Weekly Staff Meetings/2012-06-26
- Location: XinCheJian
- Time: 7:30pm
- Start time:
Paul, Kevin, Andi, David, Freda, Clemence, QiChen, Edward, Valentin, Stephany, MinLin, Lio, Sherry.
- Lio and Kevin for the IDEA BOX
- Paul, Valentin for installing more webcams
- Paul for webcam signs
- Paul, Edward, Rockets, David for inviting guests for Wednesday talks
- Kevin for putting the space agreement on Google Docs
- Min Lin for sending membership renewal notification emails
Clemence is leaving... July 20th
- Consignment selling - mengqi Osc6
- 150 for the kits; XCJ takes 70. Workshop? Clemence follows up, by 6th
- fa ren while I'm away; we still have the chop.
- Valentin (student visa; by October)
- Lio (not Chinese)
- Need to decide by next week
Next Saturday June 30th Roboracing
- Paul to run
- Race track on the rooftop? build/design new track for the autonomous/user controlled
- MinLin to help Paul for the boards
- Easily assembled
- Start at 3pm
- Need more promotion
- Posters; last year's
- Andi to make a design by tomorrow (27th) 5pm
- Paul to print the big track
Rob van Kranenburg - Internet of SomeThings
- Talk at Xindanwei this Saturday June 30th from 2pm to 4pm
- Will come to visit XCJ after
- Show door + Rabbit
- Lio can bring camera to record
- Paul to ask Infy to go to XinDanWei and to pitch XCJ to X.
- David to check whether Round Table setup is fine with Rob.
- Paul does the promotion
- Paul does the promotion, again; Edward to translate
- four talks, on the thread
Visit from Sino-Finnish design school of Tongji
- July 10th, 2pm to 6pm, Tuesday
- 25 students + teachers
- David, Qichen and Rockets to do this workshop
- Too loud for T&R? David to contact neighborx
- August 10th: TongJi, QingHua, BeiDa, ~80 people, Friday
- Google Doc (link) 
- Putting together a list of requests / demands
- Skip this one for now
- Membership goals needs to be discussed (what types of members? many members?)
- Membership management (fussy, simple, automated, etc.)
- Cost structure
- Kevin propose differentiate pricing system: Cheaper for people pay 3months or 1year up front.
- Skip this one for now
- Paul wants a minimum ratio of Mainland chinese of 50%+ to get more chinese people involved.
- Need more locals on staff
- Convince Sunny to do "adults" events.
- Need ideas by next week.
- Event targeted to Chinese audience.
- Synthesizer workshop for the Chinese guy groupies, in Chinese, by Chinese, for Chinese
- Arduino workshop; overdue. In Chinese. Mid-August, Edward to fix-up his last workshop.
Paper bridge test run recap
- Need rules. Internal competition.
- Valentin gives rules to Edward by next week.
- Need one. Fast.
- 3 to 5 minutes total?
- Paul to direct, Lio helps out
- MinLin to write the script.
- Done within one week
Machine usage rules
- Access control -- check out system (a list of authorized users, put it on wiki, a basic training before getting the access.)
- Print out a instruction and guide line on the wall.
- Communication between different user -- wiki as a solution, put up a big "DO NOT TOUCH" sign
- Stephany send out a email to 3D team.
- Valentin would hold a workshop for how to use 3d printer
- Lesson learn from Cruicible
- Check out system
- Have to reserve (3d printer, mill ...)
- Need to be certified for certain equipment (drill press, band saw)
- Cost (Stephany would kick off a email for basic guild line for cost)
- Material (Bring your own or buy from xcj)
- Consumables (Drill bits)
- Time slot (3d printer, CNC mill)
- Machine room = another upgrade option? Certification = 500/yr.
- Need waiver
- Ayi in Machine Room? No.
Space is the project
- Webcams, signs: Done.
- Need to hack The Project Passport: Lio. Eventual completion. 1 week.
- Need more threatening signs.
- Bigger signs. Edward.
Roster for opening/closing the space
- Sign up or get signed up if you are on staff.
- This week
- Wednesday: Valentin
- Thursday evening: Paul -Open/Close
- Friday evening: open/close Lio. (OPEN, send email to confirm)
- Saturday: open/close Ricky/Lio (OPEN at 10)
- Sunday: 9am Processing class, Raven to open, Kevin to close
- Monday: open/close Edward (OPEN, send email to confirm)
- Tuesday: 7h30pm staff meeting
- Monthly New member welcome/integration day
- Task / challenge to complete.
- set the date: first X/Sunday of the month.
- Edward to make a plan to present next week.
- Photo board to show who are members, who are staff
- Where are the photos? What box? Paul/Sherry will find it.
- Instructions on the wall.
- Instr-what? Machine room instructions.
- Valentin to break down the instructions.
- improve the membership management system (renewer): script to send email=Lio, July 14th
- improve the internal communication management system. DFeed! Lio.
- Reaching out to chinese, workshops, presentations
- More PR. Steal X's mailing list: Done.
- Making new members more welcomed: introductory workshop.
Stake holders: second installment. David will follow up.
Next-next Wednesday: Mine Craft talk. To comment on agreement by next week. Kevin to represent XCJ. Next meeting mid-August.