This explains how to use an Arduino as a programmer to program the microcontroller selected for our project, the ATtiny2313.
Preparing Arduino to be used as a programmer
Upload this to the Arduino (Uno, Dueminalove) from Arduino IDE:
(see attachment .zip for the folder)
- Save file into a folder called ArduinoISP2
- Open the project ArduinoISP2.pde in Arduino IDE
- Select the Tools > Board = Arduino Uno (or Dueminalove)
- Select the Tools > Serial port of your Arduino Uno (or Dueminalove)
Connecting the Arduino to the ATTINY2313
Insert the 10uF capacitor between Arduino RESET and GND pin (longer pin in RESET).
Connect the Arduino to the ATtiny2313:
Arduino Attiny2313 13 19 PB7/SCK 12 18 PB6/MISO 11 17 PB5/MOSI 10 1 PA2/Reset 5v 20 VCC GND 10 GND
Uploading a program to the ATtiny2313
- In Arduino IDE, change the configuration to ATtiny2313.
- Tools > Board: ATtiny2313, 8Mhz
- Tools > Port: your serial port
- Tools > Programmer: Arduino as ISP
- Open the blink sample.
- Change PIN from 13 to 0
ATtiny2313 full pinout
Use this as a reference:
RST - - VCC
P0 - - P16 P1 - - P15 P2 - - P14 P3 - - P13* P4 - - P12* P5 - - P11* P6 - - P10
- P7 - - P9
GND - - P8