Weekly Staff Meetings/2013-12-17
Date: 20131210 Present: Paul, Edward, Kevin (minutes), KJ, Lucia, ShanShan, Sara, Mika
- LIO - Introduction to D Workshop - 7 sign ups, 2 attendance
- JONATHAN - Cleaning up the machine room
- DAVID - Startup Weekend Maker Edition
- Not enough mentors, Needs improvement
- DAVID and SHANSHAN for hosting the talks.
- EDWARD fixing the door bell.
- 4 presenters
- Startup Weekend: Sonic Watch, Pleasure Underwear, Movable Gallery
- Edward met a guy who is giving a talk, representative of something 3D Printing
- Edward: Needs to spend time half-day from work to find someone to get it done.
Lucio's Space for Mechanical Tools
- If we find a new location...
- Take care of all the machinery, and can outsource the machine room stuff
- He takes care of certification
Do we need a new space?
- Don't have enough space (laser cutter, CNC , 3D printers,)
- The Nest?
- Any other suggestions / options?
- Current space -- too small.
- Freda - contact
- Start looking into contacts
- LIO failed.
- Next steps - purchase or find a person to fix
- EDWARD - Bring to electronics market to fix.
- Christmas Dec 25: Wednesday... LIO and other to host, and write newsletter
- New Years Jan 1: Wednesday... VACATION DECLARED
Missing Hotplate Mystery
- SOLVED: Susan
- Nothing to do
Movie Night - Fridays
- Organized by Roger
- FILM: Nacho Libre
- FOOD: Nachos
- Please come, just tell Roger
- Also functioning as half-ass Christmas party
- Proposed Dec 28 - Saturday 2:00 PM
- Roger to get the info
- ROGER to send
- AARON to post
BLINKING HEART - POSTMORTEM
- Dec 22 SUNDAY 1:00 PM
- MIKA -> AARON to give the information
D WORKSHOP - POSTMORTEM
- WHY U NO SHOW?
- Was there a miscommunication for dates... ?? uh oh.
- FUTURE ACTION: BE CAREFUL ABOUT DATES
- Promote better?
PINEWOOD CUB SCOUTS
- Jan 11 and Jan 18
- Remember. Need some staff. Do some training.
- Staff should pay membership fees - if no objections this week, it will pass.
- Objection on email
- Goes back for another week??
Xinchejian Membership System
- Official membership sign-up times will be wed night and Sat.
- Need to train staff to be able to sign up members with new process (e.g. getting card printed). Note: People can sign up anytime, but membership cards will be printed on Wed and Sat.
- Paul committed changes
- EDWARD -
- EVERYONE PLEASE TEST
- Please push bug reports to github issues
Actions item to complete over following week (A)
- Jimmy to print out Xinchejian code of conduct pdf. Paste one next to the money box.
- Waiting on Jimmy
- Edward, Paul, and Jonathan to install security cameras weekend of 12/14
- Nothing done
- Still need to look at Taobao for cameras