Weekly Staff Meetings/2012-01-10
This is an Online meeting/discussion
- Lutz and Min Lin for Insectbot workshop, Edward for helping out soldering connectors, Min Lin for ordering all components needed
- Edward for Arduino Chinese workshop
- Edward for taking care of spaghetti bridge competition
- Everyone that showed up for City Pictorial magazine photo shooting
- Ricky for continue working on Starship project
- Ricky for writing about Ningbo Toyhouse visit
- Everyone that submitted XCJ 2.0 names
- Paul for writing out the unspoken etiquette
- Edward for taking care of Useless machine inquiry
- Paul and Edward for 5* Rat Motel
- Edward for getting ATTiny85
- Yi for taking up Event Manager
TODO follow up
Decide on the local Chinese delegates
- Chinese company since WOFE takes months to create, less flexibility
- Chinese passport holders XinCheJian members (transferrable)
- Ziyun: study in the US?
- Edward: 2 years time, move to another country
- Qichen: need to ask...
- Rocky or rockets?: need to ask...
- Wife of David
Legal representative: Lio, Ricky
- all signing powers
- represent shareholders
TODO(Lio): check with MSHR for being a Fa Ren
Two more positions:
- Treasurer: two full day classes on accounting 101
- TODO(rngadam): ask James Coombs to see if he wants to be the treasurer for XCJ 2.0
Fa Piao Machine? Either we have this, or pay the higher service tax rate
- Investor capital investment sheet
- Initial money by investors (first 3 months required by Monday Jan. 16th)
- TODO(rngadam): Check back to see what people can afford as first 3 months (upfront) as investment, David can offer no interest loans
- Kicking in 30K at the start
- 120K registered first year (has to be greater 100K)
- Initial investment from real shareholders
- we put 3 months initially, must be filled within the first year
- 15-20 names for the legal entity
- Already discussed by email
Should have legal entity by mid-February.
- Sign delegate application before the 9th (before the money!!)
- Dedicated agreement on who owns the shares by proxy
- Name verification 2-3 days
- Signing contract in name of the new legal entity
- Application for legal entity (2000RMB loaned by David)
- 4 weeks to get chops and licenses
- Yi how is it going?
- what do you need help with?
- are people responsive?
- Insectbot workshop
- Switch to use ATTiny85 instead of Arduino
- Combine with Ardublock workshop
- Promote for kids birthday parties
- is this inline with our goals and vision or are we a daycare center. (paul)
- Arduino Chinese Workshop
- People are interested for advanced workshop
Coming up this week
- Wednesday topics: Introduction to Milkymist, Launch of GitCafe, Android introduction workshop at 8pm.
- Yi how long is your presentation for Milkymist?
- GitCafe is flexible - Thomas from SHLUG and can be rescheduled but best to get in and help with hype
- Saturday: Useless machine workshop? Only 1 registered so far...
- Sunday: spaghetti bridge competition. Already 12 people signed up
Coming up next month
- Feb. 4th Filmmaking class, French filmmaker (English)
- Feb. 5th Op-Amps for Everybody! (with intro to SMT)
- Feb. 11th (planned) Processing class
- TODO(Yi): follow up and make sure to get all resources needed
- Staff responsible for opening hours during Chinese New Year (Put your name next to the dates)
- Wednesday Jan. 18th Paul
- Saturday Jan. 21th (your name here)
- Sunday Jan. 22th (your name here)
- Wednesday Jan. 25th (your name here)
- Saturday Jan. 28th (your name here)
- Sunday Jan. 29th (your name here)
- Away: Paul, Michael, Ricky, Min Lin
- Update calendar with trips and also pick up free slots (Monday, Wednesday evenings and Saturday, Sunday afternoon) to open the space
- Inventory count
- Electronics, boards, computers, etc
- TODO(Min Lin): Prepare some Arduino starter kits
- TODO(Edward): write articles (or get someone to write it)
- URGENT TODO(volunteer needed): test new batch of ultrasound sensors, need to be tested before Sunday Jan. 15th
- Edward has already tested 50% without error.