Weekly Staff Meetings/2014-09-23
Date: 2014 09 23 / Sep 23, 2014 Attendance: Lio, Amanda, Kevin, Andi, Paul, Mika
- Everything on their side.
- Just waiting on them
- LIO is going to send digital and ping
- Lio - checked. No news, went to the manager
- NEED INVOICE
- ACCOUNTANT will send to Paul at Frog directly
- PAUL will try to get it done this week
- No news
- ANDI will check up on girl. He forgot. Will follow up.
- We should make that monthly
- KEVIN and AMANDA - talk through monthly sheet
Number of members
- 15 Sep 2014: Registered 50+
- 15 Sep 2014: Active 45+
Membership IT System
- Paul did not touch
- Envelopes: Arrived. Good. Thanks Amanda
- Andrea: Design a chop - COMPLETED! Already given to Lucio.
- LUCIO: Will make a chop - NOT COMPLETED.
NEW POLICY: Passports for everybody
- Website -- STILL DOESN'T WORK
- LIO to stinkybad teach in stinkybad.com/hoe
Hackathon - 20 - 21 SEP
- KUDOS: To Amanda
- Attendance: 25 people
- Projects: 8
- Atmosphere: Was good
- Pictures: Amanda sent to Jiaqi
- Upload Pictures: Google Drive, One Drive.
- FLICKR: ANDI to find the stuff.
- SUMMARY of the EVENT: AMANDA to write. AMANDA to send it to KEVIN
- We gave 1 month membership for attendees
WHAT WAS GREAT:
- A lot of crazy useless projects
- People really enjoyed it
- Free food... (LIO?) AMANDA to pay Lio 200 RMB. but
WHAT COULD IMPROVED:
- CLEANING is a problem. Need a trash can next time? Trash box. More bins.
- RECYCLING stuff -- dump stuff to be recycled.
- DF ROBOT Sponsorship was not sponsorship -- very limited suggestion. Only thing they produce.
- We should set a standard amount (6000 RMB? minimum)
- We should do this more regularly (every 6 months)
- Right size, and even too crowded
- We (Xinchejian) should provide basic hardware
- What are we short on?
- Power sources
- Supplier: All the tool kits on the table
- If DF Robot could do this...
- Bigger prize could help
- Sitting in the corner not doing anything, so didn't take it seriously
- Creative prize - got to work
- Most complete prize - got to work
- Judging criteria - Should be decided before the event (Marcus)
- Differentiation or Cooperation
- Seriousness vs not seriousness
- - - -
ROBOT MONDAY 7-9 PM
FLEXBOT MEETUP Biweekly 10 AM -12 PM Saturdays
- He only has assembled kits, not enough
- They will do electronic watches this weekend.
- Still ok for now. But will monitor
POLYMORPH MEETUP Biweekly 7-9 PM Thursday
- Will meet on Thursdays
BERNIE's GROUP Thursday
- Will explain to Amanda
POLICY on Meetup meetings
- ALL ATTENDEES HAVE TO BE XINCHEJIAN MEMBERS - confirmed
POLICY on Posting on Website
- When we feel like it is regular enough (and not just a one-off thing)
- 40 people is the max
- Edward is representing Xinchejian
- 2x problems last week
- Network is not good
- 40 MB line... (1 MB line)
- NEED TO DO experiment -- if it can connect to Hero Center when that happened.
- Their router is the limiting factor
- Lio suggests - Xinchejian wifi only for members
- Wednesday -- tell people to connect to Hero Center
- PAUL can bring a second wifi unit, and make it switch on and off
- PAUL LIO and EDWARD to work this out
Get rid of MAKE Plus
- Thanks Lio
- 6 month trial is expiring
- $70 USD per 6 months
- DECISION: Keep it.
- WHEN: 28 September 2014, Sunday 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- LIO not looking forward to it, goddamn it.
- 7 people signed up
- Edward and Paul to join in the fun
Jing'an Activity Center
- Rudi talking to 20 children about whatever / robotics
- We get money (1500 RMB to activity center), splitting with Rudi
- AMANDA to follow up
Jing'an Activity Center
- Flexbot - Already set up
- SEAN is going to handle this
- October 18
- Nothing to do, and we're charging 3000 RMB (split with Sean)
The Situation of Design in China
- WHEN 23 October 2014 THU 7:30
- Students from European Institute of Design
- Open to members
- Lecture: Industrial design in China
- Must be member to attend
Spaghetti Bridge Training - Xinchejian
- Want someone to train their teachers on Spaghetti Bridge
- November 12th, Wednesday 9:00 - 11:30 AM.
- Already booked...
- 30 teachers
- Payment - 150 RMB - 4500 RMB payment
- They pay materials
Spaghetti Bridge Workshop - Xinchejian
- December 5th, Friday (Time not set)
- Want to chaperone, help them run it, their responsibility
- 20 kids - 3000 RMB
Maker Carnival - OCTOBER 18-19
- LIO confirmed will do spaghetti bridge.
- ROGER confirmed will do hypdroponics. Sent application form to Belina.
- LUCIO to look into how to make a 3D Printer - 700 USD (materials) + 500 RMB (class) (confirmed but as Xinfab)
- PAUL - looking for projects. If any help cool.
- ANDREA - contacted them DF Robot, only one booth. We want more space. ANDREA to handle this.
- Attendance: Andrea, Paul
- AMANDA - Will ask the participants to showcase their projects for Maker Carnival
Monthly Makers Hippie Thing - Creative Collective - Hangout
- LIO OWNS THIS
- LUCIO also to attend
- Xinchejian to attend it
- Wednesday - 8-10 PM - 1:00 AM
- Have a stand at one of their things - nightmarkets
- Bernie's girlfriend, Audrey
- At Dada
- OCT 15, NOV 12, DEC 10
- OCT 15: LIO volunteers to man the stand
- Need projects - bring there
- EDWARD to help with car
- ANDREA to help
DAFF - October 25
- Agreed to go: LUCIO, LIO, AMANDA, RUDI
- Next step: AMANDA confirm this money, confirm what we're agreeing to
- No money, no go
- ANDI to do it, print the logos (NOW)
- LIO - talk about toilets
- AMANDA - To contact hackathon people to talk tomorrow
- AMANDA - Follow up with LUCIO for some dude
- Yang He - Aviation platform - starting a community, like a model of Xinchejian
- PAUL to send
- Sept 20-21 -- Hackathon
- Oct 18-19 -- Barcamp Shanghai
- Oct 25-16 -- DAFF
- Nov 15-16 -- Hack Shanghai
- hackshanghai.com 24-hour, 100,000 prizes. NYU
- AMANDA contacted Taobao, took pictures
- LIO proposed off the market shelf
- EDWARD to purchase off-the-market shelf and attach to ceiling
- EDWARD to send link, AMANDA to pay
- EDWARD to send the link
- ROGER to discuss with EDWARD
- AMANDA to purchase
- We have oven, and induction stoves
- Roger says we need shelves, can't unpack
- PEOPLE SQUARED see if we can get display space
- Huodongxing - Supposed to be transferred to Xinchejian... DONE