Weekly Staff Meetings/2013-05-14
Jump to navigation Jump to search
* Date : 2013 May 14 * Location : XinCheJian * Scheduled Time : 20:05 * Staff Present : Min Lin, Valentin, Lucio, Freda, Kevin, Paul, Ricky (!) * Others Present :
- Oculus Rift
DF Robot - Mika issue
- Min Lin spoke to Ricky Ye
- DF Robot is not directly involved -- it's
- DF Robot assembled the board, didn't know the final product
- DF Robot doesn't sell it.
- Lucio notes that Seed Studio is very stringent about copyright rules
- Guy from Beijing hackerspace agreed and apologized on Weibo
- OK - more or less ok now.
- Need to chase with JIMMY
- Terms of service, membership agreement
- It's important
- JIMMY still need to research
- Sophia gave help to get it sorted this week
- Will see if company follows through
- Ricky followed up, but no response
- JIMMY intern wrangler - following up where Ricky left off
- Interns in 2 weeks
- Waiting on company registration
Website and Membership Card System
- Waiting on Edward
- Waiting on
- Viewing the machine. It is rental.
- 4 rmb per card, no minimum
- How to get everyone -- Registration
Shanghai Library Design Studio
- David - He's going this week
- Hearing from the grapevine that everyone wants a piece of our space
- Sounds like we really need to consider moving?
- Money transferred, and frozen for 3 months
- Should be ok
- Space insurance --
- KEVIN - Will ask friend about space insurance
- Min Lin - Only a few months of rent
- David - Needs to chase on stakeholder money
- RENT - David - needs to brief on payment plan
- MIN LIN - has to finish up accounts
- 8 projects
- 40 people roughly, 5 people per group
- Estimate 25-50% to come to space
- 1-on-1 mentoring with David, Valentin
- Sunday - each group talked about their project
- Killed one project - one girl, theater with robots
- May 16 - canceled
- May 30 - big meeting
- Sunday afternoon? - OK if it doesn't affect workshops
- Min Lin - Still waiting for a reply
- Min Lin - Still following up
Hackathon - Xinchejian?
- Japanese Insurance company
- Decided tomorrow
- Hackathon around cars
- End of June - weekend
- Expecting 80-100 people
- Charging 20%
- Potential locations M50, RedTown
- Notes - Hackathon last weekend, plant that can talk about weather
- Last weekend - Film Workshop
- Abysmal turnout - Nobody came
- Ihan Workshop
- 3 people signed up
- 320 RMB
- Need to keep promoting...
- May need to cancel...
Plio Robot Dinosaur Stolen -- Cameras
- Paul notes was stolen (again)
- SUGGESTION: Get the cameras to work?...
- Paul and Lucio to work on it
==Space Opening / Closing== * Thursday - | Sophia, Lucio Evening * Friday - | Evening * Saturday - Freda Morning | * Sunday - Lio Morning | * Monday - | Euccas Evening
- ACTION: Create a "Terms of Service / Membership" for Xinchejian members
- This should be a standard, and accepted by all members of Xinchejian during registration
- KEY IDEA: Unless expressly stated by the member, all projects are assumed to be covered by CREATIVE COMMONS - NON-COMMERCIAL - ATTRIBUTION license.
- ACTION: Create a "Partnership Document" for official Xinchejian partners
- This should be a standard document. Signatures required for official partners.
- KEY IDEA: Avoid companies taking advantage of the work / IP of Xinchejian members. They should attribute ideas to Xinchejian and the specific member. If the work is commercial, expectations are to offer some help to the community.
XINCHEJIAN POLICY - Membership - Terms of Service
- Goal is to create a document
- Handle damages and liability
- Will be incorporated into new website / membership system
- JIMMY will do research on terms and conditions at hackerspaces
- Recommended to look at www.hackerspaces.org