 people join in this competition
- XinCheJian can decide how much fund they need from Intel to build the activity
Support Staff Manager Update
Manages Support Staff: RICKY: mostly interns, we want more interns, make intern program more regular
- Chris to post to the WeChat official account tonight
This Week's Events
Wednesday Open Night
- Host (Chinese/English): RICKY/CHRIS
- Announcement: CHRIS (newsletter), CHRIS (WeChat)
- PAUL: give introduction to using MailChimp to CHRIS
- Presentations tomorrow
- teacher Huang? CHRIS: get in touch with him
Maciej's Design Thinking Workshop
- 8 persons, 6 persons paid (2 persons left without paying)
- 2 hours workshop, Maciej, theory for 1 hour, hands dirty for 1 hour
- mutual help between persons
- Alek wants to follow up with better workshop
- CHRIS: to get better feedback after the end of the workshop
- CHRIS: collect the money first
RICKY/CHRIS: to announce Hacker Scholarship ("Lioship" see below)
The hacker scholarship grant is marketing, propose project, have budgets, mentor, signup as partner, propose timeline, propose budget, 3 months, display at the space, property of the space.
- any one staff member can sponsor a project
- create a wiki page on projects (on wiki.xinchejian.com) and send it to the email@example.com
- purchase the components out of the already approved total hacker scholarship budget of 3K RMB (total)
- reports how the money got spent at the staff meeting weekly
- fast track limited to first three projects
- Setup the Microsoft Azure BizSpark:
- LIO to do the setup in HK to activate the instances
- RICKY help with the MIcrosoft Azures cloud services
- CHRIS to follow with DFRobot ordering account (firstname.lastname@example.org -> email@example.com)
- MIN LIN: if not, will sort it out with ROCKETS
- more sponsorships?
- ANDI: potential lead at Google, no pitch yet (cheap mobile for India guy that is very keen to help hackerspaces)
- LIO: Lio is following up with Microsoft, guy is not getting back to him
- Barcamp - October 24th at NYU Shanghai
- second week of October in Shanghai (see Noisebridge page)
- Shanghai Maker Carnival - October 17th, October 18th
- announcement made at XinCheJian
- CHRIS is acting as liaison with Shanghai Maker Carnival, filled in the form
- Paul & Sean would be interested to go
- ANDI to upload the video from 2014
- Entry level intro to Quirkbot (robots with straws)
- Swedish consulate to pay for stuff
- Arduino introduction at 800 show
- Open public: 800show to the public
- 10am to 4pm (50 - 100 people)
- RICKY to follow up with a rate (hourly/person/rate)
- LUCIO is in Shanghai 11 days
- Unified membership XinCheJian/XinFab: Makers bundle with XinFab
- RICKY to follow up with XinFab
Improving Members XinCheJian experience
Andi & Greg
- Forum for XinCheJian (members)
- has some social network features
- Greg is a developer
- ANDI to finalize and send it to CHRIS
- Communicate the survey to KEVIN to get an opinion (CHRIS to keep him updated)
- There are WeChat surveys
- Also SurveyMonkey
- lots of issues in developing product from ideation to commercialization
- do we want help people to start kickstart their hardware business?
- connecting people and services, tea session, depth of technical knowledge
Rules & Regulations
- CHRIS: https://github.com/xinchejian/bylaws
- to maintain based on the approved proposals in the meeting notes
- Bylaws: https://github.com/xinchejian/bylaws
- please review as staff
- Discussion about name: ANDI doesn't approve Bylaws; Italians would disregard them^^
- Rules or Regulations to be used instead
- ALL: create wiki page for our ourselves
- for alumni members
- for past members
- for profiled members
- KEVIN to profile LIO
- t-shirt design with XinCheJian logo: 20 to 25 RMB, sell for 50 RMB
- KEVIN: sent t-shirt design, consensus seems to be design #1 is selected
- KEVIN Get fapiao for t-shirts
- PAUL/EDWARD: reimbursement from official bank accountTemplate:DEFAULTSORT 2015-09-22