Weekly Staff Meetings/2015-01-13
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff Meeting Notes 2015-01-13 Attendance: Lucio, Paul, Edward, Amanda, Lio, Berni, Kevin, Andrea, Mika, others
Xinchejian Meeting and Party
Trying to think about goals for 2015.
- We want to get more responses from the community
Who is XCJ Staff? / How it is managed?
- We should have a clearer board to show who the staff is
- Put the information on pictures volunteers -- on the wiki
- Explain who we are, and how Xinchejian works
- (But we're an anarchist, autonomous collective...)
- TODO: Make a board to show staff
- TODO: Make a board to show general rules (how the space is run)
Transparency for Finances
- Should Xinchejian try to show all of its finances.
- Some support for this
- Seems like people willing to put money to support projects and tools
- Should think of how to harness this interest
Proactive on holding Advanced Workshops
- Interested in advanced more professional workshops,
- Finding experts
- Examples: Lathe, CNC, Welding
- Example: Czech guy -- this guy never came back
- Need more Workshop managers?
- Goal: To get people (our ideal members) to find us, join us.
- How to make the XCJ like it was when we joined.
Wednesday Open Houses -- Raise the quality
- No quality screening...
- How to improve quality / control
- Best of talks series (monthly basis)
- Some sort of polling / voting
- Accumulate good talks -- and then do a best of (at the end of the month / year)
- Film the talks
- Concern about bad audio...
- Staff will start to take notes on best talks.
Events, event calendar
- Maker Carnivals, big events
- Having a good calendar...
- It is a good initiator for projects
- SHOULD WE USE: Better Calendar System (Google is blocked)
- PROXY it out? Paul says it's possible.
- More sponsorships -- more than 4 companies?
- It seems like people 10 sponsorships -- seems ok
- 1 year - If we can do more than one year
- Replying to media -- want us to do a better job of building this
- Maintaning media relationsihps
- TODO: Create a PR Resource File
- Google Doc: Media relationships
- Rules around this? Need to understand who gets access?
- Prizes: More money, will drive more people to participate
- Example: Sparkfun -- 1 year competition
- Possibilities: Open source air purifier competition
Active Projects -- Better Promotion / Group Building
- Maximizing use of Weixin
- Print out the QR code for the groups.
- Announcement board - show the groups
- Monitor with ads of the groups (pictures, advertising)
- Website: Also publish the QR codes
Project based Kickstarter / Donation -- Finances / Transparency
- Badges -- For donations
- Project Teams - Example: Air Purifier Teams
Donations from Corporates
- We are very positive on taking corporate stuff, with NO EXPECTATIONS
- Expectations - NONE
- Amanda - example: Air Purifier
==Projects: Idea: Awesome Foundation (?)
- Get a bunch of people together -- to donate some money to help one project
- Encourage building projects
- Example: Sofa car
Open Source tools to support projects
- Using OpenTilt?
- Project of the month (POTM)
Improving - Documentation of projects in Xinchejian
- Not easy to create
- Not easy to find
Design a better Xinchejian Website
- publicizing what they are doing
- Asking for help for projects
- Part of the website, Online
- subscribe online, pay online
- Xinfab -- Willing to contribute money
- Research: Amsterdam fablab site: http://fablab.waag.org/
Project Corners - Showing projects that are in motion
- People take over a part of the space
- Wechat group QR code info
- People can see
Marketing - expanding reach
- Example: Going to Zhangjiang
- Reaching out to people who don't know about xinchejian but are Like-minded
- Reaching out to factories (Ricky's original idea)
More space managers?