Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-07-21

From XinCheJian
Jump to: navigation, search


Staff Meeting Notes 2015-07-21, 8:00 PM
Notes: Kevin
Meeting Organizer: Andi
Staff: Amanda, Kevin, Andi
Interns: William, Kevin
Observers: 


Props

Applause for below

  • CLEANING! New pile of junk into center
  • SHELVING! New shelves everywhere. Freaking amazing work!
    • Super props William, Yu, Michelle, Ricky

Old

  • Lio doing the bouncer system
  • Yu doing the membership fees report and accounting


STAFF ISSUES

Junk Pile

Andrea to announce on Wednesday - Open Night (?) the pile of junkathon. 1 more week to claim. Final date: 29 July 2015 - JUNK WILL BE TERMINATED

Junkathon (29 Jul?)

  • Do something with the junk
  • Cool hackathon
  • Or set it on fire



Membership

Bouncer

  • Door working.
  • New members being told how to operate it.
  • Will announce this on Wednesday.


Box Rental

  • Need to think of a system
  • Restate: 30 RMB / month


Roles

Roles to prepare information before the meeting:

Support Staff Manager Update

Manages Support Staff: RICKY and SEAN

  • RICKY: Not present

Treasurer Update

Responsible for finances

  • PAUL (gatekeeper) and FREDA

Finances

  • Financial status: update google spreadsheet. Updated by William.


Communication

Communication - Responsible for managing PR, inquiries, representing the space, etc:

  • LIO, AMANDA: No updates

Wednesday Event Manager

Wednesday night event manager:

  • AMANDA, PAUL:

Corporate Workshops

Corporate workshops

  • MIN LIN: Not present


Recruitment

Postponed for next week

  • Next generation: Staff, Members, Interns, Employees, Partners, Corporate customers (workshops)
  • Should we protect ourselves against liability (insurance)?
  • Should we have one or two persons?
  • APPROVED AT THE MEETING/CONFIRMED: we want to have a paid employee hired in the next month
  • Candidate found: Hanyon Wu (junior software developer, speaks Italian/English/Japanese/Chinese) - waiting for results of another interview


Social Updates (website, blogs, social network)

  • How do we get interns to contribute to managing social networks? How do they get access?
  • Meetup



Space

Junk Poster

  • ANDI is going to make a poster with tagging instructions
    • Stickers for tagging already sent out to staff
    • ANDI putting it up tonight.

Shelving

DONE


Marketing

William and Kevin Yu working on it.

  • Goal: Introduce Xinchejian to public
  • Script: Starting this week
  • Filming: Starting this week


This Week's Events

Wednesday Open Night

  • ANDREA: Will host tomorrow
  • FREDA: Will support for Chinese
  • AMANDA to check Teacher Huang (?)
  • AMANDA to let staff know
  • AMANDA to do social media post, check in with Michelle
  • AMANDA to send email

Wednesday Maker's night

  • RICKY: We need an update from RICKY - How did it go?


Future Events

Arduino Workshops

  • Given by our new intern, Yu Sun
  • Three consecutive Arduino workshops in Chinese (Arduino I, Arduino II, Arduino III)
  • Sunday morning 10am: July 26th, August 2nd, August 9th
  • Focus on high school seniors and university sophomores with interest in Electronic Engineering
  • Uses the DFRobot Arduino Kit, requires XCJ membership
  • AMANDA to document


Hacker scholarship

neddupate

  • for details contact Roger

Design Thinking

Need update

  • workshop leads proposed: Simone and Azure
  • PAUL will follow with a date next week
  • Design Thinking: workshop for designers (half-day, details need to be worked out)

Pernod-Ricard Workshop

need update

  • Doesn't want a team building workshop, but does want a few recommendations for workshops
    • needs suggestions of workshops
    • probably run during the business week

iOS programming Workshop

need update

  • Content: Swift introduction + Parse backend
  • WeChat group created (ask Pablo) with brian (member/volunteer)
  • after July 6th, 42/rmb/pax/hour

Ella Hackathon workshop

nedd update

  • LIO will organize *postponed for one more week* *pending update/19th of july*
  • WeChat group join

Arduino Hackathon

  • 1000 RMB to organize the whole thing.
  • Xinchejian Hackathon (with their help)
  • Arduino Shanghai Online Community Hackathon (non-profit?)
  • http://arduino.cn
  • AMANDA to confirm it's a non-profit, it's not a company
  • Membership is 100RMB
  • lunch times on weekend? poster will be up?
  • dates? nothing yet.
  • AMANDA managing
  • AMANDA must send the proposal on staff


Other Events

Xinchejian Book Club??

  • AMANDA asking if she can run a book club
  • KEVIN strongly against
  • Decision is to just have a discussion. NO BOOK CLUB.


  • Techyizu
    • Fail faster - August
    • Barcamp - October
    • 2min Film festival - September
  • UAE delegation visit
    • yes to visit, will accept them, amanda, lio, kevin and andi to help host.
    • maybe September, they didn't reply to Paul.
  • Maker carnival - 17/18th October


Past Events

PCB Workshop

need update

  • LIO will organize for Saturday July 11th - DONE.
  • MICHELLE will arrange the workshop and document the workshop (video and pictures) - DONE.
  • Successfully executed. 6 attendees, 1750rmb total income.


Rules & Regulations

  • Bylaws: https://github.com/xinchejian/bylaws
    • please review as staff
  • Discussion about name: ANDI doesn't approve Bylaws; Italians would disregard them^^
    • Rules or Regulations to be used instead

Companies hosting workshops

  • blah blah blah blah
  • need update


PROPOSAL FOR RATES:

  • ACCEPTED.
  • Workshops are following existing rule: 42RMB/hr/pax minimum, 50/50, host can forfeit.
    • andi wants: 50rmb, minlin proposes 60rmb, lio wants 69rmb/hr/pax*
    • new proposal: 100rmb for first hour, +50rmb for every hour, material not included, still 50/50 split
    • Non-profits, volunteeers, individuals

nothing below was challenged

  • Corporates cannot run free meetups (that is co-branding)
  • Corporate for workshops
    • Renting the space (photoshooting): 50K RMB/day (24 hours), 4K RMB/hour
    • In addition to any labor fee (using staff time)
  • Corporate/partner
    • Example: DFRobot (Ricky Ye is stakeholder, support)
    • Partner get 50% of the corporate rate
    • Come up with a rule on partner
  • if non-profits/makers/hardware making/all XinCheJian members: can be free

Every event still need to be accepted by staff (based on availability)