Weekly Staff Meetings/2014-06-17
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Date: 2014 06 17 Present: Amanda, Lucio, Kevin, Freda, Andi, Lio, Edward, Jonas, Kristian
- First meeting in new Xinchejian space (Jing'an Temple)!
Wed Open House
- Arrange projector (against wall for temporary)
- Ashley Coulson: Upcycling: talk about team he put together
- Wesley Yang: Drift bottle project
- Used furniture deal
- Payment online on phone app is 4.7 % vs 3.4% with compute online. (Ignore: marginal difference)
- “Storage is a starting point,” – Edward.
- Two types: member vs non-member
- Membership storage: Metal storage to be built June 21st Sat. at 10:00 am
- On Sat: metal shopping and building (Edward, Lucio, )
- Big shelf (where little bins are) as work space. Previously discussed/agreed.
- Lucio will build: Little bin holders. Vertical shelves/bars with hooks/”L’s” to hold the bins. Need 88 boxes (1 per member)
Lucio’s dangerous tools:
- Set aside and have to be requested to use
- Start from machine room, and that room is cleared, can work on electric room. “Work from inside, step by step.” – Edward
- Hnaging Projection screen. Do tonight
- Roger: Tent set up by window (sunlight) and hose through window
- Decision: Roger will sort out with Phillip. Hole in the ground and no running faucets
- Amanda will discuss Green Wall outside of our space
- Kevin: Meeting room stays as meeting room.
On schedule, nothing imminent
XCJ and XinFab Collaboration:
- Lucio will have write up for next week
- Xinchejian Xinfab Cooperation - Official cooperation terms between Xinchejian and Xinfab
Shanghai Library Workshop:
- % breakdown: 20% Lib. / 30% XCJ / 50% Facilitator
- Payments are semi-annual
- They calculate off list of attendees.
- Amanda/Freda: set to handle this communication.
3D Printing Workshop
- Lucio work shop created 2698 total (top line) last time. Well done, L.
- Discussion on price. 100 kwai spent on taxi for 3-d printers
Workshop Expenses Spli
- All expenses for facilitator is taken off topline, then we split profits accordingly
Jingan Youth Activity Center:
- July 20th
- Worshop organization/participants: undecided
- Amanda taking the reins
Maker Carnical/Fair in October
- XCJ will be called co-organizer.
- No responsibilities.
- Just participate (with a booth)
- Details to follow
- Andi thinking about organizing events for out of town hackers
- Lucio: June 22nd 3-d printers
- Roger: June 29th Hydoponics with Roger
- Solid Works: Less than 5 will cancel
- Amanda: July and August. DF Robots
- Pushing for weekend mornings. Amanda will communicate our split. DF Robots handling kids workshop
- Andi: Emmanuel Flores organize a series of workshop
- Lio: First weekend of July. Lio: organizing spaghetti bridge
- Amanda to continue working on finding intern(s)/etc to help with space
- Keep focus on setting up space and make it more useable (vs. other workshops, etc)
- Amanda to follow up with Andi on stickers
- Where do we store photos?
- Lio will teach Kevin: One Drive
- Freda: Haier wants to sponsor/promo – new ideas to work together
- Can we get better chairs? (poor for Open House)
- Find used deals.
- Separate email to ask for deals on used furniture
- Bob sponsor any? Unlikely.
- Backdated payment: polite wording and send email. Calculated fees.
- Payments moving forward: Amanda will handle. Membership system