Weekly Staff Meetings/2014-12-16
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Staff meeting note 2014 Dec. 16th Attendance: Lucio, Amanda, Paul, lio, berni, mika
Wednesday Open night
We have 100 members.
- Lio pinged, no reply; LIO to follow up (again) (again)
- LIO following up (again) (again)
- A* wants to reduce the spacemanger fee since it's really high..
- staff disagree in reducing the spacemanager fee.
- have 1 year of rent in the bank.
- door keeps breaking, we can lock, just cant unlock
- xinchejian to fix lock on backdoor
- ROGER working on t-shirts; status? *dead issue*
- roger has samples.. cannot see them. 30rmb/shirt + 15rmb print
- roger to have fun with that
- Mika wants menus, but is not a corporate account, need to investigate.
- Can do wechat payments.
- A* to investigate
- 300rmb + business license, Amanda to do.
- amanda to find out about changing it.
Jingan activity center
- Asked for Feb 1st 8:30am to 11:30am for XCJ to run workshops, want 4 independent workshops 2 Chinese, 2 Western.
- Age: under 15 yrs old
- event: Middleschool near XCJ
- Amanda to find out age groups, and if they are staying for an allotted time, and how many to expect.
- event for all elementary schools and middle schools.
- Paul to contact community on that.
- any objections please speak up.
- Toothbrush - by Amanda.
- Lio to do badges soldering workshop
Hackathon - TechYiZu
- mid jan is good for 17/18 hack24hoursbitches
- want a pre-event
- want to do a learning arduino track for newbies
- hardware based, no APP's
- one person from xinchejian; LIO to volunteer
- this can be deleted from XCJ
- arduino workshop by kevin in XCJ
- Invite (foreign?) hackers to come to Shanghai for X weeks, paying for stay.
- Let's try once and evaluate. Budget: 3000/mo RMB
- AMANDA to find the first victim
- XinCheJian can provide official invitation letter
- A* to talk to rnga
- Paul away - 18 dec - 5th Jan
- Serial workshop for Arduino - thanks, will consider it for next year.
- Serial Workshop Design
- wants to prepay for 10 workshops
- Amanda to investigate
- staff agrees
- no live demonstrations
- no leaving in the space
- Lucio to clean up
- build shelving
- hide dangerous tools
- need to renew license for a QR code
- Amanda to follow up
- p2 advises xcj to make sure cameras are recording for bathroom hustlers using the space as a cut through.
- need to confirm that it restarts on power outage
- need to clean up E-Room
- p2 to kok the hole.
staff meeting/party for planning 2015
- planning in January
- what did we do
- what did we do well
- what did we not do well
- where we want to be by the end of 2015
- special invites: Ricky/minlin/david