City Project introduction
This is a starter page for our new upcoming city project. More info about the project will be added soon.
After some brainstorming we started to build the table where the city will be installed. For that we are going cheap and used material we already had in our space.
Our first try to move a building up and down to re-shape the city succeeded. The mechanics are not perfect yet but it's working.
|wood for table frame||free||Xinchejian|
|4x stepper motor with linear gear||25 RMB each||Taobao|
|8x motor driver board with DRV8833||10 RMB each||sunny|
|angle beams||100 RMB||Matt from local hardware store|
|Nuts, washers and bolts||15 RMB||Matt from local hardware store|
Equip the streets with copper coils to guide and power up the robot
Proposal for projection mapping software: Derivative's Touch Designer FTE is a node based realtime visual design environment with strong 3D capabilities. Free for non-commercial usage.
- TouchDesigner (Vimeo Group)
- TouchDesigner (Vimeo Channel)
- Touch Designer Tutorials (Vimeo Channel)
- Derivative's Video Tutorials
- Dervaive's Vimeo Channel
For communication with the Arduino controlled motors OSC Fornat or MIDI can be used.
Cam Schnappr a Touch designer compound for easy projector calibration.
- Open source OSC Library for Arduino by Recotana (in Japanese) Git Hub Project
- Touch to Arduino thread on Derivative forum
- Touch OSC iOS App for controlling OSC enabled devices