Weekly Staff Meetings/2012-06-12
- Location: XinCheJian
- Time: 7:30pm
- Start time:
Michael, Edward, Sherry, MinLin, Jochen, Stephany, Valentin, Sunny, Lio
- Stephany for light covers with help from mica and especially Lio
- Lutz, Andi, Lio, Edward and Min Lin for the Italian team building workshop -- robot reset problem...
- Special thanks to Habib for the initiative work (contacting the intalin workshop)
- Lio, Edward, Paul for the door lock
- Roger and David for kicking off the hydroponics group
- Michael for the new small drill
Lessons learned from Italian team building workshop
- Good experience, well paid, should repeat -- Once per month would the rent
- Lots of preparations, finishing up, communications needed, very time consuming, should be taken in account in the price estimate
- Improve the building process -- better workshop material, and schedule, pretty messy for the 2nd group, we need better planning, clearer instructions to follow step by step.
- Improve the robot design by using ATTiny instead
- The major contributor for the workshop should receive some commercial payback (andi, lutz, minlin in this case) to be determined, minlin please send a email of detailed break down of the cost.
Visit from Sino-Finnish design school of Tongji
- July 10th, 2pm to 6pm, Tuesday
- 25 students + teachers
- David and Qichen to do this workshop -- Ardublock?! Edward send email to confirm, ask if any more help is needed, In xinchejian.
Robotics workshop at International school in Minhang
- Too late for this semester, postponed -- cancelled.
Chinese magazine (for women) interview on Saturday June 16th at 2pm
- Stephany (confirmed with 3d printer), Lio(TOBE confirmed) and Min Lin(confirmed) (Pin wei za zhi).
Processing class starting on sunday
- 13 people
- 1 July 4pm have final pitch for Lean startup machine at transist/centre area. There shouldn't be at clash.
- Paul away from June 9th - 20th, Ricky away from June 11th to 16th
- Someone to cover the wednesdays email _and_ hosting the event.
- Lio will do the hosting (Confirm) , Edward(confirm with david) will do the emails
Machine usage rules
- Access control -- check out system (a list of authorized users, put it on wiki, a basic training before getting the access.)
- Print out a instruction and guide line on the wall.
- Communication between different user -- wiki as a solution, put up a big "DO NOT TOUCH" sign
- Stephany send out a email to 3D team.
- Valentin would hold a workshop for how to use 3d printer
- Lesson learn from Cruicible
- Check out system
- Have to reserve (3d printer, mill ...)
- Need to be certified for certain equipment (drill press, band saw)
- Cost (Stephany would kick off a email for basic guild line for cost)
- Material (Bring your own or buy from xcj)
- Consumables (Drill bits)
- Time slot (3d printer, CNC mill)
- 10 resistors for 1rmb, Not necessarily all the same value, keep until we have a problem.
- 10 capacitors for 1 rmb different values OK
- Electrolytic capacitors 1rmb per piece
- Other small components to stock? LED, switch proto boards (minlin order). 3rd party vendor
- Polymorph resell price (min lin decide on the price 30% on top of the cost?)
- The cost is 170rmb per kilo, plus 22rmb for the shipping, total cost for 2 kilos is 362rmb
- Make bags of 50 grammes each for 20rmb.
Welcome our new staff member
- Valentin and Kevin
- For removal of the staff member, we should inform them first?
More keys cut?
- MinLin would cut 5 sets for the main entrance
- Valentin, stephany, kevin get key access
Sunny share survey result on the kids day event
- No girls are interested in robots, too difficult for kids is the general feeling
- There are a lot of electronics in kids life, they don't feel the magic anymore.
- some more points (copy over later)
Space is the project
- LED stripes for extra lighting near the soldering stations (windows side), the one we brought is not as bright.
- Webcam -- Paul and valentin
- No more use of the conference room (they want to charge 100rmb per hour) andi: for big event we should negotiate a per event fee.
- We should charge them for putting up the light over 500rmb per our for stephany's work on light cover 3x for weekend, lio provide his quotation.
- Rooftop, parking lot as a alternative option. (Discuss with W+K, anyone?)
- How to make our are suitable for Wednesday night
- Move the shelves
- put get a better screen hang at the hydroponics side or the shelf side.
- Remove the big tables.
- Beijing Dong Lu incubator center (David Follow up)
More upcoming events
- Survey result of kids carnival
- Kids workshops (Sunny Sun)
- Hydroponics workshops (sell kits)
- Halloween Haunted House Challenge?
- Arduino workshops?
Roster for opening/closing the space
- Sign up or get signed up if you are on staff.
- This week
- Wednesday: Lio
- Thursday evening: Edward (7:30)open and close
- Friday evening: open/close (OPEN, send email to confirm)
- Saturday: open/close (OPEN at 10)
- Sunday: 9am Processing class, open at 8:45am, give raven a key (who), valentin close
- Monday: Stepheny OPEN/Valentin CLOSE
- Tuesday: 7h30pm staff meeting
Sherry proposed paper bridge competition instead of spaghetti bridge. 
- do a internal test run this week (Sat or sun)
- sherry would like to ask people to pay.
- try paper tower, paper chair
- let's get some news paper, and CA glue.
- Lio, ricky is special case, let's just do it, but the contract is no value as a template for future.
- Edward, sponsorship should not ask for monetary return, this would differentiate us from incubators.
- This is a case by case.
- Sponsorship implies xinchejian's logo would be on lophilo.
- lophilo's logo on xinchejian page is a different issue, can be on "projects we support section".
MIT Hackathon in November
- XCJ + ?Techyizu? + Ideo
- Microsoft (ok, Lio) to work with Hackathon?
- what's the theme? proposed by MIT, hardware for sure
- Lio wants to participate to the software hackathon organized Techyizu
- Edward is planning that one (need help for that one)
- Kevin propose differentiate pricing system: Cheaper for people pay 3months or 1year up front.
- Monthly New member welcome event...
- Task / challenge to complete.
- Photo board to show who are members, who are staff
- Instructions on the wall.
- improve the membership management system (renewer).
- improve the internal communication management system
- Reaching out to chinese, workshops, presentations
- More PR
- Making new members more welcomed
- IDEA BOX idea... for people full of ideas, you can write them down and put them in the idea box!!!