Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-07-21
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-07-21, 8:00 PM Notes: Kevin Meeting Organizer: Andi Staff: Amanda, Kevin, Andi Interns: William, Kevin Observers:
Applause for below
- CLEANING! New pile of junk into center
- SHELVING! New shelves everywhere. Freaking amazing work!
- Super props William, Yu, Michelle, Ricky
- Lio doing the bouncer system
- Yu doing the membership fees report and accounting
Andrea to announce on Wednesday - Open Night (?) the pile of junkathon. 1 more week to claim. Final date: 29 July 2015 - JUNK WILL BE TERMINATED
Junkathon (29 Jul?)
- Do something with the junk
- Cool hackathon
- Or set it on fire
- Door working.
- New members being told how to operate it.
- Will announce this on Wednesday.
- Door control code: https://github.com/xinchejian/bouncer
- Need to think of a system
- Restate: 30 RMB / month
Roles to prepare information before the meeting:
Support Staff Manager Update
Manages Support Staff: RICKY and SEAN
- RICKY: Not present
Responsible for finances
- PAUL (gatekeeper) and FREDA
- Financial status: update google spreadsheet. Updated by William.
Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc:
- LIO, AMANDA: No updates
Wednesday Event Manager
Wednesday night event manager:
- AMANDA, PAUL:
- MIN LIN: Not present
Postponed for next week
- Next generation: Staff, Members, Interns, Employees, Partners, Corporate customers (workshops)
- Should we protect ourselves against liability (insurance)?
- Should we have one or two persons?
- APPROVED AT THE MEETING/CONFIRMED: we want to have a paid employee hired in the next month
- Candidate found: Hanyon Wu (junior software developer, speaks Italian/English/Japanese/Chinese) - waiting for results of another interview
- How do we get interns to contribute to managing social networks? How do they get access?
- ANDI is going to make a poster with tagging instructions
- Stickers for tagging already sent out to staff
- ANDI putting it up tonight.
William and Kevin Yu working on it.
- Goal: Introduce Xinchejian to public
- Script: Starting this week
- Filming: Starting this week
This Week's Events
Wednesday Open Night
- ANDREA: Will host tomorrow
- FREDA: Will support for Chinese
- AMANDA to check Teacher Huang (?)
- AMANDA to let staff know
- AMANDA to do social media post, check in with Michelle
- AMANDA to send email
Wednesday Maker's night
- RICKY: We need an update from RICKY - How did it go?
- Given by our new intern, Yu Sun
- Three consecutive Arduino workshops in Chinese (Arduino I, Arduino II, Arduino III)
- Sunday morning 10am: July 26th, August 2nd, August 9th
- Focus on high school seniors and university sophomores with interest in Electronic Engineering
- Uses the DFRobot Arduino Kit, requires XCJ membership
- AMANDA to document
- for details contact Roger
- workshop leads proposed: Simone and Azure
- PAUL will follow with a date next week
- Design Thinking: workshop for designers (half-day, details need to be worked out)
- Doesn't want a team building workshop, but does want a few recommendations for workshops
- needs suggestions of workshops
- probably run during the business week
iOS programming Workshop
- Content: Swift introduction + Parse backend
- WeChat group created (ask Pablo) with brian (member/volunteer)
- after July 6th, 42/rmb/pax/hour
Ella Hackathon workshop
- LIO will organize *postponed for one more week* *pending update/19th of july*
- WeChat group join
- 1000 RMB to organize the whole thing.
- Xinchejian Hackathon (with their help)
- Arduino Shanghai Online Community Hackathon (non-profit?)
- AMANDA to confirm it's a non-profit, it's not a company
- Membership is 100RMB
- lunch times on weekend? poster will be up?
- dates? nothing yet.
- AMANDA managing
- AMANDA must send the proposal on staff
Xinchejian Book Club??
- AMANDA asking if she can run a book club
- KEVIN strongly against
- Decision is to just have a discussion. NO BOOK CLUB.
- Fail faster - August
- Barcamp - October
- 2min Film festival - September
- UAE delegation visit
- yes to visit, will accept them, amanda, lio, kevin and andi to help host.
- maybe September, they didn't reply to Paul.
- Maker carnival - 17/18th October
- LIO will organize for Saturday July 11th - DONE.
- MICHELLE will arrange the workshop and document the workshop (video and pictures) - DONE.
- Successfully executed. 6 attendees, 1750rmb total income.
Rules & Regulations
- Bylaws: https://github.com/xinchejian/bylaws
- please review as staff
- Discussion about name: ANDI doesn't approve Bylaws; Italians would disregard them^^
- Rules or Regulations to be used instead
Companies hosting workshops
- blah blah blah blah
- need update
PROPOSAL FOR RATES:
- Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit.
- andi wants: 50rmb, minlin proposes 60rmb, lio wants 69rmb/hr/pax*
- new proposal: 100rmb for first hour, +50rmb for every hour, material not included, still 50/50 split
- Non-profits, volunteeers, individuals
nothing below was challenged
- Corporates cannot run free meetups (that is co-branding)
- Corporate for workshops
- Renting the space (photoshooting): 50K RMB/day (24 hours), 4K RMB/hour
- In addition to any labor fee (using staff time)
- Example: DFRobot (Ricky Ye is stakeholder, support)
- Partner get 50% of the corporate rate
- Come up with a rule on partner
- if non-profits/makers/hardware making/all XinCheJian members: can be free
Every event still need to be accepted by staff (based on availability)