Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-02-03
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-02-03 Attendance: Lucio(half), Amanda, Lio, Berni(half), Andrea, Teacher Huang, The Kid
Welcome teacher Huang
- "Xinchejian is Li David? Not anymore."
- "Translation problem"
- "Many tools are not available"
- "Make stuff together? Not happening"
- "System to let people look up old projects, information"
- "Giving lectures at other places"
- "Two categories: 1. present innovation projects; 2. educational purposes"
- "Import projects from abroad and translate to Chinese"
- "Not enough volunteers to show people around"
- "Try: I come here and try a few things" OK!
- "Many small companies don't know how to do stuff. We can help them."
- TEACHER Huang to bring some missing tools into XinCheJian
- TEACHER Huang to help people realize their projects
- AMANDA to help organize some workshops for Teacher Huang
- TEACHER to send us an explanation of his proposals
- Valentines Day
- They pay for an event
- Decide as soon as possible
- Edward and Qichen to donate 50%! (wooo)
- Xinchejian needs to issue fapiao WHO
Urban Planning Museum - Hackerspace Demo
- Xinchejian needs to provide projects
- 1 March - 19 April
- AMANDA to find out the details
Jing'an Activity Center
Feb 4 -- Workshop
- Badge soldering - Amanda or Lio to run it
- Insectobot - Lutz
Xinchejian Meeting and Party
Trying to think about goals for 2015.
- Party scheduled March 26
- We want to get more responses from the community
Who is XCJ Staff? / How it is managed?
- We should have a clearer board to show who the staff is
- Put the information on pictures volunteers -- on the wiki
- Explain who we are, and how Xinchejian works
- (But we're an anarchist, autonomous collective...)
- ANDREA: Make a board to show staff.
- AMANDA: Make a board to show general rules (how the space is run)
Transparency for Finances
- Should XinCheJian try to show all of its finances.
- What about rent? Are we allowed to disclose the rent? KEVIN to ask Bob
- Berni: only positive/negative
- AMANDA to put the info on the wiki?
- LIO suggest to create a fund for "future", put X amount in the fund every month (this is by name only; will make our balance sheet more sane by having less "profit")
Proactive on holding Advanced Workshops
- EDWARD ??
- LUCIO ??
- Interested in advanced more professional workshops, finding experts
- Examples: Lathe, CNC, Welding
- Need more Workshop managers?
- Goal: To get people (our ideal members) to find us, join us.
- How to make the XCJ like it was when we joined.
Wednesday Open Houses -- Raise the quality
- No quality screening...
- How to improve quality / control
- Best of talks series (monthly basis)
- Some sort of polling / voting
- Accumulate good talks -- and then do a best of (at the end of the month / year)
- Film the talks
- Concern about bad audio...
- Staff will start to take notes on best talks.
- Need to take contact details of all presenters!
Events, event calendar
- Better Calendar System (Google is blocked) LIO: Outlook?
- More sponsorships -- more than 4 companies?
- It seems like people 10 sponsorships -- seems ok
- 1 year - If we can do more than one year
- Microsoft: LIO to follow up... Again...
- BMW: did not pay, has been two weeks. LIO to follow up.
- Replying to media -- want us to do a better job of building this
- Maintaining media relationships
- TODO: Create a PR Resource File
- Google Doc: Media relationships
- Rules around this? Need to understand who gets access?
- LIO: roborace was cool, do it again
- TEACHER: can invite people to international competitions
- Prizes: More money, will drive more people to participate
- Example: Sparkfun -- 1 year competition
- Possibilities: Open source air purifier competition
- TEACHER & LIO: organize competition
Active Projects -- Better Promotion / Group Building
- All the weixin boards are full!
- Project of the Month (POTM)
Project based Kickstarter / Donation -- Finances / Transparency
- Badges -- For donations
- Project Teams - Example: Air Purifier Teams
- Seems like people willing to put money to support projects and tools
- Should think of how to harness this interest
- Need "kickstarter for workshop/tools/projects"
- Using OpenTilt?
Projects: Idea: Awesome Foundation
- BERNI: Get a bunch of people together -- to donate some money to help one project
Project Corners - Showing projects that are in motion
- People take over a part of the space; ANDREA to drive
Marketing - expanding reach
- Reaching out to factories RICKY
- Lucio to pay now. Final counting after tax calculation.
- Some is for future workshops
- Need to clean up / install / setup / store / throw? AMANDA to contact him/organize workshop